• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT24| Dances with Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
How does it work? I can learn this

I think around 75% we get a debuff (looks like Thorn DoT) it counts down to 30 seconds. The first person who gets it is random so if you see me starts dancing we have it. At 10 seconds or less you should take it from us (you don't know how long it is--hopefully you can hear us). We all have to take it, and we can only take it once. This only happens when will get his servitors either after the first time or when he gets lower health.

rNilla

All of these screenshots and analysis are exciting but the reality is everyone at E3 is playing a test build, likely a special E3 branch, and anything or everything in there could change before release.

Nuszka

That's my plan B if I'm not selected for the proper EU beta. So you can confirm me there's no region restriction on the US beta then? That would really good news.
I'm sure Kadey at least will join in on the SF5 fun (and beat everyone's ass)...

Will let you know, btw add me on psn for any future games , destiny or sf.

Shito

I don't have a fatebringer yet either, I will really have to start working on getting one at one point... ^^

Will let you know, btw add me on psn for any future games , destiny or sf.
Yep, gonna send you a FR, I'm Bonsoir on the PSN. :)

Yeah at this point they aren't saying anything they haven't already said. He's locked in to what he can or can't answer.

Talking about Deej of course. Others that are actually hands on with the content might have more insight and feel comfortable revealing a bit more

Pretty much everyone of these deej interviews has been cut/paste. Which is fine, that's Deej's job.

The only differences are really more slight hiccups in his speech where he accidentally uses the wrong word (I heard him say Rift has rounds, but he didn't mean rounds like Trials of Osiris rounds, he just chose a poor descriptive word.

All of these screenshots and analysis are exciting but the reality is everyone at E3 is playing a test build, likely a special E3 branch, and anything or everything in there could change before release.

Oh of course, but it's nice to get an inside the developer side of things. See the stuff they are thinking, and the ideas they are toying with.

hydruxo

Yeah at this point they aren't saying anything they haven't already said. He's locked in to what he can or can't answer.

Talking about Deej of course. Others that are actually hands on with the content might have more insight and feel comfortable revealing a bit more

Also doesn't help that most of these interviewers aren't asking any hard hitting questions. Destin from IGN is the only one who was asking really good questions yesterday because he actually plays Destiny, but even then Deej wouldn't / couldn't answer most of them.

Blunoise

Ok guys so Iam not able to get pics. They were on our asses. We played one Rift match. It was fun and our fire team one. Now regarding why the ghost moved up, I have no idea only know that my Ghost had a lol 34 on it. Also to the right bottome screen under class items there was a lock space for Artifacts only obtain at lvl 30 or higher believe. I played the Stormcaller and it seems that the grenades are not that powerful. But then again everything was fast pace and I couldn't get a real description of the class. Otherwise I am hype for the Taken King. Oh and I had a Suros rocket launcher.

Also got a new shader code.

Here's a silly question:

Why is Destiny named Destiny?

Halo's name is obvious enough. But Destiny as a name is pretty weak if you're only talking about your guardian's Destiny, given the flimsiness of the story.

Anyway, just bored in the office and got to thinking.

Would you still want if it keeps you from using Exotic armor pieces? As other have suggested, it's quite possibly equippable at level 1 to power-level new guardians to light 20/30.

(also, I want it so bad too. The Titan one has the same eagles that are on Gjallarhorn).
The name has seven letters and the company is supporting it for 10 years across all major console platforms. And it's mentioned in the trailer:

https://youtu.be/iMGE3B2wsS8

Also doesn't help that most of these interviewers aren't asking any hard hitting questions. Destin from IGN is the only one who was asking really good questions yesterday because he actually plays Destiny, but even then Deej wouldn't / couldn't answer most of them.

Ughh, which interview was it where someone actually asked about the shank burn being needed for that shank/phantom hybrid in the ViDoc?

What a waste of interview time.

I understand that, but the problem is they said a lot less about it than the vidoc. He could have gone a bit into the new subclasses, for example, instead of just saying "there's new subclasses".

I completely missed it, what was it?

An interview by Gamespot. Don't worry, you can get more information out of the vidoc.

I'm with you on this one: it has its use.
Strength is probably the best stat to have for a hunter running PoE, for example...
Yeah being able to blink strike and go invisible every 15 seconds is a godsend.
I'd just rather have quicker supers and grenades. The times I've found myself needing a melee off cooldown quicker is really low.

I think the whole "melee is on a charge" thing kind of holds it back too. In PVE, you've got one melee charge for one enemy in a room of 30 enemies. In pvp, close range is blink/slide shotties and outside of flame shield it's really risky to try out-meleeing a shotty.

Well I suppose it's all personal preference. I also don't really understand how the intellect stat works. I tested it out once and as long as I'm killing enemies I get my super in about the same amount of time. Outside of combat it charges much faster with max intellect, but I'm usually fighting things so I've always found the stat to be kinda meh. I could absolutely be wrong though, as I tested it out WAY back.

I just love throwing knives, blink strike, and flame shield way too much. Those things have saved my life more times than I can count.

Deku Tree

Ughh, which interview was it where someone actually asked about the shank burn being needed for that shank/phantom hybrid in the ViDoc?

Interviewers from big websites will never ask tough questions even if they knew what to ask because then they don't get invited to do the next interview.

E3 is all corporate theater.

Only Twitch streamers like Goth ask though questions and then you saw how Bungie changed the format of the whole reveal afterwards. "No more questions!"

rNilla

Interviewers from big websites will never ask tough questions even if they knew what to ask because then they don't get invited to do the next interview.

Only Twitch streamers like Goth ask though questions and then you saw how Bungie changed the format of the whole reveal afterwards.

I think this has less to do with publications being "afraid" and more to do with not wasting everyone's time. There's a PR and marketing plan and these "interviews" are little more than product placement. It's an elevator pitch to promote whatever it is they are showing. This is not the place for hot scoops and dropped bombs. We know what they want us to know at this point in time.

And while Gothalion asked some good questions he seemed kind of rude about it given the circumstances.

When Luke and Urk were on they didn't talk in circles like Deej is apparently forced to do. They were a lot more straight forward even when it was just a "we're not talking about that right now" type of answer. Nonetheless, the hype levels are still pretty high.

I stopped playing the game for about 3 months. Is it easy to get back into it? My brother gifted me the season pass so I kinda want to try it out. Should I start fresh or should I continue with my old character?

Lee

Only Twitch streamers like Goth ask though questions and then you saw how Bungie changed the format of the whole reveal afterwards. "No more questions!"

That was IGN, and that interview was 100% better than the Gamespot one. I don't follow games journalism whatsoever but it felt to me like the IGN interviewer had been following GAF/Reddit/Whatever and had some pretty pertinent questions. The giant shank one was misplaced, but he probably saw that post from yesterday at the top of Reddit and felt it was worth asking. He also asked about legacy weapons, vault space, etc. Pretty good questions if you ask me.

Dishy

Unconfirmed Member

It was the IGN interview with Destin. For me it was the best interview because we know Destin being a vivid Destiny player (Fireteam Chat - Podcast). So I thought that the question while being unnecessary was a nice jab

Deku Tree

When Luke and Urk were on they didn't talk in circles like Deej is apparently forced to do. They were a lot more straight forward even when it was just a "we're not talking about that right now" type of answer. Nonetheless, the hype levels are still pretty high.

Is a video of this going to go up? Did they say anything new at all? I want to watch it.

A bad journalist will ask questions that the developer can't answer
A good journalist will ask questions that the above average viewer already knows
A great journalist will ask questions that get hintful responses.

Examples:

Bad - Whats the final boss of the Raid?
Good - Whats the new super ability (that you already clearly showed us in your ViDoc)?
Great - You mentioned that some older strikes are being reworked; Can you elaborate on that?

It was the IGN interview with Destin. For me it was the best interview because we know Destin being a vivid Destiny player (Fireteam Chat - Podcast). So I thought that the question while being unnecessary was a nice jab

I think he meant it as a question in jest, but he didn't deliver it the right way and then Deej took it seriously and made it awkward.

That was IGN, and that interview was 100% better than the Gamespot one. I don't follow games journalism whatsoever but it felt to me like the IGN interviewer had been following GAF/Reddit/Whatever and had some pretty pertinent questions. The giant shank one was misplaced, but he probably saw that post from yesterday at the top of Reddit and felt it was worth asking. He also asked about legacy weapons, vault space, etc. Pretty good questions if you ask me.

The gamespot one was hilarious because the interviewer didn't seem to know the source material so Deej pretty much just did his job for him and handled all the transitions into the new information.

Dishy

Unconfirmed Member

So true. I really don't get why DeeJ wants/has to be this persona talking like he's a character in the game. The devs were acting normally without being overly figurative. They answer or don't answer. DeeJ almost always avoids answering the question straight away.

Shito

So yeah, just stumbled upon a prowling wolves event while patroling on the earth. We complete it with two randoms, spend 1:10 minute searching for the damn chest when I see the notification popping up about someone pointing at something. He's far across the map, but luckily I manage to get to him and secure the chest with only 2 seconds remaining.
I wave at my savior, he does the warlock respect gesture in return, and we all part ways.

Those small moments are why I love the Destiny community so much.

Mindlog

Just a reminder.
7dkmzys.jpg

I still want the Pilgrim.

grief

Well it looks like the PS4 version of TTK Special Toys edition is sold out on Gamestop's website. :/
I really loathe retailer exclusives, almost as much as the timed console exclusive stuff.

So yeah, just stumbled upon a prowling wolves event while patroling on the earth. We complete it with two randoms, spend 1:10 minute searching for the damn chest when I see the notification popping up about someone pointing at something. He's far across the map, but luckily I manage to get to him and secure the chest with only 2 seconds remaining.
I wave at my savior, he does the warlock respect gesture in return, and we all part ways.

Those small moments are why I love the Destiny community so much.
Yeah I always do that, even when we were able to grab a chest multiple times. I would wave, point, and dance for about 10 seconds and would see if the person was headed my direction and then try to grab the chest a few more times.

People have definitely become more helpful with it now that you can only grab it once.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom