• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeEyes

Banned
OS_TTK_Cover.jpg

RIP Marty

thought he composed the music for the full 10 years, why leave him out of the credits...?
i-keep-throwing-it-at-the-screen-but-nothings-happeneing.png

Voror

You guys should connect in game. :)

I'm on PS4.

It is now much easier to get better gear now. On Tuesday all year two gear will become available from various sources and more powerful than year one gear. The greens that will drop with the taken king emblem will more powerful than the current gear. Basically everyone will start from scratch for year two so don't worry too much about it.

Ah, alright. I'm managing but felt I died too much during my first strike despite doing pretty good in overall kills.

Crucible up until you are level 10 or so where you feel powerful enough to storm through some missions. Its easy to go back and forth and make sure to use hard mode missions for the bonus XP. Just take whatever gun to crucible. You can wreck with level 2 sniper rifle no joke.

Well, I'm level 10 now after doing the first moon mission and got the notice on the Crucible unlocking. I guess I'll try it out a bit to see how I can do. But I thought there wasn't Hard Mode for missions anymore? There's just this Impossible option now where you need a lot of light.

Mindlog

Have around 1200 Strange Coins.
Someone convince me that blowing 600-800 Coins on Heavy Ammo Packs is a bad idea.

Basically you can buy faction packages for 20 Strange Coins each. A very fair price all things considered.

Played a bunch of pvp the last few days, and I've been junk. Feel like I can't kill anyone. Can't tell if it's just me getting used to some new guns, or if my right thumb stick is dying.

If I don't shape up soon, I'm going to try a new controller. Anyone have a Scuf controller?

III-V

Well, I'm level 10 now after doing the first moon mission and got the notice on the Crucible unlocking. I guess I'll try it out a bit to see how I can do. But I thought there wasn't Hard Mode for missions anymore? There's just this Impossible option now where you need a lot of light.

Yes, you are right, sorry forgot. If you are level 10 go and grab as many bounties as you can. Complete them and turn in rewards. I still recommend PVP plus story mode, but ymmv.

Voror

Yes, you are right, sorry forgot. If you are level 10 go and grab as many bounties as you can. Complete them and turn in rewards. I still recommend PVP plus story mode, but ymmv.

The Crucible bounties or will any do? I've done some already but not that many and none in the Crucible. Is there a recommended mode to try out for someone who isn't very experienced with PVP?

One thing I've remembered is how much I found patrol missions boring.

E92 M3

Have around 1200 Strange Coins.
Someone convince me that blowing 600-800 Coins on Heavy Ammo Packs is a bad idea.

Basically you can buy faction packages for 20 Strange Coins each. A very fair price all things considered.

Don't do it; leveling will be really quick.

todd360

I want a destiny anime. I mostly want a Harry Potter anime though. 100% faithful to the books. Almost scene for scene. Any filler content must be good. It would be amazing. I want that so bad. I would direct that shit so hard.

III-V

The Crucible bounties or will any do? I've done some already but not that many and none in the Crucible. Is there a recommended mode to try out for someone who isn't very experienced with PVP?

One thing I've remembered is how much I found patrol missions boring.

Any bounties. Skip Patrol until next Tuesday. Once you get to 20 start strikes. As far as Crucible goes, I would recommend playing Control. The enemy (typically) will try to take capture points. 3 on each map. Capture and defend, guardian. If you're inexperienced with the maps, play defensively, maybe focus on one capture point while defending a second if its close. Some maps will be better for a close quarters secondary, others are spread and its ok to snipe. I almost always use a Rocket launcher for heavy.

EDIT: the 1st page has much more refined info than mine.

Trace

Banned
I want a destiny anime. I mostly want a Harry Potter anime though. 100% faithful to the books. Almost scene for scene. Any filler content must be good. It would be amazing. I want that so bad. I would direct that shit so hard.

I want a LoL movie :(

We never get what we want.

Voror

Any bounties. Skip Patrol until next Tuesday. Once you get to 20 start strikes. As far as Crucible goes, I would recommend playing Control. The enemy (typically) will try to take capture points. 3 on each map. Capture and defend, guardian. If you're inexperienced with the maps, play defensively, maybe focus on one capture point while defending a second if its close. Some maps will be better for a close quarters secondary, others are spread and its ok to snipe. I almost always use a Rocket launcher for heavy.

EDIT: the 1st page has much more refined info than mine.

Alright, thanks I'll look at that and also read the front page. Which I should have done in the first place really.

E92 M3

It gives me a lot of confidence for the future knowing that most of the Bungie staff play Destiny at home like us. Of course implementing changes is a long and bureaucratic process, but I'm sure the major flaws that we hate are the same for Bungie when they play it at home.

LTWood12

AWW YISS! FATEBRINGER!!!!! finally got this again on my new account
hgbjPns.jpg

I'm ready for The Taken King!
kappa.png

lol dammit so close to Hawkmoon

z1LCqbh.jpg

I'm convinced the rng is weighted to give good drops to accounts that either haven't logged on in awhile or are relatively new.

Congrats! Monte Carlo has been pretty fun in crucible, and this is coming from Lieutenant Dreg's Promise, so you know it's super good advice
Kappa

I'm convinced the rng is weighted to give good drops to accounts that either haven't logged on in awhile or are relatively new.

Congrats! Monte Carlo has been pretty fun in crucible, and this is coming from Lieutenant Dreg's Promise, so you know it's super good advice
Kappa

absolutely. every time i've taken a break i've gotten gjallarhorn from iron banner my first day back.

Azerare

Can anyone answer this question i have? So I preordered the physical Taken King CE at gamestop online, but i was curious if i am still going to receive the suros arsenal pack.

You should play the Game Boy Color adaptations of the first two books. They're fantastic RPGs and super faithful to the books.

How on Earth are we supposed to get ready for Kings Fall in 3 days? If we edge out Crucicble, Vanguard, and the 3 factions, that's only 5 packages where we may get duplicates (two chest pieces or something). There's no way we will have the legendary marks to buy anything

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom