• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whats with the lack of weapon power from the air? is it designed to stop hoppers?

Lars Bakken said circa June 2014 that they wanted you to make a tradeoff between accuracy and mobility. This is probably in response to Halo Reach where people retained all of their accuracy while Jetpacking, which nearly broke the game.

Of course, the tradeoff isn't really there because you don't have much of any accuracy in the air unless you're using a Hand Cannon.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
Dat new Hand Cannon range...

eYWoKcV.gif

DjRalford

Wondering if anyone can help........

For the past few weeks none of my friends can join my fireteam. I have to send them an invite before they can join. It was absolutely fine since launch and I havent changed any settings.

There is some instructions on the Bungie website that I have followed (Xbox dash > Friends > My Profile > Join In > Destiny > Change setting to Set to joinable) but that hasnt helped.

My Xbox tells me my NAT is open.

Completely stumped with this and its becoming very annoying.

Any ideas?

I can't remember if there is an option in the game setting for fireteam defaults, if there is yours may have changed to invite only so would be worth checking your settings in game and setting back to open

It should work. Don't you have the little earbud that came with the PS4?

Don't worry about it, though its a bit difficult to see what your doing/get you to join with no mic. Do you not have the pack in ear piece or iPhone earbuds? They work just fine

I'll try to get you through one tomorrow, if I know you have no mic from the start it will be easier

My non-Apple earbuds with a mic do, so I'm guessing yes.

I heard the old ones work, but the new ones you get with an iphone 6 don't work,don't know if this is true, never tested it

Afaik it does, yes.

Even now VoG, CE and PoE being in farm and something "vets" rolfstomp through with 1-2 newbies in tow they still require some communications via VOIP. Also don't stress too much about being first timer, we all started raiding from that point.

I got the old iPhone earbud

looking the the PS4 pack-in

thanks guys

jiiikoo

Banned
I got the old iPhone earbud

looking the the PS4 pack-in

thanks guys

No problem. And the few times I have raided with gaffers, I haven't had access to a headset, and I've done okay. The very first time doing VoG I almost cried because I didn't have a clue what to do, but I learned my lesson and watched other people playing CE before trying it for myself. Knew pretty well what to do and just listened to instructions other's were yelling over VOIP. Wen't well, at least I think so.

Tovarisc

No problem. And the few times I have raided with gaffers, I haven't had access to a headset, and I've done okay. The very first time doing VoG I almost cried because I didn't have a clue what to do, but I learned my lesson and watched other people playing CE before trying it for myself. Knew pretty well what to do and just listened to instructions other's were yelling over VOIP. Wen't well, at least I think so.

If loot was had it went brilliantly :D

xir

Likely to be eaten by a grue
Any Skolas sherpas? Only thing I need for the moments of triumph. Gotten close a few times, but no dice.

PS4 btw

ocean

Banned
Are we looking at the same stats? You mean High-Impact right? Low-impact HCs have the fastest TTK of all HCs.
I'm sorry I meant high impact ones

They're hard to use because of how slow they are. Pulse Rifles are different: low impact ones are the hard ones.

In Pulse, this difficulty is offset by a theoretical TRK advantage, whereas HCs are weapons where the slower they get, the slower they kill with zero benefit to offset the increasing difficulty (unlike pulse, they're slower but require the same amount of hits as the faster ones so there's no advantage to the slow ones)

Deku Tree

This thread is reaching a new PvP meta pre TTK low point in the Hawk sine curve.

I've been on a Destiny break myself. Can't wait for Tuesday.

tried to watch an IGN guide video on the raids

do you have any recommendations for good ones?

DjRalford

I just cannot get on with pulse rifles in the crucible, specifically Bad JuJu at the moment, i can track with a scout and hit decent shots every time, i can track with a suros due to its slow fire, i can spray with a high ROF AR and at least hit the target with every shot. But pulses i just cannot stay with a moving target so all shots land.

What is wrong with me.

neoism

wQAWIr2.jpg
rSNxqPa.jpg

3VF-LGC-RLX

Cool.

I've also been made aware of a large number of my Strange Coins gone missing and something around 2400 new Heavy Ammo Synths in my inventories. I will find the culprit.

waitwait... is that a code for that emblem because it looks dope..

omg thanks mang this emblem looks awesome just got it...<3

Trace

Banned
I just cannot get on with pulse rifles in the crucible, specifically Bad JuJu at the moment, i can track with a scout and hit decent shots every time, i can track with a suros due to its slow fire, i can spray with a high ROF AR and at least hit the target with every shot. But pulses i just cannot stay with a moving target so all shots land.

What is wrong with me.

You know Bad Juju is full-auto right?

Pulse Rifles would be ever so slightly more attract to me if they didn't sound like nails on chalk board. Stranger's Rifle is the only one I really care for.

ocean

Banned

What is wrong with me.
FoV on PRs is gross

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled

What is wrong with me.

Well...

Base Stability reduced slightly. Landing consistent precision shots require more weapon control

todd360

All this talk about old meta, new meta. Seems like the talk is treating this game like a business or something.

Its getting depressing, really.

I agree. I don't see why we can't just calm down and wait for Tuesday. There is no faith for the new weapons at all here.

They have already said that they want us to play with new toys. So I'm pretty confident that they are going to deliver. They know that no one is going to use new guns in regular crucible if it they aren't better than what we have now. I think the new patch was designed around the new guns first and foremost. Therefore it wouldn't be a stretch to say that new hand cannons are hit less hard by the patch for example. I'm taking the wait and see approach and I think everyone else here should consider doing the same. Who wants to use the same guns for more than a year in a loot game anyways?

Vey well put and pretty much how I feel about it all, I had one night at it and gave up after rotating through practically every gun I have.

I'm hoping come new weapons dropping we may seem some method in the madness but from Laars comments about not sweating crucible and just have fun to Lukes (i think?) comments about having ages of weapon types I don't hold out much hope

And I'm still salty about the Hopscotch nerf

If you use the disc to install you will have to play from the disc, your better off downloading from your library, but that means the base game and the massive patch, so it'll take a while.

If you ordered the expansion on PSN, if you want both of you to have the year one rewards you'll have to buy the digital pack when it becomes available for you, and give the whole CE away so they get the rewards also.

ok so if I understand this correctly this is what your saying:

1:The PSN version of the TKK that I have preordered I can use that one AND use the CODE inside the CE edition to get the rewards for CE and the year one rewards?

2: I give the CE disc to my brother who is on a SECONDARY account on another PS4. He will get his year one rewards but not the CE rewards as I have already used that code for the CE goodies?

3: TTK CE Disc does that have the entire 2.0 patch etc on it? I do NOT want to re-download anything as I want to play this game ASAP on launch on my new limited ed PS4, as my damn Limited edition PS4 will come on the same damn day as TKK. No time to download anything.

Trace

Banned
I agree. I don't see why we can't just calm down and wait for Tuesday. There is no faith for the new weapons at all here.

They have already said that they want us to play with new toys. So I'm pretty confident that they are going to deliver. They know that no one is going to use new guns in regular crucible if it they aren't better than what we have now. I think the new patch was designed around the new guns first and foremost. Therefore it wouldn't be a stretch to say that new hand cannons are hit less hard by the patch for example. I'm taking the wait and see approach and I think everyone else here should consider doing the same. Who wants to use the same guns for more than a year in a loot game anyways?

I think I said something similar earlier. I'm definitely wary of judging this patch based on this week, it was made to wreck the current meta weapons and open up stuff for new TTK weapons.

Well look at how the Special weapons do it:

low impact sniper rifles can double body tap or kill a lot of enemies in quick succession
high impact sniper rifles can revive snipe and snipe through supers, but require more precision

low impact shotguns have a faster rate of fire
high impact shotguns are slow

low impact fusion rifles have faster charge times
high impact fusion rifles have slower charge times

They all have tradeoffs. If there's no reason to use a weapon tier outside of its sweetspot, then it may as well not exist. Bungie's just making a bunch of junk weapons at that point.

I think we're pretty much saying the same thing.

The day this turns into a teamshooting game is the day I'm done. If I wanted teamshooting I'd play Halo. You can't have a teamshooting game when there are a million OHK abilities in the game.
Broheim I legit feel like that day of team-shooting apocalypse is here. We'll see for sure when ToO comes back.

Tovarisc

tried to watch an IGN guide video on the raids

do you have any recommendations for good ones?

Usually best play is just to tell rest of the team you are first timer. If they are worth of their salt they will break down encounter for you before encounter is started, there really isn't one that can't be explained before it starts.

That said with quick skim this seemed okey; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlQ3cuZ9VaE and has CE in description too. Still tactics to do encounters change from group to group.

Always ask how "How we are going to do this?" if with new people!

Haha, true. I just meant that at least to me, it didn't feel like I was holding the team back because of not having a mic.

If most of the team is on coms and one without mic executes his role it gets done. When I had regular group and we were farming VoG most of the time you could maybe hear 2-3 people talk (excluding death announcements) because rest just did pre-determined roles that they were told to do.

Trace

Banned

1:The PSN version of the TKK that I have preordered I can use that one AND use the CODE inside the CE edition to get the rewards for CE and the year one rewards?

2: I give the CE disc to my brother who is on a SECONDARY account on another PS4. He will get his year one rewards but not the CE rewards as I have already used that code for the CE goodies?

3: TTK CE Disc does that have the entire 2.0 patch etc on it? I do NOT want to re-download anything as I want to play this game ASAP on launch, as my damn Limited edition PS4 will come on the same damn day as TKK. No time to download anything.

1: Year One stuff was done on August 31st, you cannot get those anymore.

2: Refer to 1.

3: TTK CE Disc is the same vanilla Destiny disc, it does not include any patches on it. TTK will need to be downloaded, as well as TDB and HoW.

Gold_Loot

What is wrong with me.
Absolutely nothing sir. Everyone has thier strengths. Pulse rifles are simply not for you maybe? Ever try doing some pve bounties, or strikes with one to get you more comfortable with one?

DjRalford

3: TTK CE Disc does that have the entire 2.0 patch etc on it? I do NOT want to re-download anything as I want to play this game ASAP on launch, as my damn Limited edition PS4 will come on the same damn day as TKK. No time to download anything.

I think the disk just contains vanilla destiny, although im not 100%

jiiikoo

Banned
If most of the team is on coms and one without mic executes his role it gets done. When I had regular group and we were farming VoG most of the time you could maybe hear 2-3 people talk (excluding death announcements) because rest just did pre-determined roles that they were told to do.

True. And from my experience, the people on here are very helpful. At least the one's i've played with have been.

1: Year One stuff was done on August 31st, you cannot get those anymore.

2: Refer to 1.

3: TTK CE Disc is the same vanilla Destiny disc, it does not include any patches on it. TTK will need to be downloaded, as well as TDB and HoW.

1: ok so if I Cancel my digital preorder on PSN for Taken king now and use the CE disc that I will get within the Limited edition PS4 on my OLD PS4 that already have the patch downloaded too, will I still get the year one stuff? I guess so yeah? seems I need to PLAY the taken king before 16th to be eligible for the year one stuff

I am calm. I simply said I'm not having as much fun as I used to. Maybe I will find a new gun that works for me, but that doesn't mean I can't talk about how I feel right now.

Trace

Banned
1: ok so if I Cancel my digital preorder on PSN for Taken king now and use the CE disc that I will get within the Limited edition PS4 on my OLD PS4 that already have the patch downloaded too, will I still get the year one stuff? I guess so yeah? seems I need to PLAY the taken king before 16th to be eligible for the year one stuff

The account needed to own TDB + HoW OR have a level 30 character before August 31 to be eligible for Year One rewards. That account needs to play The Taken King before Feb 1 2016 to get the rewards.

todd360

Isn't it dangerous to try and cancel a psn preorder? Sony is werid about that shit. You payed for stuff you haven't even got yet and it's like your trying to return it to the store in a broken condition.

Never preorder something from psn unless absolutely sure you want it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom