• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT24| Dances with Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Hey DGAF family, Twilight asked me to share this with the group.

"id like to apologize for both my untimely departure from the community and for concerning everyone. these events are more recent and not necessarily recurring, but they have taken their toll and im afraid ive been over-reliant on the wrong things. it was not my intention to make my struggles too public, however i appreciate the overwhelming support ive gotten. an internal war rages within me daily for countless reasons, and although i have tried it is not something i believe can be resolved through professional avenues. rather, it is something i must find for myself - a rite of passage i can only grant - and i dont think i can do that while im distracted. whether this is 'the last word' or my worst arnold impression for 'ill be back', please know that i am grately humbled to have been a part of everyone's life, even if it was as simple as a fleeting virtual moment.

-zoba "
really appreciate you relaying this.

I relayed my thoughts to zoba on the thread he made a little while ago, and he may well still be reading it if anyone else feels like leaving some words there.

ocean

Banned
I think I might start using Eye of Sol instead of Praedyth's for non-elimination game types. I'm not sure it has the impact to one shot a reviving player. Otherwise I'd use it all the time.
Sadly, it won't shoot through revive shields. It's perfect other than that's a its stability though, I need one :(

High RoF, crazy aim assist, looks killer, the best sights and great perks.

I swear Wolves has been good to me in terms of drops so far, i'm actually down to like 3 empty bank slots. Bungie really needs to increase the vault size again, there isn't a real reason for it to be so limited.

I ended up getting a 'Hard light' last night as well, though, i'm not sure what to make of it. Insane fire rate and ultra fast reload, but like, crap impact and range. Wondering if it gets any better when fully upgraded.

Nah it ain't bad. Saw it once through out the whole weekend and usually from players that aren't very good at PvP. Just stay away from the swarm grenades.
Gotch yah.

I swear Wolves has been good to me in terms of drops so far, i'm actually down to like 3 empty bank slots. Bungie really needs to increase the vault size again, there isn't a real reason for it to be so limited.

I ended up getting a 'Hard light' last night as well, though, i'm not sure what to make of it. Insane fire rate and ultra fast reload, but like, crap impact and range. Wondering if it gets any better when fully upgraded.
Hard light sucks. Tho it can shoot through Titan Bubbles.

XenoRaven

Zelda Wii U is confirmed to not be at e3 I believe. nintendo is focusing on games they are planning to release this year and their mobile games.
Aww boo. I guess we've seen all we really need to see. I hope the game isn't going through hard times though.

And if it's focused on games this year then I doubt there will be a Metroid announcement. Best to just get that disappointment out of the way now. Not that I thought the chances were very high.

Dave_6

"id like to apologize for both my untimely departure from the community and for concerning everyone. these events are more recent and not necessarily recurring, but they have taken their toll and im afraid ive been over-reliant on the wrong things. it was not my intention to make my struggles too public, however i appreciate the overwhelming support ive gotten. an internal war rages within me daily for countless reasons, and although i have tried it is not something i believe can be resolved through professional avenues. rather, it is something i must find for myself - a rite of passage i can only grant - and i dont think i can do that while im distracted. whether this is 'the last word' or my worst arnold impression for 'ill be back', please know that i am grately humbled to have been a part of everyone's life, even if it was as simple as a fleeting virtual moment.

-zoba "

I wish you the best Zoba! Me and the rest of DGAF are here if you need us!

Ran into a team of a 28, 27, and 25 in trials earlier. I thought they were trolling us at first, but nope!

I guess it's not a bad way to try and pick up level 36 gear if you're still rocking blues.

Just when we thought they were messing with us, I looked at their grimoire score lol. Easiest match of Trials yet! Thanks to you and Spyder for the Trials runs and the 34 PoE! I at least got the ToO helmets for my Warlock and Titan this weekend so I can't complain.

XenoRaven

Hard Light is like the best worst gun. Makes a cool noise, has cool looking projectiles, a cool looking sight, and it's absolutely terrible.

Haybro

could they damage you? with level advantages enabled they should have been barely hurting you guys.

I don't think any of us died the entire match, they were doing minor damage. They were dropping really quick though.

Did you check their gear after the match started? A lot of teams do this at start/loading but switch when match begins.

Yeah, that's what we thought too, but they stayed low level the entire time.

Would you wanna run ToO again? I'd like to try and get to 5 wins for the Warlock helmet.

I'd run it on my hunter if you want. Just need to run one more daily crucible for coins first.

I'll be available around then for a fact. We must now start accepting interviews for a weekly trials team.

Applications are open. One needed for a random day of the week Trials team. We will suck for as long as it takes to git gud. Good attitude required

Awesome K/D and ability to teach the ways of PvP
- or carry -
a plus.

Any opinions on the Exodus plan RS/1 Rocker launcher? Looks nice. And the perks are nice.

Need a legendary rocket launcher. Having trouble getting drops for them.

PuMa

Any opinions on the Exodus plan RS/1 Rocker launcher? Looks nice. And the perks are nice.

Need a legendary rocket launcher. Having trouble getting drops for them.
It's great! Doesn't have the blast radius of an ash factory or radegast, but you can't beat it for a stock item.

noomi

Big thanks to Rubenov and Young Gunner!

Hooooly crap, that was probably the most insane trials run I've ever done. These guys were so fast haha, so aggressive, and it worked beautifully.

Thanks again!

-zoba "
i only got to play with you a couple times, and though i don't know you nearly as well as i'd like, i'll be praying for you through these trials (no pun intended) that you are encountering on your path in this life.
God bless, Zoba. don't be a stranger.

M3Rocket

-zoba "

I will remember you in my prayers. Be safe and Godspeed. We look forward to your triumphant return.

Even though I didn't like the map, we had some fun
laggy
moments. Helmets were obtained by a lot of people, a good lot of gold packages and some Mercury runs.
Thanks to everyone who joined, definitely had some fun. Also for the ones who know me as a Thorn user, I've switched to TLW and have been wrecking balling :) It sure takes some time to learn and appreciate the usage of this gun.

-zoba "

Thanks for relaying this message.! Never had the honor to play with Zoba/Twilight, but he came across like an awesome guy and definitely a pillar of this community.
I've not been around for long, but always enjoyed the guides & tips and I hope we can enjoy them again in the future. I'm not going to give advice, as it is already hard for him, I just hope he figures it out!

TheOddOne

-zoba "
Hope it all works out for you, Zoba.

Much love <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom