• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.

Afrocious

Whats PvE?

Dam Son

Arrrammis

Hats off to anybody who finished Path of the Voidwalker quest. I can't make it happen playing the game normally....
Same. For the orb part, I just loaded up the weekly and sparrowed over to the steppes and farmed the 3 hive majors for my orb kills, then met my fireteam as they were fighting the fallen outside.

Tovarisc

Hats off to anybody who finished Path of the Voidwalker quest. I can't make it happen playing the game normally....

Only hard part is 3x 7 orbs in single strike, but that is doable in The Undying Mind on those steps with a lots of elite spawns. Then it may get tricky is 2 other players are also after that phase of their quests.

One of the reasons Destiny PvP is stupid. Pretty sure that Blink has immunity frames so that if you time your jumps perfectly then you don't get hit by the rocket.

The i in i-frames is invincibility although it means basically the same thing of course.

I know the blink activation was slowed by 0.07 seconds but not sure if they reduced I-frames or not. They also slowed weapon readiness out of blink from what I've been told by blink shotgunners.

Kyoufu

Watching that Lumi guy blink shotgun. Yeah, boring.

I'll be happy when Shotguns are nerfed in PVP again. They're still overpowered and basically act as primaries for a lot of players.

void666

Banned
You need high velocity on rockets if you wanna use them in PvP, otherwise they're rather easy to evade. Specially now that proximity has finally been nerfed. It makes rockets not instakills, which is a good thing.

It's an ash factory. Maxed blast radius and i'm pretty sure it had really high speed with javelin. Did they nerf javelin?

Anyway, guy dodged 4 rockets.

xir

Likely to be eaten by a grue
man, i don't really care all that much about emblems but I'm really digging Little Light.

EL CUCO

Watching that Lumi guy blink shotgun. Yeah, boring.

I'll be happy when Shotguns are nerfed in PVP again. They're still overpowered and basically act as primaries for a lot of players.
You could watch Triplewreck's stream. I think he's running Gunslinger

Explaining to my friend who doesn't play destiny what shot package shotguns are, and he suggested make it so that the reduced spread only takes effect after being in ads for a certain time. What do you think of that?

ocean

Banned
Explaining to my friend who doesn't play destiny what shot package shotguns are, and he suggested make it so that the reduced spread only takes effect after being in ads for a certain time. What do you think of that?

You might as well delete the perk from the game, if you're close enough to use a shotgun you don't have time to hardscope.

Shot Package isn't a problem. The Felwinter's archetype is. It needs to go, it makes no sense. Garbage in PvE, breaks PvP. Judgment should sit at the highest possible impact in the game. Anything over that is too slow in PvE and will always be a problem in PvP.

ocean

Banned
Any chance this final match will end up on Youtube somewhere? They're an hour late and still warming up, then god knows how long it'll take them to match up together. I need sleep

DjRalford

Thing with shotguns is at close range they're supposed to be lethal, its the ease of getting into range with your opponent helpless to do anything that's the issue, ie blinking into range so they cannot shoot you, blowing them away with a shotgun and blinking away again.

Edit - Ok, and there's still a couple of shotguns that can kill you from stoopid ranges

EL CUCO

Any chance this final match will end up on Youtube somewhere? They're an hour late and still warming up, then god knows how long it'll take them to match up together. I need sleep
Posh said they'd play 1 more warm up match. Hopefully matchmaking will be kind. I'm sure you could go back to watch it on Triple's archive though.

Edit: Lumi's party is hilarious.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Zoba missing the dunk. LOL.

Val just admitted his warlock is trash and he's sorry for doubting Titan overlords.

Just noticed that y1 weapons that were ascendable now require legendary marks to make that happen. Etheric light RIP.

edit hmm seems its just the strangers rifle I just picked up. never mind! etheric light still works on others.

MildSoss

You might as well delete the perk from the game, if you're close enough to use a shotgun you don't have time to hardscope.

Shot Package isn't a problem. The Felwinter's archetype is. It needs to go, it makes no sense. Garbage in PvE, breaks PvP. Judgment should sit at the highest possible impact in the game. Anything over that is too slow in PvE and will always be a problem in PvP.

They're pretty great in PvE if you roll full auto on them though.

Mindlog

Soon...

Having trouble with the last part?
Like others have said Undying Mind is your strike. Obsidian Mind is very helpful and Apotheosis Veil also helps. Bad Juju is another useful tool. When you get to the final encounter don't do any damage to the boss. When facing the main portal where enemies come in from camp the area directly to the right of where the boss spawns. Use the standard adds to build your super. Your goal is to bomb the major groups. You can spawn bomb one group. If you are greedy or if teammates aren't helping using a rocket on the other group will give you most of your super energy back and you should be able to spot 2 or 3 stray majors to get another max orb super off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom