• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyoufu

That's 40+ rank ups, you should record it and share with the world if you don't get a ship :D

Yeah I'll probably record it just to see what kind of stuff to expect from packages on day one.

I'm hoping for ships, shaders and the set of faction gear/weapons to bump my Light level for the Heroic playlists.

Here's that gif I needed to make from earlier today.
ov6HWG2.gif

xir

Likely to be eaten by a grue
finally took down Skolas with 2 random guys. haha, stupid emblem is mine.

i hope ten years from now they reveal that emblems gave passive buffs.
deej better give stats on how many triumph emblems were given out

kamicowzi

Banned
2 spots for normal crota kill. Psn is the same the same as my gaf name

P.s if you are in the Psn 3.0 beta and would like to join the dgaf community, let me know. As of now fully accepting anyone but once it goes live, getting rid of any username that did not confirm their Psn name with their gaf name.
I would like to join. kamicowzi is my PSN and GAF name.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
finally took down Skolas with 2 random guys. haha, stupid emblem is mine.

i hope ten years from now they reveal that emblems gave passive buffs.
deej better give stats on how many triumph emblems were given out

I can't believe people were trying for these emblems. Seems like such a waste of time, but then again, I always thought achievements in general were a waste of time :p

Magik

DGAF Raid Group #?
Time: When it releases and beyond?

GAF Name - PSN Name

Magik - x_Magik_ox
ocean - a_javierp
Falifax - ?
Sentinalprimus - ?
HTVfanatic - ?

Not sure who would be the 6th.

Haven't jumped into Destiny since the update.

Is etheric light still around at all? Or has it just been scrubbed as a resource altogether?

I heard from buddies that auto rifles are actually kind of fun to use again, and I while I have my Suros and Hard Light, I figured I might run lvl 34 PoE a few times for the etheric light and try out a maxed Crota auto (whatever it's called) and the Vanquisher VIII.

ocean

Banned
I can't believe people were trying for these emblems. Seems like such a waste of time, but then again, I always thought achievements in general were a waste of time :p

I like the concept of achievement-based tokens you can see in-game. But this particular Triumphs thing was so easy that it'll be too widespread and thus meaningless, like Raid shaders 5 days after a Raid drops.

They really should have special stuff for top tier players. It'd be a nice acknowledgement of above-average skill.

neoism

Pause and unpause.
Do that a few times until it shows a more reasonable download time.
If it starts getting into the 24 hour range again, do the pause unpause trick again.

yeah i know all the downloading tricks but im just put it in rest mode until tomorrow morning... even though rest mode fucking suuucks.. if its not done in the morning. ima throw it out du window.. :p

xir

Likely to be eaten by a grue

oh, i totally agree with you, but when it's the onnnnnnly thing left to do...

ocean

Banned
DGAF Raid Group #?
Time: When it releases and beyond?

GAF Name - PSN Name

Magik - x_Magik_ox
ocean - a_javierp
Falifax - ?
Sentinalprimus - ?
HTVfanatic - ?

Not sure who would be the 6th.

It comes out on Friday at the "late" reset (Trials/Iron Banner) time.

P.s if you are in the Psn 3.0 beta and would like to join the dgaf community, let me know. As of now fully accepting anyone but once it goes live, getting rid of any username that did not confirm their Psn name with their gaf name.

Could I get an invite to the DGAF community? PSN: SoullessSHOES, GAF is thoseAREmySHOES

Bought 6 cans of Red Bull. 5 codes were already redeemed.

I submitted the issue from their website with a pic of each tab. Anyone had any success or quick turn around getting this resolved?
Quick turn around? Absolutely not. I'm so mad, the only reason I bought these dumb cans of poison was for the focused light by the 15th. Thanks, red bull.

SpecX

Sucks I wanted to do the raid upon release, but we have a family trip planned this weekend that was setup months ago. Why didnt this release last week!?

DGAF Raid Group: Scrotus Lore Boys
Time: 18th 10am PT

GAF Name - PSN Name

Magik - x_Magik_ox
ocean - a_javierp
Falifax - Falifax
Sentinalprimus - Sentinalprimus
HTVfanatic - HTVfanatic
X-Frame - X-Frame

I made a PSN group message. Everyone is available from 10am except for HTV

Frenden

Banned
There's a new hand cannon impact archetype being introduced. It has the same RoF as Red Hand, Fulcrum, Fatebringer, and Jewel, but with a few points of additional impact.

There are only two of them, FWC has one and Omolon has the other.

Same RoF as the current mid tier HCs, but more impact than them. Still less impact than a Lash-class HC, though.

Weird.

There's a new hand cannon impact archetype being introduced. It has the same RoF as Red Hand, Fulcrum, Fatebringer, and Jewel, but with a few points of additional impact.

Same RoF as the current mid tier HCs, but more impact than them. Still less impact than a Lash-class HC, though.

Weird.

Hmm. Sounds like it will probably be a 3 shot kill so long as one is a headshot.

Messiek

I'll make our raid group organized too.

DGAF Raid Group Fun Team
Time: 18th 10am PT ?!

1. Devilsadvocat
2. Commish
3. Messiek

Join us for a Blind and Fun raid experience. (Y)

ocean

Banned
http://www.twitch.tv/luminosity48

Warming up for Finals in the tournament set to start in 50mins.

Both teams are undefeated so far and extremely stacked with top tier players. If Poshy doesn't get his controller to stop sprint canceling on him, Lumi and co are probably gonna win, but it will still be a great matchup.

Tovarisc

I like the concept of achievement-based tokens you can see in-game. But this particular Triumphs thing was so easy that it'll be too widespread and thus meaningless, like Raid shaders 5 days after a Raid drops.

They really should have special stuff for top tier players. It'd be a nice acknowledgement of above-average skill.

I think you are still way, way overestimating commitment level of most of Destiny players and how many actually have done Triumph.

IronRinn

2 spots for normal crota kill. Psn is the same the same as my gaf name

I would like to join. PSN username is the same as my GAF username. Thanks!

ocean

Banned

Weird.

Basically a Hawkmoon archetype. It will live or die by the base stability and range they get, and with the way HCs look to be performing I'm wary of expecting anything good

Seriously, I'm having a hard time thinking of a better OT I've seen. Absolutely perfect. You should do web design for a living (assuming you don't already do...)

Thanks, but I'm sure there have been more substantial OTs over the years, and they deserve credit for completing it on time, lol. I'm glad I didn't rush it though because the Metal Gear OT inspired me to redo mine.

I don't have any professional graphic design experience, but I've been doing this kind of thing since 2013. I guess that adds up.

Bungie did a superb job with the game's UI, so all I had to do was learn their patterns and how to replicate it. I assume David Candland is still their UI dude - mad props to him.

I'm trying to get the Fixer cloak that Cayde-6 has on sale, but I'm out of bounties and that seems to be the only way to rank up the Vanguard. I hope it remains in his inventory after TTK is released on Tuesday.

I'm guessing the amount of people that completed all triumphs will be far less than most people think.

ocean

Banned
I think you are still way, way overestimating commitment level of most of Destiny players and how many actually have done Triumph.

Depends on what group you're talking about. Like if you open the PSN Trophies list, I think over half the player base has never even fully upgraded a Legendary. Tons of people quit out early, or only play hyper occasionally.

But anybody who has played semi regularly in the past few months probably had these things (except for Skolas, hence the Drizzay rush) before the challenge even launched.

And it's great that they are giving something that requires commitment but still remains attainable for anyone! But this is mostly a test of how much you've played, not how good you are. It makes sense. I'm not saying they should change it, it's well designed.

What I meant was, I wish there was something which rewarded actual skill and not hours played. I've played this over 1,000 hours but am a strictly average (1.0 - 1.5 K/D, ~55 win%) PvP player. There should be emblems or shaders for people who are actually good at PvP, stuff I can't get even if I've played more than they potentially have.

Like 75 win% or 2.0 K/D at 1,000+ matches or something. An actual trophy that denotes skill. Or for people like Drizz, a number of Raid/Trials carries. Whatever. It's not really important, but it'd be nice if skill were visibly rewarded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom