• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT24| Dances with Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Did my first strike today (level 22) and I have to say, it wasn't very enjoyable. The boss just took forever and was an absolute bullet sponge, the fight wasn't interesting or challenging, it was just long. Are they all like this?

Shito

http://youtu.be/ZVfvSib3-aA

Wow. Datto thinks the best parts of the HoW progression system are its biggest problems. He wants Bungie to get rid of the "ascension thing" so that people will be more excited about the new loot. He ends the video with "please don't hate me" lol.
The ascension thing is a very good and clever mechanism.
Bungie has been WAY too generous on etheric lights, though, they should have made it so we could only get one or two max per week.

Has anybody got a link to the DestinyGAF E3 Twitch chat?

Here for the stream:

http://www.twitch.tv/twitch

You need an invite for the chat tho.

Did my first strike today (level 22) and I have to say, it wasn't very enjoyable. The boss just took forever and was an absolute bullet sponge, the fight wasn't interesting or challenging, it was just long. Are they all like this?

Were you with randoms? It's usually not fun with randoms.

The ascension thing is a very good and clever mechanism.
Bungie has been WAY too generous on etheric lights, though, they should have made it so we could only get one or two max per week.

Friendly reminder that we here are pretty much the 1% as far as equipment availability goes.

Wow. Datto thinks the best parts of the HoW progression system are its biggest problems. He wants Bungie to get rid of the "ascension thing" so that people will be more excited about the new loot. He ends the video with "please don't hate me" lol.

Hell no.

I'm excited about getting new loot but at the same time I like actually having a little bit of control on how/what I level and what to upgrade.

If I'm having a bitch of a time getting specific boots to lift my light level I like that I can boost the ones I have until I get the ones I want so that I'm not missing out on anything

gunawi

Congrats 9-0 Mercury to...

Fig
Gunawi

You two deserved... really nice runs... some tense comebacks... one loose.

At the end I started to train some new sniper skills... loved it.

PS. If I had the mercy :D but I already got to Mercury sometimes and I got the last helmet I wanted.
Thanks for the run thomaz and fig. Too bad you didn't have enough coin to get the boons. Definitely up for one more run with my Titan with you guys if interested later tonight.

Datto's opinions on the game in general are really not that interesting. He has a very particular outlook that just doesn't really jive with me.

We would be excited about the new loot if Bungie managed to make it better than the old loot. Ascending gear with etheric light is my only motivation to run Prison of Elders.

noomi

Only Trials weapon I haven't got so far is the shotgun, but it's worthless to me.

Need that solar Jewel, but I will settle for a Six Dreg Pride at this stage.

Same here fig.... same here. Any solar hand cannon will do

Haybro_

Would love an invite!

How do I get an invite. My Twitch I'd is Blakester19.

Invite me to chat please

Nooblet16

I am all over new Gears of War when that inevitably gets shown. :p

Sent invites! :D

Does anyone have Gatekeeper CP?

I want to do Zoba's weapon part farming method before Brother Vance stops selling to me tomorrow.

I also have Crota HM CP if anyone is up for a quick (hopefully) kill.

raindoc

This goes from most likely to most suprising/wtf-worthy.

Easy Mode:
We're getting new subclasses

Normal Mode:
Gravity Bow (Hunter), Arc Storm (Warlock), Flaming Hammer (Titan)

Heroic Mode:
3 new Weapon types. 1 New Primary, Sidearms fully realized, Heavy "Ripple Laser" weapon.

Nightfall Mode:
Reach Space Battles are coming to Destiny

All text based rumors. No media to really confirm anything.

Now you got me hyped.

ich00

We would be excited about the new loot if Bungie managed to make it better than the old loot. Ascending gear with etheric light is my only motivation to run Prison of Elders.

This is exactly how I feel. I've only kept a few new weapons and mainly because you can reroll the perks, it makes them interresting to me. I have no reason to get rid of a lot of older gear and would rather spend the etheric light to upgrade them.

ocean

Banned
This is exactly how I feel. I've only kept a few new weapons and mainly because you can reroll the perks, it makes them interresting to me. I have no reason to get rid of a lot of older gear and would rather spend the etheric light to upgrade them.
Rocket Launchers, Machine Guns, Shotguns, Fusion Rifles, Auto Rifles, Snipers and Pulse Rifles are now open to a million perk roll combinations that outclass our old stuff unless you got lucky before with a 1/1000 roll.

Hand Cannons are a special case because Fatebringer was already perfect and can't be improved upon. Similarly, with scouts the best you can do is get a Vision of Confluence with no element.

For everything else you can now find the archetype you want and then roll it to your taste. Ascending is neat but I don't feel it negates the value of the new re rollable stuff.

Trakan

Ran into a team teabagging us in Trials this weekend, so Rubenov had to get some revenge.

WarmheartedAdventurousGerbil.gif

Agent

Patch Notes: https://www.bungie.net/en/News/News?aid=13033

1.2.0.3 - The one about Skolas

Perks
'Ashes to Assets’ and ‘Quintessence Transfer’ can now no longer be stacked (they now have cool-downs that can only be used every 10 seconds)

Prison of Elders
-Fixed a bug where players cannot pick up a quest from Variks to continue the Elder Cipher chain
-Adjusted difficulty of Level 35 Skolas Challenge Mode
--Burn Skulls are now replaced by non-elemental skulls
--Skolas' health reduced (from 27000 to 15000) to compensate for lack of burn skulls
--Reinforcement spawns are now based on Skolas’ health instead of a timer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom