• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Hah, thanks for rounding these up. I like how you can tell from the titles alone how the game evolved, and when the community turned (even) more positive toward the game. What a ride year 1 was.
Stone cold truth. It's a poetic read to just look at the titles top to bottom.

Lnkn52

giphy.gif

The Titan seems to be the End Boss here, lol. Reading between the lines.

True. But to this effect, there's no benefit to using something at the Fatebringer/Fulcrum impact class. A Revelator-impact HC requires the same amount of shots despite the impact difference and boasts higher RoF, for better time to kill. This low impact tier of HCs is ideal right now but I'm not sure I kept any other than Word of Crota.

And Thorn of course, which is still its scumbaggy old self. 3 body shot kill with a primary is dirty as hell.

Not to mention harrassing players from range and cover with the DOT

Its an excellent suppressive weapon which is weird for a Hand Cannon lol

I guess Zoba's posts about Jewel outclassing it are propaganda too.

Hammer Forged took away it's best strength, range. It had low AA before, but the range made up for it. That's what gave Hawkmoon its distinctive feel.

With less range, worse stability, and bad AA compared to the Jewel, Fulcrum, Red Hand, and others, Hawkmoon's ability to two shot super low armor targets doesn't justify its use over the latter group.

I'm not even saying that the Final Round and LitC is what's good about the Fulcrum. I'm saying Smallbore gives it the range and stability that was robbed from Hand Cannons as an archetype and pushes it past a threshold of useability where it just feels good. And most HCs don't feel good anymore.

That's Zoba's opinion. And I am not even saying it's wrong. I agree that Jewel is also a top tier HC.

Listen, rather than just reeling off a bunch of stats, go try it out in the Crucible and then get back to me. The gun still wrecks. As we all know, simply looking at the bars and seeing which are lower or higher doesn't always tell the full story.

Played Rift for the first time today and won! Even did a capture myself, Lord of Wolves is just to good, specially if you're the runner, mowed through 3 people on my way to the enemy's rift

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I guess Zoba's posts about Jewel outclassing it are propaganda too.

Hammer Forged took away it's best strength, range. It had low AA before, but the range made up for it. That's what gave Hawkmoon its distinctive feel.
While I agree with this and that feel is gone, it has a new, very distinctive feel now because of the exotic indicator changes. I have a feeling I'll be raising this point for months to come, and I swear I'm not just stanning for my baby.
With less range, worse stability, and bad AA compared to the Jewel, Fulcrum, Red Hand, and others, Hawkmoon's ability to two shot super low armor targets doesn't justify its use over the latter group.
But its ability to two-shot any target if either bullet is a bonus shot does, if you play smart and maximize the likelihood of firing one as often as possible.

Of course it doesn't make HM the out-and-out better gun the way it used to, but it's got a very unique feel to it IMO that is effective if you build around it.
I'm not even saying that the Final Round and LitC is what's good about the Fulcrum. I'm saying Smallbore gives it the range and stability that was robbed from Hand Cannons as an archetype and pushes it past a threshold of useability where it just feels good. And most HCs don't feel good anymore.
Sort of a tough call on "most" actually, though I've still got a wardrobeful to try. I found my Timur's Lash with Rangefinder surprisingly workable and fun last night.
True. But to this effect, there's no benefit to using something at the Fatebringer/Fulcrum impact class. A Revelator-impact HC requires the same amount of shots despite the impact difference and boasts higher RoF, for better time to kill. This low impact tier of HCs is ideal right now but I'm not sure I kept any other than Word of Crota.

And Thorn of course, which is still its scumbaggy old self. 3 body shot kill with a primary is dirty as hell.
I mean... Hawkmoon can 2 body shot kill, with no DoT needed, if one of the bullets is a lucky one

nOoblet16

Aggressive ballistics used to be the top choice for any weapon, but for hand canons now anything that increases their range is a superior option because the damage drop off will negate any gains from aggressive ballistics and more.

Anyone who says arcbolt grenades are "beast" in their current form earns a paddlin'.
I had much, much better success with Field Choke than Aggressive Ballistics on 2.0 Hawkmoon.
I didn't say nor did I imply anywhere they are a beast now did I? So not sure why you'd even bring it up.

More importantly does it have to be one or the other though? i.e. if not a beast then it's crap.

ocean

Banned
That's Zoba's opinion. And I am not even saying it's wrong. I agree that Jewel is also a top tier HC.

Listen, rather than just reeling off a bunch of stats, go try it out in the Crucible and then get back to me. The gun still wrecks. As we all know, simply looking at the bars and seeing which are lower or higher doesn't always tell the full story.
It's still great. But it's not top tier. Anybody saying its a bad weapon is wrong, but it's certainly not a top tier weapon in the competitive sense of the word.

It's not your best choice, or even among your best choices, at any range.

Long distance Pulse will murder you if a scout or sniper doesn't
Mid and Thorn 3 body with faster RoF can wreck you, and so can any decent pulse.
Close up you're in TLW/sidearm/shotgun/fusion territory.

That Live Action Trailer is soooooo good. Man. As a Titan, this is exactly what I needed. It feels good to be in the sun.

THE HYPE TRAIN HAS GONE TO LUDICROUS SPEED
spaceballs-ludicrous-speed-o.gif

And as if Titans weren't already on a high, this Defender Shotgun, Immobius:

3844093acb6c81af155af61de9a1635b.jpg

• Bouncer
  • Kills inside Ward of Dawn with Armor of Light do not expend ammo.
  • Surrounded
  • This weapon gains bonus damage when three or more enemies are in close proximity.

Juraash

I'm sticking with Bad Juju in PvP until TTK drops. Hoping for the Jade Rabbit myself once it does.

Man Jade Rabbit looks so sweet both in terms of visuals and it's perks. Well... The perks could be cool at least. I'm kinda hoping the small mag and the chain shot perk mean huge damage off a chain. If guess we'll see. Still one of my most wanted new guns.

I haven't used Hawkmoon in a while but i thought the whole allure of the weapon was its insane range and ability to proc lucky shots.

Luke just tweeted about class emblems. There is supposed to be another part that will hit on the 15th. Working as intended apparently.
https://mobile.twitter.com/thislukesmith/status/642023683570073600

Somehow I feel like this is going to upset people who thought it was PvE only, lol

I am freaking loving the new announcer voices. Shaxx is doing an amazing job of psyching me up.

I got a 15 streak early and he told me I could end wars.

Also, anyone know what the new "Phantom" emblem is?

ocean

Banned
While I agree with this and that feel is gone, it has a new, very distinctive feel now because of the exotic indicator changes. I have a feeling I'll be raising this point for months to come, and I swear I'm not just stanning for my baby.

But its ability to two-shot any target if either bullet is a bonus shot does, if you play smart and maximize the likelihood of firing one as often as possible.

Of course it doesn't make HM the out-and-out better gun the way it used to, but it's got a very unique feel to it IMO that is effective if you build around it.

Sort of a tough call on "most" actually, though I've still got a wardrobeful to try. I found my Timur's Lash with Rangefinder surprisingly workable and fun last night.

I mean... Hawkmoon can 2 body shot kill, with no DoT needed, if one of the bullets is a lucky one

Edit: Hawkmon can't 2 body shot kill ever, my math was drunk.

That requires either 2 straight lucky bullets or a single one to have luck proc twice. Don't happen often. Saving grace is a double tap with 2 headshots if one of them is lucky, which does happen more often.

It's still great. But it's not top tier. Anybody saying its a bad weapon is wrong, but it's certainly not a top tier weapon in the competitive sense of the word.

Mid and Thorn 3 body with faster RoF can wreck you, and so can any decent pulse.

No. It's not your best choice at any range. But it's a very solid choice at any range. Thus making it pretty damn well-rounded.

neoism

Went back and completed the Stranger's Quest line to re-acquire her gun. It wrecks in Crucible now.

is it still level 17 ?

i was soo pissed the first time i got it because i made sure i was level 20 the one and only time i beat the story back last year lol i got it i was like

giphy.gif

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

All of that makes sense. The Vestian Dynasty in particular was one of the biggest counters to my playstyle last night. And I guess I'll concede it's not top tier, but it does have something no other gun in the game does now. And at mid-range, I killed Thorn users in two shots, before that third of theirs could get fired, a bunch of times.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
That requires either 2 straight lucky bullets or a single one to have luck proc twice. Don't happen often. Saving grace is a double tap with 2 headshots if one of them is lucky, which does happen more often.
Hmm, positive? Does it depend on the target Armor?

What about one headshot and one body shot?

So is PoE harder, easier or same since 2.0 changes? I have never run PoE once, but that stupid Moments of Triumph thing is incomplete and taunting me. Is it hopeless to try to run it now? I played the shit out for Destiny right up until HoW launched and haven't touched it until this Tuesday, but now want to finally play the HoW content I already paid for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom