• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.

rNilla

SClAUrm.png

What kind of argument is this? Guys, back pedal more, you won't die as much? This guy has some serious persuasive skills.

Sure, the extent of shotgun kills have been lessened by the nerf, but it's still a problem.

The counter to shotguns is to also be a guy with a shotgun. Just make sure its a high impact one with range maximised, anything else can't compete. The thing that gets ignored is that a shotgun user can in half your TTK go from short-midrange into their shotguns effective range and kill you before you even put a dent in them. They have to be pretty freaking far for their sliding and jumping antics to not work and at that point they wouldn't be using a shotgun.

That live action trailer just cemments it in my mind that sunbreakers are going to be OP as hell. Also great trailer god damn i had chills.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Wow at these class-specific weapon perks:

> Immobius (Link) - TITAN SHOTGUN. UNIQUE PERKS: (Bouncer) Kills inside Ward of Dawn with Armor of Light do not expend ammo. (Surrounded) This weapon gains bonus damage when three or more enemies are in close proximity.
Saint-14, drop from above... Lord of Wolves... Pocket Infinity...
> Susanoo (Link) - WARLOCK FUSION RIFLE. UNIQUE PERKS: (Elemental Transfusion) Causing damage with subclass abilities will transfuse that damage type to this weapon for a period of time. (Hot Swap) Readying this weapon grants a brief period of bonus accuracy.
I don't understand how this is a Warlock fusion rifle.
> Stillpiercer (Link) - HUNTER SNIPER RIFLE. UNIQUE PERKS: (Self Spotter) Increased radar resolution when this weapon is equipped. (Perfectionist) Magazine is refunded if all shots fired are precision kills.
...I don't understand how this is a Hunter sniper rifle.

This Fulcrum is the best Hand Cannon roll I've used after the balance changes.

After Hammer Forged was nerfed, Small Bore gives it better range, stability, and reload than Hawkmoon. And it has far better Aim Assist.

COjqcjUUkAIzFq7.jpg

Ayyyy

Looks like I need to reroll my Fulcrum today.

Don't want to because I'm already sitting on a good roll, but that one looks godly.

I think I prefer one with Icarus and Hipfire though. Gotta have my Ghandi hop.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
What the fuck is this Bungie

I've played through all the story, quests and strikes over the past 2 days and not one blue armour engram has dropped. All have been weapons or bonds. I don't need any weapons since I'm fiull with Exotics and Legendary.

I can't purchase none and Legendary gear is out of my reach due to no Vanguard marks. So here I am a level 30 Warlock with an Exotic helmet (Thanks Xur) and level 16/20 shitty gear.

I've got a Treasure Key from completing the quest for Petra but that wont drop any decent armor will it? I'll do PoE 32 with my Titan for an Armor Core then let my Warlock spend it on the Kellbreakers Gloves. Then maybe find some people to do both the Raids on normal for Raid gear. :/

For real? I've still seen plenty over the last couple of days. All I've done is patrols for the new bounties and played some Rift.
Just saying that I know they are out there still. But sounds like they've turned the tap on low this week.

That sucks though. I'm around to play this week if you need a body for PoE or raids.

I was just doing some patrols on the moon and the three Fallen Dregs are still down under the surface and the door to The Shrine of Oryx was open.
You can go all the way into the Shrine now. There are some Hive hanging out but nothing special is going on there.

Yet......

ocean

Banned
This Fulcrum is the best Hand Cannon roll I've used after the balance changes.

After Hammer Forged was nerfed, Small Bore gives it better range, stability, and reload than Hawkmoon. And it has far better Aim Assist.

COjqcjUUkAIzFq7.jpg
Remember Hawkmoon with Aggressive Ballistics hits a full impact class above. Stats wise it'll look like a Fulcrum or Red Hand, but it hits for Ill Will / Timur's Damage - and that's without the 3 lucky shots.

I have this roll too and I love it btw :)

Just saying to prevent people from thinking Hawkmoon is now a regular ass HC. It's got mid tier RoF but still had impact like a low RoF HC.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Not that I don't agree with the general wtf sentiment, but what will it matter come Tuesday?

It's put me just below on completing the likes of Nightfall and the Hard Weekly for coins which I wanted to do for Xur. I'd probably have no effect on Crotas hard or Skolas since my offense and defense is too weak. It's put me in an awkward spot.

I don't understand how they haven't managed to address this yet. Even in vanilla the Blue gear was (aptly named) rare. By the time you'd see one drop, you were looking for Legendaries.

In the past month I haven't even got a purple drop or any blues which turned purple lol. Heck I've got probably got more exotics than purples this month.

Frenden

Banned
Ayyyy

Looks like I need to reroll my Fulcrum today.

Don't want to because I'm already sitting on a good roll, but that one looks godly.

I think I prefer one with Icarus and Hipfire though. Gotta have my Ghandi hop.

Totally. Rolling one for Icarus and Hipfire too. It already has high AA, so Hidden Hand is not super important. And LitC is too unreliable if you don't run Final Round and a mag reducing perk (which doesn't combo well if you're going for the Icarus/accuracy build).

So, yeah. One Mini-moon and one air-capable, accurate version coming up.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
...that trailer kicks ass. Also the weapon is
The Chaperone, a shotgun that fires a single slug
for those curious.

Juraash

It's put me just below on completing the likes of Nightfall and the Hard Weekly for coins which I wanted to do for Xur. I'd probably have no effect on Crotas hard or Skolas since my offense and defense is too weak. It's put me in an awkward spot.

In the past month I haven't even got a purple drop or any blues which turned purple lol. Heck I've got probably got 8x more exotics than purples this month.

I totally forgot about that stuff even though I've done it this week. Totally fair point.

Frenden

Banned
Remember Hawkmoon with Aggressive Ballistics hits a full impact class above. Stats wise it'll look like a Fulcrum or Red Hand, but it hits for Ill Will / Timur's Damage - and that's without the 3 lucky shots.

Just saying to prevent people from thinking Hawkmoon is now a regular ass HC. It's got mid tier RoF but still had impact like a low RoF HC.

Except that, after AgBalls was nerfed, that extra damage only kills someone with super low armor (read: NO upgrades according to folks on Crucible Playbook) in two headshots with a Moon. It's not good any more. Might as well use the Legendary, free up the exotic, and use a gun with better handling, AA, and range.

Totally. Rolling one for Icarus and Hipfire too. It already has high AA, so Hidden Hand is not super important. And LitC is too unreliable if you don't run Final Round and a mag reducing perk (which doesn't combo well if you're going for the Icarus/accuracy build).

So, yeah. One Mini-moon and one air-capable, accurate version coming up.

Oh man

Would love to see an icarus build in action. Sounds like a fun playstyle

Hawkmoon is still top tier. Saying anything else is simply misinformation.

Ehhh it might be useful for the beginning missions of TTK or just join up with people :) but I wouldn't waste my time grinding to max it out. And I don't know what the attack level cap for year 2 is, maybe someone else...

The majority of all my exotics are maxed out before there was the extra level up slot to boost damange. So more specifically I should have asked, is there any use for exotic shards in TTK? Will new exotics still require them or are exotic shards strictly limited to year 1 leveling?

Posted very rarely in these OT's but probably read lurked through all 30.
Stopped playing around lvl28 warlock before expansions dropped but picked this up again recently in last couple of weeks.

Logged in last night and my warlock is now lvl34 and light lvl169.

It feels good to be back.

Deku Tree

The majority of all my exotics are maxed out before there was the extra level up slot to boost damange. So more specifically I should have asked, is there any use for exotic shards in TTK? Will new exotics still require them or are exotic shards strictly limited to year 1 leveling?

Yes you still need Exotic Shards. Keep them.

GhaleonEB

Looking back on some old titles for year 1...

Destiny |OT| Home of Frabjous Guardians
Destiny |OT2| The Last Guardians
Destiny |OT3| Oh sweet a Legen- wait never mind, it's a rare.
Destiny |OT4| Get your ass to the Vault of Glass and help Timmins find better pants
Destiny |OT5| New patch out Tues., Master Rahool reportedly crying into his robes
Destiny |OT6| Lock me like one of your French girls, Jack
Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner
Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese
Destiny |OT9| Suros Business
Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended
Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!
Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.
Destiny |OT13| How the Grind Stole Christmas
Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End
Destiny |OT15| What Cheese May Come
Destiny |OT16| Enrage is here, there, everywhere...
Destiny |OT17| 17th inning stretch
Destiny |OT18| CA$H-4-CROTA
Destiny |OT19| Raiders of the Lost
Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?
Destiny |OT♦21| Our House, in the Middle of the Reef
Destiny |OT♦22| Game of Thorns
Destiny |OT♦23| This Train is Bound for Mercury
Destiny |OT♦24| Dances with Wolves
Destiny |OT♦25| The Taken Thread
Destiny |OT♦26| Like a Hat
Destiny |OT♦27| Nerf Herders
Destiny |OT♦28| Nolan Beyond
Destiny |OT♦Forever29| The Season Finale
Destiny |OT♦30| Long Live the King

RIP in peace DGAF Season 1. Not sure if those links are useful for OP purposes but there they are anyways. Nami, a few more threads and you could fill an entire OT with your posts alone!

Ready for Season 2.

ttk y'all

Hah, thanks for rounding these up. I like how you can tell from the titles alone how the game evolved, and when the community turned (even) more positive toward the game. What a ride year 1 was.

Afrocious

I like how from 21 onward, the OTs have had diamonds in them to represent light levels. Would've been great if the last OT was 34 and we began Year 2 with OT35.

I don't know if I necessarily regret dropping the game like I did though - it's definitely better than what it was back in the day.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
"Crap grenades"
See this is what Daemul means from over reaction. The thing still does its job that it was intended to do, if you've ever played Halo you know that grenades should be used as a preemptive strike for your actual attack or to finish someone off in these kind of games. 91 damage is enough to serve that purpose and the range is barely reduced.

It was broken before because it used to do almost 70% damage in a large area and used to require little to no precision from the player...bringing a support ability down to do 50% damage is not making it crap, it's making it balanced.

I'm seeing a lot of "it's crap now" reactions here (from everyone) without any factual evidence or numbers instead what I do get are ancedots and vague response such as "but it didn't work !!"... Well maybe they threw it wrong? I remember this one scrim between DGAF and some other top clan and one of their players kept complaining about how his arcbolt never works despite him throwing it properly...you see DGAF's stream and you notice it was because he kept throwing it wrong.

The funniest ones are the ones where a person will say something is crap and then after a while someone else comes in and says that same thing's a beast. Lol
Anyone who says arcbolt grenades are "beast" in their current form earns a paddlin'.

I had much, much better success with Field Choke than Aggressive Ballistics on 2.0 Hawkmoon.

Frenden

Banned
Hawkmoon is still top tier. Saying anything else is simply misinformation.

I guess Zoba's posts about Jewel outclassing it are propaganda too.

Hammer Forged took away it's best strength, range. It had low AA before, but the range made up for it. That's what gave Hawkmoon its distinctive feel.

With less range, worse stability, and bad AA compared to the Jewel, Fulcrum, Red Hand, and others, Hawkmoon's ability to two shot super low armor targets doesn't justify its use over the latter group.

I'm not even saying that the Final Round and LitC is what's good about the Fulcrum. I'm saying Smallbore gives it the range and stability that was robbed from Hand Cannons as an archetype and pushes it past a threshold of useability where it just feels good. And most HCs don't feel good anymore.

Anyone who says arcbolt grenades are "beast" in their current form earns a paddlin'.
I had much, much better success with Field Choke than Aggressive Ballistics on 2.0 Hawkmoon.

Exactly. Range is what it sorely needs. And AgBalls doesn't hit the way it used to. It doesn't kill most targets in two hits (according to folks on Crucible Playbook). This is what I'm saying--you're better off with a good roll of Devil You Know, Red Hand, High Fixer, Fulcrum, or the Jewel.

Hah, thanks for rounding these up. I like how you can tell from the titles alone how the game evolved, and when the community turned (even) more positive toward the game. What a ride year 1 was.

And when the community was negative towards the game, OTs 8-13. Haha. Those were the days.

ocean

Banned
Except that, after AgBalls was nerfed, that extra damage only kills someone with super low armor (read: NO upgrades according to folks on Crucible Playbook) in two headshots with a Moon. It's not good any more. Might as well use the Legendary, free up the exotic, and use a gun with better handling, AA, and range.
True. But to this effect, there's no benefit to using something at the Fatebringer/Fulcrum impact class. A Revelator-impact HC requires the same amount of shots despite the impact difference and boasts higher RoF, for better time to kill. This low impact tier of HCs is ideal right now but I'm not sure I kept any other than Word of Crota.

And Thorn of course, which is still its scumbaggy old self. 3 body shot kill with a primary is dirty as hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom