• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT24| Dances with Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.

GutZ31

Guys I have a jerb interview next week !!

It's so hard to find an employer who is willing to hire someone with a foreign nationality and I've found one 15 min walk away from my home. Hope I don't flop like I did in my PhD interview.

Nooblet: Hello! Its good to finally meet you!
Interviewer: Thank you for coming, we have a few questions to ask can we st-
Nooblet: No need! I have all the answers already.
Interviewer: ... Ok...
Nooblet: I have a level 34 Titan, Hunter, and Warlock in Destiny.
Interviewer: Sir, thats not what w-
Nooblet: And I have Ghallarhorn.
Interviewer: When can you start?

Just do this and you should be fine.

nOoblet16

Me: I have a Gjallarhorn
Her: Get out ! #Teamforevernohorn

Her: Where do you see yourself in 5 years time?
Me: Still struggling to manage vault space.

Namikaze1

Fail because it should shoot out a dozen tiny t-shirts.

Also, the problem with the exotic primaries is that without elemental damage, there is no reason to use them. For PvE, the Fatebringer is just better than Thorn, Last Word or Hawkmoon. That said, at least the Vex is usable. I dare someone to use the Necrocasm on an arc burn.

You also have the problem with "why should I give up the Gjallarhorn?". Because of the sheer amount of damage it does, along with the fact that you can carry hundreds of heavy synths and the heavy ammo glitch, there's no reason not to use it. That just devalues the all the other exotics even further and increases the value of all the old legendaries.

It was funny because the one or two times I got to play with him, we asked him if he couldn't just ask someone at Bungie to give him one.

The Gjallarhorn is my primary weapon. I'll use it to take out a single shank, because why not?
You must not have read my posts during my Necrochasm phase. I used that shit in Arc Burns. It was terrible.

I need to do 2 more PoE 34 this week (hopefully today) and I might do my first PoE 35 soon. Looking forward to ToO this week. I need the chest and since people already have it there might not be a lot of fierce competition.

Also I'm looking forward to TTK but I expected more content than what was shown. I am extremely happy though. I really hope there is some progression from Destiny 1 to Destiny 2. I am invested in this series. So much that I just might be buying the digital collector edition for those stupid emotes..

Also... call me when Skolas drop rate is increase please :/

Ring ring, calling 1-800-N00-MIII. We got 9 elemental primary drops from the 3 kills we did yesterday, but it sounds like we were the lucky exceptions relative to other groups that posted yesterday with the usual 0-1 drops per run.

X-Frame

Titans don't need Blink when they're the fastest class in the game. Well, in the right hands that is.

True, as long as they have Increased Control or Catapult even a Defender Titan can be very fast.

The Sunbreaker's "Fleetfire" perk also will stack Agility and Reload Speed up to 3x when enemies are killed by fire attacks - I assume that means the super, grenades and melee?

X-Frame

I should start practicing skating. :/

I also recommend switching to Bumper Jumper of you haven't already. Being able to skate and aim in different directions in mid-air has been an invaluable addition to my play style.

I switched last weekend and it's already I'd say 90% second nature.

Namikaze1

I also recommend switching to Bumper Jumper of you haven't already. Being able to skate and aim in different directions in mid-air has been an invaluable addition to my play style.

It's not good for me. I tried it for 10 hours and realized it is not for me. I'm used to using my thumb to move the stick and my index to jump.

What is "skating" in Destiny?

Use either Control or Catapult jumps on Titans, especially Strikers. Repeatedly press the jump button to start and stop your boosters and provide a fast horizontal momentum instead of a vertical one if you just press the jump button once and boost up.

Might sound a little confusing but just try spamming the jump button up to 7x (when your jet pack juice runs out regardless) and you'll start to get a feel for it. You can adjust the timing of the boost start/stops to affect your momentum and then use shoulder charge to further accentuate your mobility (or even change directions completely if you spin the camera around before activating shoulder charge).

I'd been messing with it for a few days but finally forced myself to do all reset activities with the Jumper controls. There are definitely some scrubby moments and unintentional super use but it's becoming more natural quickly. Hopefully it'll be very comfortable in time for Trials this weekend.

My biggest issue is that I tend to press the R3 stick down and accidentally melee during intense Crucible moments. Really annoying to use your ADS and punch the thin air right when you're about to kill someone...

noomi

Ring ring, calling 1-800-N00-MIII. We got 9 elemental primary drops from the 3 kills we did yesterday, but it sounds like we were the lucky exceptions relative to other groups that posted yesterday with the usual 0-1 drops per run.

Well, I think I should group up with you and Rubenov next time so some of that luck can rub off on me.

Still searching for that solar hand cannon. RNG pleeeeease!

is that triple barreled shotgun new?

god i love it already

also, i'd be willing to bet that's a new strike.

looks ill.

4th Horseman :D

Used to be pretty bad, but is now a pretty great shotgun. I wonder if xbox folk get it come September along with the other exclusives from PS4

Namikaze1

For whatever reason I find skating harder to do while using Jumper. Maybe I just need to get used to it, but it makes my Warlock even more cumbersome to use.

What layout do you use?
Default. I'm used to using my thumb for camera, index for jumping, and middle finger for trigger.

PuMa

Serious claw action. I can feel the hand cramps.

894d2174d3a1f73228305a5b955440c6.jpg

For whatever reason I find skating harder to do while using Jumper. Maybe I just need to get used to it, but it makes my Warlock even more cumbersome to use.

Warlocks can't skate, only glide :p

My only issue with jumper was accidental melees by pressing R3 ToO hard during firefights.

You warned me but I haven't been able to totally avoid it so far, it's definitely thrown me off a few times. Not sure what the recommended fix is...

PuMa

Warlocks can't skate, only glide :p

You warned me but I haven't been able to totally avoid it so far, it's definitely thrown me off a few times. Not sure what the recommended fix is...

The recommended fix it to just keep using Jumper. You get used to it and won't make the mistake any more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom