• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT24| Dances with Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.

OkayRene

I'm starting a glimmer train at Gatekeeper HM, hopefully people can join, I was having some trouble running it solo, earlier.

join on 'okayrene'

EL CUCO

LLPFkkG.jpg

Kyoufu

I'm starting a glimmer train at Gatekeeper HM, hopefully people can join, I was having some trouble running it solo, earlier.

join on 'okayrene'

I have 300 glimmer to my name so I'd love to, however my dinner should be ready soon so maybe after that if there's still room.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
That's cool. I need to go in a bit but I'll probably do one now, and the other two later on before getting into some Trials.

todd360

Hey Todd you're fine man. I rant sometimes too. WE ARE ALLOWED TO RANT PEOPLE. THIS ISN'T MEANT TO BE AN ECHO CHAMBER. (end rant/caps lock insanity)

Thanks phen0m.

i could be wrong but I don't see anyone being pissed at you or wanting you to leave. Seems more like you and wesleyshark and macewank are moreso all obliquely responding to nooblet. Since you've used the phrase "every time," I've payed pretty close attention to these OTs and I really don't know what recurring phenomenon you're referring to. Nobody wants you to leave.

I'm sorry hawkian. I really need to stop taking this stuff so personally. I think its because its text and not voice. I just read it in a way that is super negative towards me sometimes. Its hard to tell sometimes. I just get jealous that people like zoba seemed to be loved by everyone here and we all send our love and support to him and then the next day people are calling me out for saying small dlc is small.

Magwik

Banned
Nothing like being in the middle of a trials game and suddenly having your controller stop functioning and no other controller can bring up the XMB I dont even understand how I can't use my controller but talk can't do anything from either controller

todd360

Congrats on the 4th horseman Cuco!

That gun seems so rare to me now that I think about it. I don't know many people who have it. Its a good thing its not one of the guns that people really want badly.

Oh yeah. Heads up everyone who plays on playstation. Best buy has a a year subscription for $39.99 right now with free shipping. I just bought one since my membership runs out this month. It is always nice to get that $10 dollars off.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I'm sorry hawkian. I really need to stop taking this stuff so personally. I think its because its text and not voice. I just read it in a way that is super negative towards me sometimes. Its hard to tell sometimes. I just get jealous that people like zoba seemed to be loved by everyone here and we all send our love and support to him and then the next day people are calling me out for saying small dlc is small.
definitely. I hate using raw text and struggle to establish tone and sometimes rewrite my posts many times, probably the most obsessive-compulsive thing about me.. You're one of the most beloved members here too todd.

XenoRaven

Thanks phen0m.

You're definitely taking stuff too personally. We haven't played much but I enjoyed playing Trials with you last week and was hoping to do it again. You might already be done for the week though.

I might get myself into trouble here, but it's not like people sent support to Zoba because we're holding a popularity contest. Dude's going through some stuff right now and didn't even really want us to know about it. I'm fairly new here but it seems like there are plenty of people that care about you and enjoy playing with you, so just relax a bit. I don't think I've seen anyone in this community call another out with the intent to offend.

BondFancy

Yeah, this map is pretty awesome for trials.

Just beat a team using final round spear and using the swarm grenade glitch... 5-0'd them. Felt so good lol.
Oh I know it's such a beautiful thing haha!

Holy shit thats insane! Best i've managed on this map is 8 wins in a row, but was spilt across 2 cards so still havent got the gold package this week!

How do you manage that? What do you run as?

Also, help me go flawless please lol..

My first flawless this week was Titan, which was horrible. First tip never use a striker Titan haha! My second flawless this week was with my Sunsinger which is in my opinion the best class to use. I've gone flawless with each class at least once now so I can safely say that. Also, my Matador was my best friend this week, it had aggressive ballistics/shot package/rifled barrel/kneepads. I was running with a Thorn as a well and The Dreamwaker with Tripod/Grenades and Horseshoes. Also, each time was with LFG randoms, it all came down to proper communication, solid strategy (had a specific strategy for each spawn), and no one was a lone wolf. One teammate never strayed from the others and we traveled in packs. Final note, exotics with fast revives are a must, so many times that saved our butts.

AAdd me maybe I can tag along while you go 9-0 single-handedly? :p PSN ColonelOcorn
Unfortunately, I'm on Xb1 :(

Langy

Anyone wanting to do hard crota? need 4 more people to get involved, see if i can finally get some decent drops from him!

Add Langoit on psn will go when we have enough!

X-Frame

My first flawless this week was Titan, which was horrible. First tip never use a striker Titan haha! My second flawless this week was with my Sunsinger which is in my opinion the best class to use. I've gone flawless with each class at least once now so I can safely say that. Also, my Matador was my best friend this week, it had aggressive ballistics/shot package/rifled barrel/kneepads. I was running with a Thorn as a well and The Dreamwaker with Tripod/Grenades and Horseshoes. Also, each time was with LFG randoms, it all came down to proper communication, solid strategy (had a specific strategy for each spawn), and no one was a lone wolf. One teammate never strayed from the others and we traveled in packs. Final note, exotics with fast revives are a must, so many times that saved our butts.

Why not Striker Titan? The amount of times I took out 2-3 of them with my super, sometimes 2x a match was higher than I thought.

Tito, sorry I had to leave. I drew major aggro from wifey.

If you or slammin are on later, and need more ToO, I'll be on.

My ps4 froze so I guess it isn't much of an issue. I'll surely be on later, just message me whenever you're ready to go(even if Im not on. I'll receive it on my phone.) One helmet left xD

ocean

Banned
No one owes the game anything nor does it exist for any other reason than to generate profit for its creators and distributors and entertainment for its patrons.
You just gave me a perfect answer for "what are your hobbies?" I'll answer:
I'm a patron of Destiny. Sounds badass.

And Todd, take it easy. Nobody wants you to leave or whatever it is you're imagining. The only time I recall people calling you out semi aggressively was when you were OT poster and refused to support our Xbox members for some silly reason. I still think your reticence was a joke because there's no way you were serious, but you dragged it on too long and people called you out on it. Other than that, any personal negativity towards you must be a matter of misunderstanding, you're a cool guy and a valuable, active member of the community.

As for Nooblet's and your opinion about the DLC, it's perfectly valid. The thing is, people who disagree hold equally valid opinions. The whole purpose of the place is discussing differences, but if you don't like something and somebody else does, this doesn't mean they dislike or don't wanna see you. That's a leap you needn't take man.

Is this DLC weak on content? If you say "I don't like Prison of Elders or Trials of Osiris" then there ain't much here, move along. Same could have been said about TDB: if you didn't like Crota's End as a Raid or Omnigul as a Strike, pass on it.

But the good thing about the state of the game now is I believe it offers you choices. Doing all the weekly activities was tough in vanilla. It became a second job in TDB. Now with HoW, it's nearly impossible unless you do nothing but play. As a result, I don't even bother. If I missed a Heroic Crota a few months ago on one character on one week, it felt like missing a deadline.

Now whenever I log on there's so much shit I haven't done for the week that I can just hop in to whatever I feel like for a short burst.

PoE 32? Sure I'll join on Warlock. Fresh VoG? Neat. Nightfall? Ok. Daily Heroic for marks, notes, XP and planetary mats? Why not. Daily Crucible for passage coins? Oh it's the weekend, some Trials? Crota? Skolas? Weekly strike?

There's an overwhelming amount of stuff to do, so whenever I log on chances are high that I'll find people doing something I'm still missing. Gone are my Reset Tuesdays of 3x DS+Crota+ Heroic Crota -> Atheon + Hard Atheon + NF + Weekly in 8 hours.

There's new stuff in patrol, a new PvP mode, weekly tournament, new maps which don't suck, loads of new armor and weapons which are easy enough to upgrade that it's worth it, re rolling meta, a new boss every week in PoE (for now at least), some new exotic armor definitely worth trying for...

The game feels samey. But it has since novber when you reached rank 3 on your factions after running the same six strikes seventy million times. For me at least, the game is still fun when playing with friends and I always have something to do.

I know you'll disagree with me, but I'm sure you don't want me out of the thread right? It works both ways! Take it easy and stick around man.

BondFancy

Why not Striker Titan? The amount of times I took out 2-3 of them with my super, sometimes 2x a match was higher than I thought.
I'm absolutely terrible with striker Titan I think in my flawless run I got 2 kills total with the super, I prefer the range of a gunslinger or the awesome clutch Sunsinger revives.

noomi

Looks like a couple of the trials groups I was going to join already got started so I'm going to do some crucible for a bit.

Lemme know.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

And Todd, take it easy. Nobody wants you to leave or whatever it is you're imagining. The only time I recall people calling you out semi aggressively was when you were OT poster and refused to support our Xbox members for some silly reason. I still think your reticence was a joke because there's no way you were serious, but you dragged it on too long and people called you out on it. Other than that, any personal negativity towards you must be a matter of misunderstanding, you're a cool guy and a valuable, active member of the community.

As for Nooblet's and your opinion about the DLC, it's perfectly valid. The thing is, people who disagree hold equally valid opinions. The whole purpose of the place is discussing differences, but if you don't like something and somebody else does, this doesn't mean they dislike or don't wanna see you. That's a leap you needn't take man.

Is this DLC weak on content? If you say "I don't like Prison of Elders or Trials of Osiris" then there ain't much here, move along. Same could have been said about TDB: if you didn't like Crota's End as a Raid or Omnigul as a Strike, pass on it.

But the good thing about the state of the game now is I believe it offers you choices. Doing all the weekly activities was tough in vanilla. It became a second job in TDB. Now with HoW, it's nearly impossible unless you do nothing but play. As a result, I don't even bother. If I missed a Heroic Crota a few months ago on one character on one week, it felt like missing a deadline.

Now whenever I log on there's so much shit I haven't done for the week that I can just hop in to whatever I feel like for a short burst.

PoE 32? Sure I'll join on Warlock. Fresh VoG? Neat. Nightfall? Ok. Daily Heroic for marks, notes, XP and planetary mats? Why not. Daily Crucible for passage coins? Oh it's the weekend, some Trials? Crota? Skolas? Weekly strike?

There's an overwhelming amount of stuff to do, so whenever I log on chances are high that I'll find people doing something I'm still missing. Gone are my Reset Tuesdays of 3x DS+Crota+ Heroic Crota -> Atheon + Hard Atheon + NF + Weekly in 8 hours.

There's new stuff in patrol, a new PvP mode, weekly tournament, new maps which don't suck, loads of new armor and weapons which are easy enough to upgrade that it's worth it, re rolling meta, a new boss every week in PoE (for now at least), some new exotic armor definitely worth trying for...

The game feels samey. But it has since novber when you reached rank 3 on your factions after running the same six strikes seventy million times. For me at least, the game is still fun when playing with friends and I always have something to do.

I know you'll disagree with me, but I'm sure you don't want me out of the thread right? It works both ways! Take it easy and stick around man.
damn fine post I say.

X-Frame

I'm absolutely terrible with striker Titan I think in my flawless run I got 2 kills total with the super, I prefer the range of a gunslinger or the awesome clutch Sunsinger revives.

Gotcha! Well I could see a Defender being valuable as an orb factory and if your team likes to hold the middle. Placing a bubble there for WoL or BoL would be a great idea too to play more defensively.

todd360

You're definitely taking stuff too personally. We haven't played much but I enjoyed playing Trials with you last week and was hoping to do it again. You might already be done for the week though.

I might get myself into trouble here, but it's not like people sent support to Zoba because we're holding a popularity contest. Dude's going through some stuff right now and didn't even really want us to know about it. I'm fairly new here but it seems like there are plenty of people that care about you and enjoy playing with you, so just relax a bit. I don't think I've seen anyone in this community call another out with the intent to offend.

I'll try to stop reading things as attacks against me. I will definitely play trials with you later if you want to play. It has to be before game of thrones and fallout 4 stream though. I was thinking about changing the oil in my car soon. That always takes me a little over an hour to pull off. Have to take a shower after that as well. I will just come back here and say I'm ready to play when I'm ready I guess. Then we can find our third.

ocean

Banned
Damn, just had a Destiny flashback. Hawkian, do you remember what came before newbie raids? Newbie Nightfalls! Damn I was a scrub, I remember seeing you go invisible to get my rez and thought "oh shit I need a Hunter"

nOoblet16

i could be wrong but I don't see anyone being pissed at you or wanting you to leave. Seems more like you and wesleyshark and macewank are moreso all obliquely responding to nooblet. Since you've used the phrase "every time," I've payed pretty close attention to these OTs and I really don't know what recurring phenomenon you're referring to. Nobody wants you to leave.

regardless, moving on to other games or other activities elsewhere in their lives is exactly what anyone who has lost interest or feels like they are losing interest should do. No one owes the game anything nor does it exist for any other reason than to generate profit for its creators and distributors and entertainment for its patrons.

The problem with moving on to other games is that you lose this community. The community is the reason I played Destiny in the first place but with how the new events are, you feel kind of limiting in terms of who you can play with or who you would rather prefer playing with.

I am a regular PvPer and pretty good at it, but I don't have a single consistent team/group of people I play with, the problem I see here is again how the new events make people hesitant to try out/play things with people outside of their preferred two, which means the only way to get over that is to get another group who would play with me regularly. Since the first week I've been trying to get a group of people who would always be ready to play it at a specific time to run trials but to no avail. As it stands whenever trials comes up on fridays, I know I won't be able to run it at all unless I play with just about anyone who asks. Just wish Ray was still here :|

I almost gave up on Destiny, but when I found the DestinyGAF Community I have never been involved in so much stuff with a bunch of great guys/gals in this community. I have never been welcomed by so many people. I can't just leave :p.

Btw, Ryu is amazing in Smash.

After getting owned and teabagged I practiced changed my game up and got dat lighthouse today. Fuck yeah. So gratifying.

Hot damn, that's great. I've been practicing and changing, and still feel incompetent in trials. I feel like as I get better, so does the competition, and more of the weaker competition either sit it out altogether or wait for a carry.

todd360

Nah I agree with you, but want you to leave. Go on. Go home dammit! You stupid dog! I don't want you here anymore!!!! GOOO!!!

That was the plot of shiloh right? haha

Also that xbox thing was not a joke. I was being a huge jerk and deserved all they hate I got for it. I took the xbox one policy's as a huge attack on our hobby and wasn't really over it. Everyone else moved on and I was still holding a big grudge. Phil Spencer seems to be a great new leader who won't try to pull that crap again. I'm letting it go. Maybe I'll get an xbox one someday for halo 5 and gears. Still feel like I would get a Wii U first though if only for zelda.

http://www.twitch.tv/twitch

Is that where we can watch the bethesda conf. tonight and all other ones? What time does it start EST?

10 pm est I think noomi. Or maybe its 9:30. I forgot. Wait no I think its 10. 10 is my final answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom