• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raybunny

Just woke up and read the Weekly Update. Just to be sure, I can complete my Dead Orbit Quest before the 15th and when I turn it in (after 09/15) I will get the reward(s) right? I don't have to complete it AFTER TTK drops, I can complete it before, but must turn it in after. Correct?

The quest is locked. If its the last step of the quest it will say: Not now as option. Same for the gunsmith quest. You can do it and then give it when TTK drops to get that sexy exotic cloak

Kyoufu

I tried a Focused Light to test and it says it only gives Subclass, Weapons and Armor XP boost.

It didn't give any bonus rep so I assume it won't help anyone level their character to 40 any faster in TTK.

Raybunny

What gunsmith quest???

In the vanguard all you have a bounty board. That board got some quests. One of them is surely an old quest that involves interaction with the gunsmith. At this time they locked everything related with him so you cannot move forward on that until TTK .

I tried a Focused Light to test and it says it only gives Subclass, Weapons and Armor XP boost.

It didn't give any bonus rep so I assume it won't help anyone level their character to 40 any faster in TTK.

Great observation. If its as you say then its pointless to get those extra levels.

Klyka

Banned
Someone on reddit reckons it will take 54k XP to level from 34 to 40 - Looks like i'll be 3x40 within minutes of launch :D

It's not like our character level really matters anymore now with all the XP we get thrown at us.
It's like,they basically just got it in there for posterity XD

Strider

It'll be more than 54k but it won't take long.

I was really surprised at how fast I went from 31-34 once 2.0 hit. Didn't turn in bounties or anything and still did it in just a few crucible games.

ViciousDS

Banned
What about when it's not giving you anything at all? Granted, I always place last in pretty much every match I do so I guess it makes sense not to get rewarded for being terrible.

I feel like everyone can kill me way faster then I can do them. Is part of it them having simply much better weapons? I know I'm terrible but I just don't know what I'm doing wrong honestly.

Crucible is basically RNG, it attempts to give the number one player something for helping out the team substantially, but quests and strikes will be more likely to drop gear for you due to engrams as well.

GutZ31

Just remember to pick the faction you wish to get gear from before turning all those bounties in!
On the 15th of course.

deadduck

I remember when heavy supplies dried up for 2 months. Crota was horrible then

If they've added receiving coins from other activities, so you can get more, its irrelevant.

I agree, 54K seems too low.

So I finally got back to the game after a month+ absence, and the state of the game is weird. Still haven't tested PvP, only a couple of NF and something felt off, but I guess it's just a matter of adapting.

But the huge plus side, I can now wear my Heart of the Praxic Fire with The Queen's Web!

I remember when heavy supplies dried up for 2 months. Crota was horrible then

If they've added receiving coins from other activities, so you can get more, its irrelevant.

considering the weekly will stop dropping them its going to want to rain them to make up the shortfall.

Pre TTK 20 coins for a rep rank up/100 synths with 27 guaranteed

Post TTK 34 coins for a rep rank up/100 synths with zero guaranteed (yes I know the zero is hyperbole)

Kyoufu

considering the weekly will stop dropping them its going to want to rain them to make up the shortfall.

Pre TTK 20 coins for a rep rank up/100 synths with 27 guaranteed

Post TTK 34 coins for a rep rank up/100 synths with zero guaranteed (yes I know the zero is hyperbole)

I think Luke said in an interview not long ago that faction packages grant 5 coins and 5 motes guaranteed.

Zeus7

Does anyone know how to get the Patrols 101 quests? I have them but a few friends do not. I think it might be something to do with me creating a new Hunter and doing the quests.

Is the reward an exotic?

Shito

I know we're going to be in the hands of the gods with light level, its just a tidbit

OG Subclasses are 438k, so I'm guessing the new ones will be the same

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyThe...r_leveling_from_34_to_40_will_take_54000_exp/

Edit does level have any bearing on light? i.e is there a difference if you're 33 and have all 170 gear vs 34 and 170 gear?
That explanation is completely bogus.
As someone working on a social game with xp, levels, and level caps, I can tell you how gaining XP while being at the cap can have nothing to do with how you gain XP when not at the level cap.
This is no proof of anything, as there are countless ways of designing a system like this, not even accounting the fact they can probably patch these values server side.

Don't count on this 54k thing, guys, even though I do also think levelling up to 40 won't be too long.

Kyoufu

Getting to 40 shouldn't take long since Bungie are confident that players will be ready on the Friday to enter the raid, which not only requires level 40 but also a certain level of gear to get in.

I'm guessing level cap will be attainable in a handful of hours at most.

There'll be more than enough story content, Strikes, PvP, and bounties to get there before the Raid goes live. Getting your Light level up, however, may not be as quick.

Yeah, they may have changed the system, but gear will still be the grind. Let's just hope the new bias towards drops you never had before is actually real and not just PR lines.

eFKac

Guys does the Celestial Nighthawk get a Year 2 version? Can't check it.

No land Beyond, I think I will get it but I don't really like sniper rifles.

Any opinions on these overall?

Raybunny

That explanation is completely bogus.
As someone working on a social game with xp, levels, and level caps, I can tell you how gaining XP while being at the cap can have nothing to do with how you gain XP when not at the level cap.
This is no proof of anything, as there are countless ways of designing a system like this, not even accounting the fact they can probably patch these values server side.

Don't count on this 54k thing, guys, even though I do also think levelling up to 40 won't be too long.

Educated guesses made as facts are a fail at the beginning. Gives us at least some theme for discussion.

54k seems too low and incoherent to begin with taking into consideration the amount of exp you can get doing just normal bounties ( bounties that you can finish in 10 minutes and get 25-30k exp). secondly Bungie surely does not want ppl to level to 40 in a mere 10 second they want us to explore the new story. Makes for excuse of the poor story on the Pre-TTK. But if you recall from the stream " after the main story you will be very close to 40" makes me wonder if the 54k is out of proportion or not.

How many missions you reckon the main story will have? 6-10 maybe from 5000-10000 exp each? Think about it.

Shito

Yeah, they may have changed the system, but gear will still be the grind. Let's just hope the new bias towards drops you never had before is actually real and not just PR lines.
Well, even with its quirks, the "smart loot" system for CE did work much better than the one for VoG, so I'm pretty optimistic on that point.

I think Luke said in an interview not long ago that faction packages grant 5 coins and 5 motes guaranteed.

Like I said last night, i've got a horrible feeling that a lot of progression/marks will be tied to having to constantly play the game, the thought of having to come in after work every day and feel I have to do the daily all the bounties/quests etc..fills me with horror and takes me back to OG days

Kyoufu

Like I said last night, i've got a horrible feeling that a lot of progression will be tied to having to constantly play the game, the thought of having to come in after work every day and feel I have to do the daily all the bounties/quests etc..fills me with horror

The daily will take 15 minutes at most and gives 3x rewards. A set of bounties take like 15 minutes at most :p

Guys does the Celestial Nighthawk get a Year 2 version? Can't check it.

No land Beyond, I think I will get it but I don't really like sniper rifles.

Any opinions on these overall?
Yes there is a year 2 version as for no land beyond get it if you're collecting them all if not stock up heavy synth.
Edit: No gif instead imagine a stack of pancakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom