• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.

MildSoss

God it's hard to play with such bad teammates
Keepo.png

11227651_509501692538346_3894329269011265016_o.jpg
Cuco got carried?! No way! That never happens!

purg3

slept with Malkin
Due to internet and power issues, I was finally able to download the update and check it out tonight, and it's glorious. Bring on Tuesday.

darthbob

For what ever reason him and Bungie/Activision had a really bad fallout. Not exactly sure why. A shame, really.

I know that, last week helped remind me of something I tried to push into the back of my mind a while ago.

It just saddens me to see an artist who contributed so much get left out like that.

Say what you will about Marty, but his music is sublime.

phen0m24

Just started playing a couple days ago on the One.

US Eastern and usually playing late at night.

Anyone else just starting off as well? Wouldn't mind having a couple Destiny GAF friends I can join up with whenever.

Currently a lvl 9 Hunter.

Enjoying the game so far but I'm guessing it'll be a lot better with a couple friends.

Been playing with a Hunter from scratch, though it's not like I got that far before. Just finished up on Earth and now heading to the Moon.

Currently level 9, but I feel my gear isn't up to snuff. Is RNG and engrams the only way to get much better gear? Should I try the Crucible despite never having been good at multiplayer the few times I've played?

You guys should connect in game. :)

sad to see Marty is really gone for good, but if he wrote all of the melodies for the series I don't think we have anything to worry about on the music front with his partner Michael still at the helm. There's only one track I've heard in the game post launch that I'd say didn't sound like a Bungie track (it's one of the ones in the new menu. Sounds like Transformers).

Been playing with a Hunter from scratch, though it's not like I got that far before. Just finished up on Earth and now heading to the Moon.

Currently level 9, but I feel my gear isn't up to snuff. Is RNG and engrams the only way to get much better gear? Should I try the Crucible despite never having been good at multiplayer the few times I've played?
It is now much easier to get better gear now. On Tuesday all year two gear will become available from various sources and more powerful than year one gear. The greens that will drop with the taken king emblem will more powerful than the current gear. Basically everyone will start from scratch for year two so don't worry too much about it.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
Here's a great tip: start up the omnigul strike (weekly or not), probably with 2 friends so people don't get mad. Get on your sparrow and ride to the area where you spawn in patrol. In the subway, there are 3 hive majors in on close proximity! Get your super kills there, then head back and finish the strike. Easy completion!

Oh man, haha. "Where did thay dude go?"

III-V

Crucible up until you are level 10 or so where you feel powerful enough to storm through some missions. Its easy to go back and forth and make sure to use hard mode missions for the bonus XP. Just take whatever gun to crucible. You can wreck with level 2 sniper rifle no joke.

ViciousDS

Banned
Lol apparently not enough people leveling new characters have the DLC because the "will of Crota" strike is dead I'm all alone hehehehe

Wow at that movie of the week trailer. Amazing stuff.

I think it spoils just a little bit of the raid tho.
Those swinging pendulums?

R0ckman

Did some Skirmish since I hadn't in a while, is 3v3 really a blink shotgun fest? This is a joke, I don't see how this is fun, at all. My wife asked what all that noise was from all the blinking.

E92 M3

Please guys, put full raid conversations into spoilers tags not just parts, that can still spoil things :(

edit: seems like a joke. good lol. I am a sensitive baby to spoilers sometimes haha.

GhaleonEB

The confusion stems from the Marty/Bungie lawsuit, where Bungie supposedly had Marty do the music for the entire 10 year series.

I know. :p

Plans change. The lawsuit also noted the audio team was way behind schedule, and Marty left well before Destiny 1.0 shipped. Documents like that are often missing a lot of context and detail, and that's the case with this as well. At any rate, it was a way for Bungie to clear the air bout their music team. From what we've heard so far they've done one hell of a job on TTK.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom