• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT24| Dances with Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did I imagine a 5:40 PM Bungie press conference scheduled for today?

As much as I'd love it, I can't see an expansion taking up a spot in Sony's conference, but maybe there's something really wild about it.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
The solar horn take about 10-11k damage from Skolas.

Remember the 300% is just about the main rocket damage... not the wolfpacks (I need more tests to be sure).

We can kill Skolas 270k with about 30-32 horns (left 4 of 14 for each player).
you're mixing up Burns and WoL...

Mindlog

It's a trade off.

Trading a terrible grenade for more super energy.

Personally, I'd rather have a useful grenade. I get a lot more kills with them than I do supers.
Not a trade off. They basically nerfed Ashes into the ground.
In the old system landing a great Tripwire would give you a big super boost.
Now it doesn't matter how many enemies the Tripwire kills as it will always give you the same boost. What they needed to do was prevent swarmer co-kills from counting as enemy kills. When swarmers kill each other it triggers Ashes. However, when swarmers kill each other the bounty does not consider it an enemy killed. There is a system in place to define kill sources, but it wasn't being applied to the swarms.

Now it doesn't matter how many enemies the Tripwire kills as it will always give you the same boost. What they needed to do was prevent swarmer co-kills from counting as enemy kills. When swarmers kill each other it triggers Ashes. However, when swarmers kill each other the bounty does not consider it an enemy killed. There is a system in place to define kill sources, but it wasn't being applied to the swarms.

Bungie is awful at fixing things, they just remove or nerf it to hell instead of trying to rebalance.

How did they need it exactly? The patch notes jut say it no longer stacks with another armor perk.

Rubenov

Ran into a team teabagging us in Trials this weekend, so Rubenov had to get some revenge.

Haha.

I'm not one to teabag anyone first, but in this case I can fight fire with fire.

The ones that get on my nerves are those who kill you once after you've killed them 10 times and yet they proceed to teabag you like crazy.

M3Rocket

I've burned 80 trying to get a perfect Ash Factory. Best I've had so far is perfect velocity and blast radius boosts + proximity detonation.... but no Tripod (speed reload instead). Need moar.

They should revamp the re-rolls to allow you to "lock" certain perk columns once you get what you want on them. Charge the same for re-rolling the other unlocked perks. But of course, they won't do that since I believe part of the reason for the rolls is to drain some of the many forms of currency from the economy. I think they might have misjudged the whole "Weapon Parts" shortage though.

Mindlog

How did they need it exactly? The patch notes jut say it no longer stacks with another armor perk.
Once Ashes is triggered it goes into cooldown. That means that after the very first kill you get no additional boost.

Technically this is a very easy way to fix the problem, but I hope a more comprehensive solution is coming. In the very niche cases where your grenade killed more than one enemy at a time you will no longer get credit for that effectiveness.

Swarm grenades will still almost always trigger Ashes, but the boost is very small because of the aforementioned cooldown.

Bungie is awful at fixing things, they just remove or nerf it to hell instead of trying to rebalance.

This is what always happens in PVP-oriented games.

In Dark Souls II, the Ruler's Sword was king. It was super hard to get, and required 1,000,000 souls on you to work properly. But too many people complained about it, so they nerfed it down to ashes. Was useless after that.

The only thing From would never touch was/is katanas. Makes sense that Japanese designers would be more loyal to their samurai sword. Sort of like American designers making pistols OP in the Crucible.

I guess I need to run the remaining 32 PoE.

Edit: I actually saved one, my beloved hunter will get to use it. Titan and warlock must work for it.

ocean

Banned
They should revamp the re-rolls to allow you to "lock" certain perk columns once you get what you want on them. Charge the same for re-rolling the other unlocked perks. But of course, they won't do that since I believe part of the reason for the rolls is to drain some of the many forms of currency from the economy. I think they might have misjudged the whole "Weapon Parts" shortage though.

I'd pay 10 motes to lock a bubble and keep re rolling. Hell I'd pay 20.

Once Ashes is triggered it goes into cooldown. That means that after the very first kill you get no additional boost.

Technically this is a very easy way to fix the problem, but I hope a more comprehensive solution is coming. In the very niche cases where your grenade killed more than one enemy at a time you will no longer get credit for that effectiveness.

Swarm grenades will still almost always trigger Ashes, but the boost is very small because of the aforementioned cooldown.

And how does this negatively impact trip mines?

Team second try on the new Skolas! We ended up still using 3 Gjallerhorns to bring him down as far as breaking the servitor bonds. Then it came down to rotating around the map and taking shots whenever possible. Found it far easier than pre-patch.

Have elder ciphers on all 3 characters now!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
What does the machine gun have now? Dreg Burn?
Bonus damage to fallen. Others (which were perfect) have stayed. That's good enough for me to scrap this one and buy another.

Was going to already anyway, but now I really need to run a quick 34. Looking for 2 to start right away.
And how does this negatively impact trip mines?
If you get more than one kill with the tripmine you don't get super energy credit for all of them.

Bonus damage to fallen. Others (which were perfect) have stayed. That's good enough for me to scrap this one and buy another.

Was going to already anyway, but now I really need to run a quick 34. Looking for 2 to start right away.

If you get more than one kill with the tripmine you don't get super energy credit for all of them.
I'm down to run a 34. Need points for this cipher.
PSN - EyelessOrphan

I'm in for PoE 34.
PSN: Mammont

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom