• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strider

Dude, thank you. I just applied this and got more sniper kills in a single match than I ever have. I think I might have just been trying to be too perfect.

goodjob.gif

Yea it sounds dumb but it really does work

if this is for the Titan quest then it just means them getting kills with the light buff when passing through your bubble.
That's what I figured. Its not easy to get 30 kills that way. I get my special MAYBE 3 times during the strike. Probably will need to use a non-matchmaking fireteam to get that one done.

ocean

Banned
That's what I figured. Its not easy to get 30 kills that way. I get my special MAYBE 3 times during the strike. Probably will need to use a non-matchmaking fireteam to get that one done.
Your teams kills with the buffs from the bubble also count. Load up Omnigul and pop a Blessing or Weapons bubble in the first room. One bubble should be enough, there's so many Thrall there :p if not by the last room you'll for sure have gotten it done.

ocean

Banned
lol this is amazing. Omolon test weapon bounty done just like that. Wow.
One more tip: hard scoping that spot where you got a kill for 2 minutes waiting for him to come back? Don't do it. Stay mobile across the different sniper lanes, and maintain radar awareness. Too often I'm right behind a sniper who has no clue in about to kill him.

Dude, thank you. I just applied this and got more sniper kills in a single match than I ever have. I think I might have just been trying to be too perfect.

Generally speaking you don't have time to move the cursor, check if it's on target, and then shoot. Target will have moved by the time that feedback loop completes. Auto aim is strong in this game.

I heard A40's are just as good. The only difference is the wireless
bday gift from the wifey :)

Nope. I could hear everything but steps for some reason. The loudness might just be because I'm cuban ;)

Yeah, a lot of the really good ones are kind of expensive.

There are a few of these left on Amazon @ ~160 USD:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B008O510Y8/?tag=neogaf0e-20

If you look at the "Frequently Bought Together" section there's a Sennheiser adapter which I think would be needed for it to work on PS4. From what I understand these have great mics.

Thanks guys. I'm not going over $150 for a headset so i'll check one of those out.

This is why steamers make such an annoying big deal with donations :p

Well I do have a donation link but the whole begging for "Like! Subscribe! Donate!" stuff irks me.

ocean

Banned
For those wondering why 13 Devils won't be in the tournament btw apparently they found out last night since Nghtly's PSN inbox was swamped and he didn't see the invite :p

inthrall

So now I need to get some ridiculous amount of kills for class quests, does anyone else here need this and want to form a group?

One more tip: hard scoping that spot where you got a kill for 2 minutes waiting for him to come back? Don't do it. Stay mobile across the different sniper lanes, and maintain radar awareness. Too often I'm right behind a sniper who has no clue in about to kill him.

Oh I know better than this. I had pretty good general awareness, dropping my scope every few seconds or so I just couldn't hit the side of a barn. I still need a ton of practice, but I feel like I went from a 1 to a 5/10 on the sniper scale instantly.

Generally speaking you don't have time to move the cursor, check if it's on target, and then shoot. Target will have moved by the time that feedback loop completes. Auto aim is strong in this game.

I see that now, lol.

What are bungie doing to pulse rifles? I just went and compared all of mine and I can't even tell what's what anymore. Is Hopscotch the same RoF/impact as an Allfate now? Ugh. I was actually enjoying PRs being varied and fun to use - now we're back to Red Death being the only one with impact? Has anybody established tiers with the new stat profiles, or are they all just tier 2 except Red Death now? Trying to establish a decent build in this game is exhausting. Seems like "fuckit I'll just use thorn" is going to be the only recurring theme in the meta I can manage to follow :/

hopscotch has basically the same rof/impact as red death, not allfate.

^ nope, messenger didn't change.

They're both Venus Gate Keepers ;)

It barely doesn't OHK normal Deathsinger. It does 39k+ damage and DS has 40k HP.

I had a feeling someone was going to correct me lol. I just can't think of what to call that portal. Past seems like it isn't the first thing you think of and calling it green is lame :p

Trickster

Anyone up for VoG normal mode?

1) xinek (PSN legilimens)
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)

I wouldn't mind coming. But I've never done any raids in Destiny before, and my gear is pretty bad, got like 138 light lvl.

So if you're fine with having a low geared nublet who has no idea wtf is going during the raid, I'm your guy.

psn is "sc-trickster" i believe

JayHayabusa

Mindlog and jayforone are running Undying Mind for Warlock and Titan.

Anyone wants to join?

We stay on majors phase as long as needed to get 3x7 orbs

Edit: NO GIF FOR TOP OF THE PAGE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom