• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome free feel to add me :) PSN is the same as my GAF name. I am around here and there...mostly there haha...Just spam the thread if you need help
actually dont spam just post :p
, quote people since it helps indicate to the person someone is interested when they are doing things such as raids, nightfalls, pvp or just playing, etc. Clans are pointless besides trophies stuff really.

Sent a request. Figured that a clan might make it easier to find people to play with, like guilds in the countless MMOs I've played over the years. Guess I won't bother if they don't. Thanks.

I'm so pumped for Tuesday. I have it off, and I'm considering going to bed straight after work tomorrow so I can wake up and just binge once TTK is release.

Daemul

Not trying to take anything away from the tournament or the players,
But winning by running away and team capping a point is totally boring.
Wish I didn't watch all that...

Wat? Speaking from my PoV here, but this sort of thinking is the reason why I've lost so many close games playing solo in Crucible, because instead of my teammates keeping their head and all going to cap the undefended point to win the game in Control or getting the res which would have given us the 50 points needed to clinch victory in Skirmish, they instead decided to play hero and lost us the match completely. It may be "boring" or whatever you want to call it, but it's much more preferable to losing the game because of someones stupidity.

Deku Tree

Wat? Speaking from my PoV here, but this sort of thinking is the reason why I've lost so many close games playing solo in Crucible, because instead of my teammates keeping their head and all going to cap the undefended point to win the game in Control or getting the res which would have given us the 50 points needed to clinch victory in Skirmish, they instead decided to play hero and lost us the match completely. It may be "boring" or whatever you want to call it, but it's much more preferable to losing the game because of someones stupidity.

Yeah within the confines of the existing control game type that is absolutely strategically what you should do.

But Here is my point of view on that:

Control shouldn't give you points for calling a point. You should get bonus points multiplier for kills sure, but giving each player standing in the zone points for capping... IDK.

It's a criticism of the game rules not the players.

Says the guy from Team Epic Sax :p

hey hey hey dont be hating and judgmental! Dont forget who your flawless VoG guide was and who help you get back in the groove of things in December of last year ;)
plus was never apart, I just got on after sleeping, told them beep bop booo and bam! Crota is dead

Kalamari

Trying to get back into Destiny on PS4, but all of my friends quit with me long ago, and I'm having trouble enjoying the game solo. PUGs just cause more frustration than anything. Leveling fresh to 34 over the past few days has been torturous, and I'm likely to give up again if I don't find some friendly people to play with.

Anyone want to be friends with a returning noob? I could also use a guild (clan?) if anyone has a spot available. I do have a mic, but tend to listen more than talk.

PSN is MadMike22089

DGAF is a threadful of friends, if you want to do a raid, PoE, NF/Weekly, or PvP, make a post and see if anyone wants to join. Although, the thread can move fast at times, so don't be discouraged if you don't receive immediate responses. Most times it takes a bit of persistence to build a raid group for instance.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I order to get people to do things some times you have to whip them. And they like it.

I make sure to keep SEXY in check.

hey hey hey dont be hating and judgmental! Dont forget who your flawless VoG guide was and who help you get back in the groove of things in December of last year ;)
plus was never apart, I just got on after sleeping, told them beep bop booo and bam! Crota is dead

hating and judgmental? who do you think i am, some unknown guy? :p

thanks idoll

Anybody got a quick checklist of things I should do before ttk to make my life easier?

Edge whichever factions you can and cap your glimmer.

Juraash

Is there a decent glimmer spot that doesn't require a raid cp? Just looking to recoup a few thousand glimmer to cap off before the expack.

Daemul

Yeah within the confines of the existing control game type that is absolutely strategically what you should do.

But Here is my point of view on that:

It's a criticism of the game rules not the players.

That change wouldn't bother me, but the current way encourages strategic play in what is meant to be an objective mode. If you get rid of points for capping points than you might as well scrap Control all together because you're just playing Clash at that point, though one could argue that that's what Control is already lol

gonna take a break. rift is exhausting.

Y'all still playing Rift? I gave up on that shit once it became a campfest lol

Got it! Glad I didn't have to type yours in. ^^ And you are a fellow female gamer? It seems like a lot of women play this game. I think the overall positivity of the Destiny community has made me feel pretty comfortable jumping in and being on the mic compared to other online games. It's very cool.

I think there is something about the look and feel of the game that appeals to women (well, a lot of us guys too, but you know what I mean^^). My wife loves to watch me play and tried a few times herself, but FPS' make her feel sick when she plays. Despite that she wanted a Destiny shirt, the socks, the glasses, and now she wants the Ghost Plushy^^ I'm glad she has taken a shine to it.

darknil

Surprised to see my most used exotic was the S U R O S R E G I M E.

I really enjoy auto rifles in pv3 disregarding nerfs, now pulse rifles had come close since HoW.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Is there a decent glimmer spot that doesn't require a raid cp? Just looking to recoup a few thousand glimmer to cap off before the expack.
The first encounter in the Exclusion Zone mission on Hard (Cabal majors, use resupply codes) is great but I think we can't currently access it since the patch (only easy or above I think?).

There's a fun loop I like to do in The Citadel on Venus patrol that is also excellent. It's a little hard to explain but basically there are these two major minotaurs up on a high platform, and then below them and to the right there's a conflux with another major minotaur and two regular minotaurs. Between them are constant waves of Goblins and hobgoblins, and lots of chest spawns. There are also two or three public events that pop up in the area. Eat a blue polyphage and go to town.

Omnigul weekly - pop black wax and ether seeds, clear first room, wipe, repeat.

Undying mind - pop polyphage and kill the majors in the final room (with the boss). After 4 sets of majors are dead, wipe and repeat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom