• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.

FyreWulff

Like I said last night, i've got a horrible feeling that a lot of progression/marks will be tied to having to constantly play the game, the thought of having to come in after work every day and feel I have to do the daily all the bounties/quests etc..fills me with horror and takes me back to OG days

They've outright said that they know Destiny needs to be "compatible with life", so they're removing a lot of the grind.

This is one of the reasons why the old raids aren't being brought up to Year 2, because they wanted those raids to not be part of the 'required checklist' of weekly activities. For end-gamers only King's Fall will be part of your weekly routine.

As a poster pointed out above, you only need to play the daily with one character now.

Raybunny

Like I said last night, i've got a horrible feeling that a lot of progression will be tied to having to constantly play the game, the thought of having to come in after work every day and feel I have to do the daily all the bounties/quests etc..fills me with horror

I recall it. And the reason that made me quit previous mmos. Destiny player base is quite active from the Bungie reports, I wonder how they feel about that idea.

On the contrary they had the word FUN carved in their mind with TTK ( as we experienced with those paths. Fun right? - Bungie...you have awoken my rage - Hope you get the reference), might not be that way.

E92 M3

If someone wants the Excel workbook, let me know. I don't even know how to do a simple group by + count in Excel. I can easily do it in SQL haha. I can make a table and whatnot but I wanted to use Pivot Tables. Anyways...

Enjoy!

ttJIPr6.png

M4vHJGG.png

Ue6UQba.png

The ultimate wall of shame lol.

Also, I knew Xur would be selling less heavy ammo!

eFKac

Yes there is a year 2 version as for no land beyond get it if you're collecting them all if not stock up heavy synth.
Edit: No gif instead imagine a stack of pancakes.

Would you mind telling me what are the Year 2 if the change?

No love for No Land Beyond, or does it not get a Year 2 version?

Trickster

Is the 2.0 update the reason that you no longer get any rewards at the end of strikes? And is it also the reason that you can only pick normal mode for strikes now?

Klyka

Banned
Is the 2.0 update the reason that you no longer get any rewards at the end of strikes? And is it also the reason that you can only pick normal mode for strikes now?

Yes.

We are in limbo now. Not really Year one anymore but not really TTK yet either.

On tuesday it will all work again and the new playlists appear.

This was changed

No Land Beyond

Fixed an issue where there were overlap/parallax issues in Sights during aim-down-sights view
Base Handling increased
The Master perk has an increased base precision damage bonus scalar (2.6x -> 3x)

So is it better now? Sounds like it...? Kinda?

Liamc723

I think Luke said in an interview not long ago that faction packages grant 5 coins and 5 motes guaranteed.

Has this been confirmed? Would we get 5 lots of coins and motes from just factions such as Dead Orbit or ones from vanguard and crucible too?

Trickster

Yes.

We are in limbo now. Not really Year one anymore but not really TTK yet either.

On tuesday it will all work again and the new playlists appear.

Alright cool, was just wondering if that was because of that or if it was intended changes made during TDB or HoW.

Another question, can I see what the pvp vendors will be selling beginning next week anywhere?

Klyka

Banned
Do we have an outline of what the new Vanguard Strike playlist will entail besides the Level 20 "Easy" option currently?

Vanguard Legacy: Year 1 Strikes only

Vanguard Marmoset: The Taken King Strikes only

Vanguard Ursa: Random Heroic Strikes that will award Legendary Marks and Legendary Engrams.

^info taken from Reddit, take with grain of salt.

Alright cool, was just wondering if that was because of that or if it was intended changes made during TDB or HoW.

Another question, can I see what the pvp vendors will be selling beginning next week anywhere?

Nope,we are going in blind :D

Or I guess you can check the Bungie armory

i was looking in to the grimoire and they put names and images to the cards i didnt find, the one the was intriguing me was the only primary i dont have, the fate of all fools, its looks exactly like the strangers rifle, and they already sugest that one of the exotics can only be obtained by dismantle a certain gun ...

... or i am just watching too much csi?

Klyka

Banned
i was looking in to the grimoire and they put names and images to the cards i didnt find, the one the was intriguing me was the only primary i dont have, the fate of all fools, its looks exactly like the strangers rifle, and they already sugest that one of the exotics can only be obtained by dismantle a certain gun ...

... or i am just watching too much csi?

http://destiny.wikia.com/wiki/Fate_of_All_Fools

The Fate belongs to one man and one man only.

There is however a new gun called "No time to explain" that is basically a slightly revamped Stranger's Rifle model.

R0ckman

Taking off Tuesday, what can I do besides get my new class while I wait for my friend to get home to play through story?

Would like to earn some legendary marks, hopefully.

Whew! Finally got internet back and was able to briefly try out 2.0

Cannot wait for Taken King.... there is so much to do that I kind of just ran around in circles for awhile

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
PS4 :(

I have a XBONE though, but it´s mainly my Forza machine.

Oh thats a shame. Thought you might be on XB1 because Kadey just setup the clan for XB1 users.

Aren't you based it Spain man? Why are you on XB1? That's like the most Playstation loopsided place except for Japan :p

Edit. Sorry for the double post.

Lol! I am dude but I'm from UK. I'd always been a massive PS fan but the X360 pushed me to the dark side and its just stuck. Prefer more of the exclusive games on XB1 along with friends and other things. I use my PS4 for exclusives like I did with PS3.

eFKac

Oh thats a shame. Thought you might be on XB1 because Kadey just setup the clan for XB1 users.

Lol! I am dude but I'm from UK. I'd always been a massive PS fan but the X360 pushed me to the dark side and its just stuck. Prefer more of the exclusive games on XB1 along with friends and other things. I use my PS4 for exclusives like I did with PS3.

Ohh ok, that's cool :)

Klyka

Banned
What was it we were not supposed to do until TTK launched because you currently missed on a reward?

It's fine, they said it was miscommunication and you are not actually missing out on a reward. You'll get additonal quest steps on the 15th.

It was a about an emblem for subclass quests.

Namikaze1

Anyone got Crota checkpoint? Just need it to get that dead ghost in that area. Still trying to get the one in the Abyss. Fucking Thralls keep killing me as soon as I make it there.

Shito

Anyone got Crota checkpoint? Just need it to get that dead ghost in that area. Still trying to get the one in the Abyss. Fucking Thralls keep killing me as soon as I make it there.
Just solo the zone, trigger the loot checkpoint without triggering the warp, and go back killing them to make the zone safe?

Vanguard Legacy: Year 1 Strikes only

Vanguard Marmoset: The Taken King Strikes only

Vanguard Ursa: Random Heroic Strikes that will award Legendary Marks and Legendary Engrams.

^info taken from Reddit, take with grain of salt.

I think this is old now - I believe there are only two playlists - legacy and heroic. I cant remember if legacy is the base game only, but heroic will be the main end game list.

Each week your first three heroic strikes that you play out of the playlist will be like the old weeklies (without the strange coins) .

The NF will still be a stand alone fixed strike (presumably still without MM).

Sofa King

Which one? Don't Touch Me's are your best friend for the first one, and the light at the end of the tunnel one you can get to without thralls if you crouch into invisibility just before going across the gap.

Namikaze1

Just solo the zone, trigger the loot checkpoint without triggering the warp, and go back killing them to make the zone safe?

Which one? Don't Touch Me's are your best friend for the first one, and the light at the end of the tunnel one you can get to without thralls if you crouch into invisibility just before going across the gap.
Don't touch me don't work for me. And I can't make it to end without some thrall pushing me into the hole going up the last hill.

KxoZz

Don't touch me don't work for me. And I can't make it to end without some thrall pushing me into the hole going up the last hill.

If you want I can solo the abyss and you can join up on me for the ghost you need there. Can't help you with the Crota CP, though.
I could try to solo up to Crota on my Titan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom