• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT24| Dances with Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.

XenoRaven

I'll try to stop reading things as attacks against me. I will definitely play trials with you later if you want to play. It has to be before game of thrones and fallout 4 stream though. I was thinking about changing the oil in my car soon. That always takes me a little over an hour to pull off. Have to take a shower after that as well. I will just come back here and say I'm ready to play when I'm ready I guess. Then we can find our third.
Sounds good man. I didn't sleep very well last night but I had a nap and I'll drink some coffee before we go lol.

Also this sounds crazy but if you ever get an Xbox, try and get it with Kinect. The UI is a pain in the ass to navigate without voice commands.

todd360

Sounds good man. I didn't sleep very well last night but I had a nap and I'll drink some coffee before we go lol.

Also this sounds crazy but if you ever get an Xbox, try and get it with Kinect. The UI is a pain in the ass to navigate without voice commands.

No way. I'm trying to give xbox another chance. I didn't even like kinect back when it came out on 360. No way I'm supporting kinect. I'm sure i'll be pissed off enough if I ever get an xbox one and have to look at all the advertisements while moving around the menu. That always made me so mad on end of days 360. I'm paying $50 a year already and your forcing ads down my throat. Buy doritos and mountain dew! Also World of Warcraft commercials on a system I can't play WoW on.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I know a lot of people from DestinyGAF also play a lot of other games. I can't imagine only playing one game at a time personally. At any time GAF is a huge collection of overlapping communities and it's better for it. Destiny's one of the biggest for sure, and it's a great one. But there are a lot of good people on GAF. Your appreciation of any one game is enriched by the context of others.

Namikaze1

Back from Jurassic World. How's everyone doing? Golden Gun bullshit still going strong? Bungie's servers still fucking people over big time this weekend?

noomi

I know a lot of people from DestinyGAF also play a lot of other games. I can't imagine only playing one game at a time personally. At any time GAF is a huge collection of overlapping communities and it's better for it. Destiny's one of the biggest for sure, and it's a great one. But there are a lot of good people on GAF. Your appreciation of any one game is enriched by the context of others.

I'm a big PC gamer, and my backlog is huge because of destiny. Finally starting to feel caught up with destiny and its content. I will probably start spending a bit more time with my PC games until Sept when more destiny goodness comes out.

I have been playing destiny exclusively since house of wolves though lol. No time for anything else :p

Yo I've got three weapons to max out (luckily all different slots) - what is the fastest way to do this?

The usual. Get 10 bounties completed, start running the daily/nightfall/weekly... pop the corresponding telemetry right before finishing the daily/nightfall/weekly, and then finish up and turn in the bounties. Try to have a daily Public Event package at the postmaster as well. If you have time left on the telemetry, try to run a different daily/weekly event.

Namikaze1

How was Jurassic World? I am going to see it in a few hours.
Better than the sequels but not as good as the original. Last half hour is just pure hype though. I enjoyed it a lot though there's still a big focus on my least favorite part of the series: the kids. God I hate any scene involving kids in this series.

ocean

Banned
Yo I've got three weapons to max out (luckily all different slots) - what is the fastest way to do this?

Run Nightfall, it'll boost all XP gains by 25% until the end of the week. After that, bounties man. The Daily Heroic Mission and Daily Crucible Mode will each offer a nice XP payout to your equipped stuff, but it's bounties where you can really make stuff happen. There's Eris, Vanguard, Crucible and Queen's bounties so if you get to work you can get your stuff upgraded quick.

todd360

I'm a big PC gamer, and my backlog is huge because of destiny. Finally starting to feel caught up with destiny and its content. I will probably start spending a bit more time with my PC games until Sept when more destiny goodness comes out.

I have been playing destiny exclusively since house of wolves though lol. No time for anything else :p

My backlog is big as well. Like I was planning on playing xenoblade on 3ds tonight, but then I'm asked to play trials and I can't say no. I also still have to play trails in the sky and monster hunter 4. Also have to finish replaying kingdom hearts 2 for the 5th time ha-ha. Damn you hd remasters. Also birth by sleep again. Kingdom hearts is on the back burner until 3 is close to release though. My other games are huge time commitments and more good stuff is releasing this year.

phen0m24

Hey DGAF family, Twilight asked me to share this with the group.

"id like to apologize for both my untimely departure from the community and for concerning everyone. these events are more recent and not necessarily recurring, but they have taken their toll and im afraid ive been over-reliant on the wrong things. it was not my intention to make my struggles too public, however i appreciate the overwhelming support ive gotten. an internal war rages within me daily for countless reasons, and although i have tried it is not something i believe can be resolved through professional avenues. rather, it is something i must find for myself - a rite of passage i can only grant - and i dont think i can do that while im distracted. whether this is 'the last word' or my worst arnold impression for 'ill be back', please know that i am grately humbled to have been a part of everyone's life, even if it was as simple as a fleeting virtual moment.

-zoba "

good job, good effort.

0FxXb0O.jpg

ocean

Banned
Warlocks have some really cool class items man. I kind of wish Hunters and Titans also had stuff with effects. This one changes colors:
MVxSF4t.jpg

While this one, while you can't tell from the picture, is on fire and has flames dancing around it:
VwUe9Ph.jpg

Shito

"id like to apologize for both my untimely departure from the community and for concerning everyone. these events are more recent and not necessarily recurring, but they have taken their toll and im afraid ive been over-reliant on the wrong things. it was not my intention to make my struggles too public, however i appreciate the overwhelming support ive gotten. an internal war rages within me daily for countless reasons, and although i have tried it is not something i believe can be resolved through professional avenues. rather, it is something i must find for myself - a rite of passage i can only grant - and i dont think i can do that while im distracted. whether this is 'the last word' or my worst arnold impression for 'ill be back', please know that i am grately humbled to have been a part of everyone's life, even if it was as simple as a fleeting virtual moment.

-zoba "
I don't know if you are still reading this, Zoba, but there will be a party for your return.
Best of luck in your journey until then.

Better than the sequels but not as good as the original. Last half hour is just pure hype though. I enjoyed it a lot though there's still a big focus on my least favorite part of the series: the kids. God I hate any scene involving kids in this series.

Saw it last night and I second this.

I actually really enjoy the balance of PvP and PvE content to run. My only gripe - which I've already posted about - is the disparity in loot from PoE compared to Trials. I'd say PoE and strikes is about 10 hours for 3 characters and Trials is about 3 hours plus a couple more hours to finish off PvP bounties/helping others. I feel less overwhelmed than I did when I was trying to LFG VoG and Crota every week. If they just can just fix the Judgement's Chance system and raise the elemental primary drop rate, I will be very, very happy with this DLC.

And now for something completely different - I started Bloodborne last night. It's really fucking good, you guys.

My backlog is big as well. Like I was planning on playing xenoblade on 3ds tonight, but then I'm asked to play trials and I can't say no. I also still have to play trails in the sky and monster hunter 4. Also have to finish replaying kingdom hearts 2 for the 5th time ha-ha. Damn you hd remasters. Also birth by sleep again. Kingdom hearts is on the back burner until 3 is close to release though. My other games are huge time commitments and more good stuff is releasing this year.

You should play Trails asap. So so good. I'm gonna have to play through it again once the 2nd game is closer to coming out

That's exactly what my friend said who saw it lol. Well it's good it's better then the last two and I never saw it topping the first so I am stoked to see it.

-zoba "

I think I only played with zoba like once or twice since I joined this great DGAF community but i remember him giving me some great advice on using TLW and over all how to play the destiny pvp. I am greatful for that and still use his guides to this day.

Zoba,
If you are reading this, find whatever makes you happy in life and embrace it. Good luck on your journey we will all be waiting on your return to inspire us with your knowledge of this great game.

I am fairly new here, long time lurker but been posting here for like 4-5 months, but seeing how welcoming and friendly everyone here can be has been a great experience for me. Not many communities like this where people can just be themselves and have fun.

Last night showed me something more about this place as I was going through and catching up on the posts. I saw a community go far and beyond to help out a guardian in need and it was really a heartwarming thing to see. It's jut amazing to me to see a community formed around this great game can be full of really genuine people who aren't shy of helping a friend in need.

phen0m24

Ok so dumb question.

Where would I see these Twitch invites?

I don't see one. I don't even know what I'm looking for.

I'm a nerd but apparently not that big of one in streamer-land.

Hugs, kisses
and [passiveaggressive]apparently helmets for all the rest of you[/passiveaggressive]
LOL

deafmedal

So I've got a Trials card with 3 wins and two losses. I've bought the last boon, anyone care to run with me?

I'll try my best :)

LTWood12

-zoba "

Praying for you daily Zoba. Godspeed

Ganhyun

Oh I know it's such a beautiful thing haha!

My first flawless this week was Titan, which was horrible. First tip never use a striker Titan haha! My second flawless this week was with my Sunsinger which is in my opinion the best class to use. I've gone flawless with each class at least once now so I can safely say that. Also, my Matador was my best friend this week, it had aggressive ballistics/shot package/rifled barrel/kneepads. I was running with a Thorn as a well and The Dreamwaker with Tripod/Grenades and Horseshoes. Also, each time was with LFG randoms, it all came down to proper communication, solid strategy (had a specific strategy for each spawn), and no one was a lone wolf. One teammate never strayed from the others and we traveled in packs. Final note, exotics with fast revives are a must, so many times that saved our butts.

Unfortunately, I'm on Xb1 :(

XB1 you say?

GT?

gatti-man

Hot damn, that's great. I've been practicing and changing, and still feel incompetent in trials. I feel like as I get better, so does the competition, and more of the weaker competition either sit it out altogether or wait for a carry.

I play with the same people often and we all changed our guns and strats until we found what worked. We run one snipe two shotguns. Blinding grenades are life. Titan super for defense. Hunter golden guns for attack. Everyone stays together for easy rez. Rez is priority

ocean

Banned
Non-pro/carried teams will really need to prioritize revives over kills. If 2 out of 3 people in the team have their Keeper of the Pact armor piece (Alpha Lupi or Light Beyond Nemesis), no matter who dies you'll get fast revive. Ridiculously fast. Really clutch stuff...

XenoRaven

No way. I'm trying to give xbox another chance. I didn't even like kinect back when it came out on 360. No way I'm supporting kinect. I'm sure i'll be pissed off enough if I ever get an xbox one and have to look at all the advertisements while moving around the menu. That always made me so mad on end of days 360. I'm paying $50 a year already and your forcing ads down my throat. Buy doritos and mountain dew! Also World of Warcraft commercials on a system I can't play WoW on.
They got rid of the ads!

Lnkn52

Dude, its a small dlc. We didn't even get a raid this time. This isn't debatable. Most of it was content cut out from the main game that they just sat on till now.

You know what? Screw you guys. I have 16 days of play time in destiny. I was one of the first people to get flawless on atheon. I even record a destiny podcast with some great people in our community. Yet each and every time I say something somewhat negative, the destiny defense force comes out and shits all over my opinion. I was just trying to fucking say that this dlc is meant to hold us off until the real expansion. The content we got this time around isn't enough to keep a normal person playing every single day until the next dlc comes out. Arena isn't as good as a raid. Trials is fun, but its mostly just a new multiplayer mode with good rewards. The campaign missions were great, but there isn't any reason to play them more than once for each of your characters. I'm fully decked out in trials armor and there isn't anything else I can get unless I get lucky. Such as celestial nighthawk and ram helmet. You all know how unlucky I am. I don't even have a ghorn and I have played since the alpha. I forgot about that. I have even more than 16 days play time. I spent a great deal of time on the alpha and the beta. So save your sarcastic remarks for someone else. I know you all would love for me to move on to other games and never come back. I don't know what the hell I ever did here to piss everyone off so much.

I totally agree with you. The content doesn't seem enough to even last the beginning of the summer. But even with its shortcomings, I'll be playing when I have the chance. I'm just not that eager to be the first to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom