• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, do I just post here if I want to sort out a group for a raid?

I've finally decided after a year, and (including the alpha, beta) 150 hours of playing, that I kind of want to give the raids a go.

Afrocious

So, do I just post here if I want to sort out a group for a raid?

I've finally decided after a year, and (including the alpha, beta) 150 hours of playing, that I kind of want to give the raids a go.

Damn man, I feel sorry for you son

I've done 99 raids and you haven't done one.

Deku Tree

If someone wants the Excel workbook, let me know. I don't even know how to do a simple group by + count in Excel. I can easily do it in SQL haha. I can make a table and whatnot but I wanted to use Pivot Tables. Anyways...

Enjoy!

ttJIPr6.png

M4vHJGG.png

Ue6UQba.png

Missed this post.... I am the #2 poster to Nami.. Yet I was the top poster in only one OT. Wow.

Afrocious

Still not where I want to be with Crucible. I'm getting kills though.

I got Mark of the Devourer on my Thorn and none of the attack upgrades afterward. The gun does kill in three shots, but I don't like aiming it for kills. Perhaps my aim sucks, but it doesn't win firefights.

Most of my kills these past few days have been from sniper rifles (headshots even!), grenades, and melee. Dunno if it's worth investing into looking for a specific gun since TTK is upon us.

TTK bringing everyone back to the yard

Kinda reminds me of the FF7 remake trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kznek1uNVsg

Klyka

Banned

I got Mark of the Devourer on my Thorn and none of the attack upgrades afterward. The gun does kill in three shots, but I don't like aiming it for kills. Perhaps my aim sucks, but it doesn't win firefights.

Most of my kills these past few days have been from sniper rifles (headshots even!), grenades, and melee. Dunno if it's worth investing into looking for a specific gun since TTK is upon us.

I kinda had to chuckle a bit, sorry :D

Ahem

:)

Maybe you can sneak in there? :)

Sadly I'm at work right now!

And yeah, I know, it's the best part of the game and all that, I just got a bit burnt out with dealing with anything to do with online play after years of swearing teenagers on Xbox live taking their toll.

If anyone does want to raid, I'm on PS4, using a level 34 hunter, 161 light, and available tonight from 10pm. PSN name is TotalBiscuit257.

And yes, it's the same as the youtuber. Its a name from a Discworld book, and I'd been using it for almost a decade online before he got famous.

Klyka

Banned
Sadly I'm at work right now!

And yeah, I know, it's the best part of the game and all that, I just got a bit burnt out with dealing with anything to do with online play after years of swearing teenagers on Xbox live taking their toll.

If anyone does want to raid, I'm on PS4, using a level 34 hunter, 161 light, and available tonight from 10pm. PSN name is TotalBiscuit257.

And yes, it's the same as the youtuber. Its a name from a Discworld book, and I'd been using it for almost a decade online before he got famous.

1310478257957.jpg

KxoZz

Finally made it inside the Echo Chamber and got the ghost. Now to snoop around.

I had to wallbreach a second time after dying to the timer while trying to get down to the Servitor's arena. I was locked inside that hallway. I somehow was able to wallbreach without having to go to orbit.

There's a Ghost in the Echo Chamber? That's Venus right?
Gotta get that one next.

I solo'd up to the crota checkpoint for you to get the ghost. Unless you've already got it meanwhile, you can join me for it.

how do you guys feel about faction rep taking half rep to fill up? granted there are some easier bounties daily even if some Crucible bounties force you to have a 2nd player in your fireteam party

Deku Tree

I love how this just gets swept under the rug lol

Or this...

Nor would he ever recover all of the money or any of time spent on the case. But I don’t think that was really why he did this in the first place.

"OMG the legal fees!!! Marty was in it for the principle!!!" Let's ignore how much his stock is probably worth (vastly more than all the legal fees)!!!

ocean

Banned

Most of my kills these past few days have been from sniper rifles (headshots even!), grenades, and melee. Dunno if it's worth investing into looking for a specific gun since TTK is upon us
You've been gone for a while and the Crucible is in a weird spot right now with everybody figuring out the range and stability of their new weapons. Just keep at it and you'll get better. Practicing Sniper skill is probably the single best investment you can do though - it's an amazingly powerful weapon class when used well.

how do you guys feel about faction rep taking half rep to fill up? granted there are some easier bounties daily even if some Crucible bounties force you to have a 2nd player in your fireteam party

So if you hand in a 3k bounty you get full to vanguard/crucible and 1.5k to factions? If that's the case it won't be "that" bad to start with as we'll need the shots at gear but after a while no thanks

Deku Tree

There are two sides to every story and I can't imagine Marty's close friends betraying him for the sake of a lawsuit - everyone has the right of the 5th.

Reading the letter is very saddening, nonetheless.

This guy was not just his close friend he was acting as his lawyer in certain respects... The only way this was posted was with full permission and endorsement by Marty.

Namikaze1

There's a Ghost in the Echo Chamber? That's Venus right?
Gotta get that one next.

I solo'd up to the crota checkpoint for you to get the ghost. Unless you've already got it meanwhile, you can join me for it.
You still there?

Yeah, that's in Venus. Use a Titan to get to it. Easier on them.

E92 M3

We'll be spending the next 5 years going after Crota's relatives.
Father, Mother, Brothers and Sisters, Cousins etc.

I really hope that Oryx's second uncle in-law isn't a bad guy.

This guy was not just his close friend he was acting as his lawyer in certain respects... The only way this was posted was with full permission and endorsement by Marty.

I know, but it's just hard to imagine true friends betraying someone like that for a court case. Unless they were bribed or strongarmed of course.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
This is amazing. All the perks on my Legendary weapons are unlocked. Must have been some 2.0 glitch.

ocean

Banned
So about 2.0 and its changes to the Ceucible, here's my main takeaway:

The way we play has to change fundamentally in terms of loadout selection. Pre 2.0, most of us had a go-to weapon. If you mained Thorn or TLW or Red Death or whatever, you basically kept that 99% of the time. Your Special slot was probably always a shotgun or a sniper - maybe changing it out depending on the map.

The thing is, good weapons were far too versatile and could always be used everywhere. Now there's maps where you definitely want a Pulse Rifle, others where you might want a Scout, others where you feel a HC or AR would work better. It'll be hard to play at a high level with a single weapon trying to fit all the different maps now that damage drop off is so clearly defined for each weapon class.

This is interesting and will promote more varied play, but it'll also make it far more difficult to master a single weapon. You'll be rocking Messenger one match then switch to MIDA or Salvation State the next.

purg3

slept with Malkin
This is amazing. All the perks on my Legendary weapons are unlocked. Must have been some 2.0 glitch.

I did the update last night and logged in and had the same thing happen. My Ghorn from xur was maxed, but I only got to wolfpack rounds before the update. Not complaining lol.

Yes, I know! It's honestly a name Terry Pratchett invented, and this suspicion and occasional harts smelt is why I've started using Stilton Disco instead. If I could change it on PSN I would!

See, this is another reason I avoid playing online with people I don't know!

ocean

Banned
I'll never understand this morbid fascination with personal and administrative issues turned into a soap opera concerning people I've never met but with whom I'm apparently supposed to be on a first name basis with.

rNilla

I'll never understand this morbid fascination with personal and administrative issues turned into a soap opera concerning people I've never met but with whom I'm apparently supposed to be on a first name basis with.
You must not thirst for gossip.

E92 M3

For some of us that have been playing Bungie games since they started as a studio, it is a little personal. Bungie has always been very close with their community and Marty has always been THE Bungie music guy.

Finally played on The Dungeons. It was okay. Bungie really fucked up the spawns though. Twice spawned on top of someone with a machine gun.

noomi

Wait what?

Klyka

Banned
Yes, I know! It's honestly a name Terry Pratchett invented, and this suspicion and occasional harts smelt is why I've started using Stilton Disco instead. If I could change it on PSN I would!

See, this is another reason I avoid playing online with people I don't know!

oh nonono i was just joking around, I did not mean to keep you from playing D:

you'll find good groups here to do raids with, no problem there mate!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
If someone wants the Excel workbook, let me know. I don't even know how to do a simple group by + count in Excel. I can easily do it in SQL haha. I can make a table and whatnot but I wanted to use Pivot Tables. Anyways...

Enjoy!

ttJIPr6.png
bronze medal baby.

Thanks for doing this stuff man, crazy

nOoblet16

So about 2.0 and its changes to the Ceucible, here's my main takeaway:

The way we play has to change fundamentally in terms of loadout selection. Pre 2.0, most of us had a go-to weapon. If you mained Thorn or TLW or Red Death or whatever, you basically kept that 99% of the time. Your Special slot was probably always a shotgun or a sniper - maybe changing it out depending on the map.

The thing is, good weapons were far too versatile and could always be used everywhere. Now there's maps where you definitely want a Pulse Rifle, others where you might want a Scout, others where you feel a HC or AR would work better. It'll be hard to play at a high level with a single weapon trying to fit all the different maps now that damage drop off is so clearly defined for each weapon class.

This is interesting and will promote more varied play, but it'll also make it far more difficult to master a single weapon. You'll be rocking Messenger one match then switch to MIDA or Salvation State the next.
Yea I get this feeling too. You have to be good at one weapon of each primary type.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom