• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thorn DoT is pitiful now lol. 3 damage and it doesn't seem to last nearly as long.

I actually had to aim for the player and land consistent headshots to get kills at mid range. It doesn't feel dirty anymore though.

It stacks now though, doesn't it? That's what I was referring to. It's not the same, but it still feels mildly dirty to me.

Frenden

Banned
Thorn DoT is pitiful now lol. 3 damage and it doesn't seem to last nearly as long.

I actually had to aim for the player and land consistent headshots to get kills at mid range. It doesn't feel dirty anymore though.

It stacks now though, doesn't it? That's what I was referring to. It's not the same, but it still feels mildly dirty to me.

Yeah. And the stack is enough to kill in three body shots, which is lame.

Last Word was the gun hit hardest with the nerf stick out of all three exotic hcs easily.

I just hope they aren't something retarded like "Get 6 kills while Radiance is active, during single Radiance" because how badly kills tends to register as super kills with that thing.

Is that Phantom super rare or something? Friend lost his shit when I got that yesterday.

Edit: Edit to show more tarded variant that I hope isn't a thing :D

I mean... it's 7 kills without taking any damage. You can judge how often you think that happens.

I did my first playthrough on PoE 35 the other night and its not really hard at all just need to communicate with the other players especially in the final round against Skolas since it isn't just killing him.

Cool, that's encouraging. I think I will go for it them.

Mmm. Yesterday I decided to see what all the ruckus was about after abandoning the game some time ago and was greeted with a 17 GB download....

So that explains why the first weapons for TTK they showed looked so weird. They are prototypes? I don't know how to feel about not having to do the Thorn quest in the end. Everything feels so confusing and time consuming to re-learn (I haven't been following a single piece of news for the last four weeks) that I am glad I stopped. Too busy studying and working out to play :(

Dalek

Out of curiousity, the Thursday Raids that GAF does-I see it says Thursdays at 9PM but is that 9PM EST or PST?

EDIT: Nevermind, I see it's EST.

Danj

If I've no current plans to buy The Taken King, will I still be able to play Destiny after it launches? I notice all the multiplayer modes are marked Taken King now, does that mean they'll all be locked out?

E92 M3

I can't believe they barely made any practical difference to shotguns in PvP but made so many other changes including the STUPID PvE shotgun damage nerf (maybe they should have discussed on why they increased it in the first place back in Feb).

In PvP the shot package cone is now nerfed from 50% to 20% but what could have made the difference is higher damage drop off. These shotguns already had a lot of range and impact so shot package nerf doesn't do much to it.

The PVE shotgun nerf was such a terrible decision!

I mean... it's 7 kills without taking any damage. You can judge how often you think that happens.

It's funny how this stuff works, playing for fun and not thinking about anything usually creates the best results. I think I got 1 or 2 phantom emblems yesterday. Thought it was for killing a cloaked enemy lol.

Damn looks like I got burried since the Reddit sub is still full on the 2.0 train today with the trailer. bah humbag.

Wonder what the weekly update will cover anyway. I suppose it'll just be more trailers and the emblem stuff and maybe a schedule for what happens next week.

Nice! Him dropping his arms at the end puts some punctuation on it.

Agreed!

ocean

Banned
Yea the issue for me isn't that i'm running out of bullets before I kill people, but rather I'm not killing people quickly enough.
This. Stability hit was too big.

They should have made an exception for its barrel. Like they exempted Plan C etc from their class nerfs to not kill them, TLW should have been nerfed individually or as a result of its barrel / perk nerfs, not everything stacked against it.

Several of mine did, though not all of the ones I was holding weirdly enough. Like my Bad Juju got fully unlocked while my Red Death got zilch. Both were on me but not equipped. Also my exotic armor didn't seem to be impacted.

On another note, I kind of wish Bungie was able to parse grimoire for the blueprints for exotics. A good while ago I ditched a Suros and a Light Beyond Nemesis and it'd be nice to have them in the collection now. I'm fairly sure the only way to acquire cards on that stuff is to own them. It's a super minor thing as I'll probably never use either, but it would have been nice.

I actually wound up blowing TOO MUCH glimmer on upgrades to exotics that had randomly leveled because I'm a derp and forgot that clicking the damn bubbles was costing me cash.

I can't believe they barely made any practical difference to shotguns in PvP but made so many other changes including the STUPID PvE shotgun damage nerf (maybe they should have discussed on why they increased it in the first place back in Feb).

In PvP the shot package cone is now nerfed from 50% to 20% but what could have made the difference is higher damage drop off. These shotguns already had a lot of range and impact so shot package nerf doesn't do much to it.
Maybe they confused the pve and pvp damage nerf. Imagine if shotguns got a glorious 50% damage nerf!

Tovarisc

If I've no current plans to buy The Taken King, will I still be able to play Destiny after it launches? I notice all the multiplayer modes are marked Taken King now, does that mean they'll all be locked out?

I think TTK flagging is just to signify that you get to play all modes on TTK maps too currently. I don't see Bungie locking out people who don't own TTK from PvP after TTK launches.

Ramirez

It's really too soon to pass judgement on the PVP changes, but damn, it's just a lot more fun to play a match and see pretty much everyone using a different weapon. The real test comes when power is turned on and we can toss these old shotguns out of the picture, because they are the only thing I still shake my head at.

Here is something interesting to watch out for next week.

I notice at the faction vendors there are two separate donation options for gaining faction, specific to armor pieces.

One accepts plasteel plating if you're a titan (sapphire wire for hunters, essence for
filthy
warlocks)

And a completely separate one for accepting the new armor materials.

Why is this, I wonder? You would think that converting your old mats into the new would be required for turning in for faction rep. And yet there it is...one option for new, one for old. I wonder why?

It's really too soon to pass judgement on the PVP changes, but damn, it's just a lot more fun to play a match and see pretty much everyone using a different weapon. The real test comes when power is turned on and we can toss these old shotguns out of the picture, because they are the only thing I still shake my head at.

Oh damn, I'd love to see the first Iron Banner where Felwinter's is tickling people.

Unless Bungie sells a new Felwinter's .____.

vctor182

I notice at the faction vendors there are two separate donation options for gaining faction, specific to armor pieces.

One accepts plasteel plating if you're a titan (sapphire wire for hunters, essence for
filthy
warlocks)

Why is this, I wonder? You would think that converting your old mats into the new would be required for turning in for faction rep. And yet there it is...one option for new, one for old. I wonder why?

Because old armor mats are going away, so instead of dismantling them you can use them to get faction rep

Afrocious

So is PoE harder, easier or same since 2.0 changes? I have never run PoE once, but that stupid Moments of Triumph thing is incomplete and taunting me. Is it hopeless to try to run it now? I played the shit out for Destiny right up until HoW launched and haven't touched it until this Tuesday, but now want to finally play the HoW content I already paid for.

I beat Skolas for the first time yesterday. I dunno if it's any harder than it was pre-2.0 update.

filthy
warlocks)

I was promised a conversion system, and I damn well better get it. it better not cost an arm and a leg too. I noticed that armor bubbles right now require the new armor material. meaning that the old stuff is already pointless

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Because old armor mats are going away, so instead of dismantling them you can use them to get faction rep
Yeah but they're saying you will be able to convert the armor mats to the new mat so it's redundant to add the option unless they're planning something.

nOoblet16

This. Stability hit was too big.

They should have made an exception for its barrel. Like they exempted Plan C etc from their class nerfs to not kill them, TLW should have been nerfed individually or as a result of its barrel / perk nerfs, not everything stacked against it.
I dont think the stability and accuracy nerf affects TLW's hipfire...it does affects the ADS though.

The reason why 2 bullets night make a small difference is because of the 4-5 shot kills now, I do sometimes get multi kills with TLW (help from arcbolt or other players) but basically 4-5 shot kills means I dont have enough to engage the other dude without reloading. It was at least possible to kill 2 guys with a slight margin for error before requiring a reload...there is no such margin now.

The TTK is higher because of people using soft ballistics as aggressive has a lot of damage drop off and I also think the inco sistenxy is just peole sometimes missing a shot or two during hip fire. Now as I said the TTK is definitely higher but also...it is higher across the board now because HC were what made the avg TTK lower in this game, now with people using other weapons and handcanons requiring slightly more time, the avg TTK has somewhat increased.

ocean

Banned
Edit again:

Hawkmoon kill potential:

Lucky bullets are now 1.3 not 1.33, and Aggressive Ballistics was nerfed. Need to experiment with new numbers but I'm 99% sure a two body shot kill is impossible, even if those two shots contain all three luckies. There's a small chance you might kill a minimum armor build Hunter, depending on how big the Agg ball nerf was, but even if Aggball was the same that's literally the only possible scenario.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Okay, SMARTY PANTS, I decided to give Hawkmoon another shot for an entire match and... it's still pretty good.

COj1SSAUwAALDNr.jpg
wowee zowee :eek:
2 more rounds in the mag and TLW would be fine I mean.
That's an interesting solution. I don't actually get how it would help with the issues it's facing, but I haven't tried it myself yet since the patch either.
There's 2 ways you can double tap with HM:

1. Consecutive luckies or one of the luckies proc twice: two body shots
2. One lucky and one regular: you need two headshots
Hmmm. Frankly, that just doesn't match up with my experience.

Are you totally sure that the target's armor has no effect on this?
SlfXt6Q.png

It seems to me that one lucky bullet headshot and one regular body shot does 190 damage, maybe even 191? That would cover a few of the Warlock and Hunter possibilities on there.

Then again I suppose these numbers are considering Aggressive Ballistics and I've switched over to Field Choke *shrug*

Haha. I see you got yours in Rift too.

Bless those randoms on the other team for focusing on the spark instead of on me.

And it's an Exotic tier medal along with Bulletproof and the others such as 25 kills w/o dying, 15 kills in a match without ever dying and more.

Edit again:

Hawkmoon kill potential:

Lucky bullets are now 1.3 not 1.33, and Aggressive Ballistics was nerfed. Need to experiment with new numbers but I'm 99% sure a two body shot kill is impossible, even if those two shots contain all three luckies. There's a small chance you might kill a minimum armor build Hunter, depending on how big the Agg ball nerf was, but even if Aggball was the same that's literally the only possible scenario.

They should have made it still possible to 2SK if the perks procd up close IMO

Juraash

I actually wound up blowing TOO MUCH glimmer on upgrades to exotics that had randomly leveled because I'm a derp and forgot that clicking the damn bubbles was costing me cash.

Lol I did the exact same thing. I maxed out my Bad Juju and realized I had spent way too much on doing so. The gun is really fun so I felt less bad, but still. Luckily glimmer still comes in fairly easily.

ehhhh. You will find me the weapon's biggest fan on the internets. But I'm not sure that a "hand cannon" should have that kind of range.

Just like I'm absolutely positive a shotgun shouldn't have the kind of range it still does.

That's what I meant. It made sense in my head, but came out opposite. I'm happy range got nerfed. Getting two shot by exotic handcannons from across the map made me not even think about playing trials after the 3rd week.

I'm back. Was so busy lately.

I had to talk through setting up a new router to my nephew and his mom. That only took nearly 3 hours last night. It's a lot harder to do when they have no clue what they're doing I can't be hands on. The good news, it works now and he no longer fluctuates between 1-2 wireless bars but now all 4 / full strength on Xbox 1. Pretty crazy he was able to play many hours at crappy Internet.

I'll be done with the overall stats from OT 1-29, tonight.

Ramirez

Oh damn, I'd love to see the first Iron Banner where Felwinter's is tickling people.

Unless Bungie sells a new Felwinter's .____.

I would like to think they've learned their lesson on what perks can be on what weapons, so I'm hopeful this won't repeat. Taking away reforging will at least control how many perfect rolls are out in the wild.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Edit again:

Hawkmoon kill potential:

I just looked at the patch notes. Looks to me like only Luck in the Chamber's damage was nerfed by 3%, and not Holdin' Aces... eh? That rather complicates things XD

Whatever. A lucky bullet headshot and regular headshot is still an immediate kill on any Armor, yes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom