• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT33| Hey Luke, What's the Theme for King's Fall? (Unmarked Spoilers)

If I get the xp boost from completing the nightfall would I be able to go up a whole rank this week with the gunsmith if I complete all of the weapon tests? Or will I have to hope for a couple of those weapon drops you can turn in?

If I get the xp boost from completing the nightfall would I be able to go up a whole rank this week with the gunsmith if I complete all of the weapon tests? Or will I have to hope for a couple of those weapon drops you can turn in?
I don't think there is an xp boost from doing the nightfall anymore.

vctor182

So how does everyone feel about waiting to do stuff in this game? Waiting for the Chaperone, waiting for the Exotic Swords, waiting for Arms Day, waiting for stuff Bungie haven't even activated yet.

FTFY

I'm fine with waiting, it's the stuff that it's being held back that I'm not liking.

Time to go fill the Red Bulls and charge up for some jumpy action

ImperialGAF rise!
MaleGoodnaturedItaliangreyhound.gif

Is this real gameplay? Oh god, oh god!

vctor182

Do you have a focused light? use that to get a 50% exp increase

stb

Late responding because I was in a meeting, but re: "loot game" and time gating:

Loot game

I feel like Destiny is primarily a loot game, but is less so than it was in Year 1.

This is because of things like useless exotics like the CE stuff, class-locked exotics, quests for exotics that are doable whenever, and "opportunity" exotics like Spindle.

Also, random rolls on equipment makes it feel less like an established ideal that you "should" be working toward. 2.0 definitely feels more like gear is just a means to an end.

Like Year 1, I fully expect to still be playing and enjoying myself in the sandbox with the raid pals even once I get all the loot I care about. I didn't keep playing in Year 1 to complete my exotic collection, I played because I enjoyed myself doing it. The new loot stat system will likely mean I'll continue to get incremental/horizontal "advancement" with slightly higher light levels, trading handcannon loading for scout loading, etc. for extra gravy.

Time gating

I actually REALLY like that stuff is being dripped out, like we couldn't reall start the SS quest until this week. It means something new will be happening periodically in the game. It also helps to mitigate the FOMO thing, because there are fewer things the .01%ers to have gotten/done that I haven't. If ALL the quests and exotics could have been obtained at launch, there'd be SOMEONE who had them all. I acknowledge, unabashedly, that this is selfish, but I think it's probably good for the overall health of the game. EDIT: I think how it's been done so far is a bit clumsy (making you replay the boring/foregone conclusion part of the Spindle mission, unexplained dead ends in SS), but they'll get better at that.

I REALLY hate that once those things are "turned on" they get snatched back at the end of the day. It's antithetical to the whole "real life compatible" theme.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Hey Gaf, if I have Destiny installed from the disc currently, but I bought the Digital TTK CE, which should contain a digital copy of the base game, can I uninstall the disc version of the game and just download a digital copy?

Schryver

Guess I will find out tonight but I have been playing every day and don't think I have all 4 rifle drops yet. Only recall turning in 2 of them. That would be shitty

Kyne

Hey Gaf, if I have Destiny installed from the disc currently, but I bought the Digital TTK CE, which should contain a digital copy of the base game, can I uninstall the disc version of the game and just download a digital copy?

yeah you shouldn't have a problem doing that.

GutZ31

Not only can you, but you should. The disc can be sold, or kept for collection purposes.
You could run into issues if you do not uninstall disc based data before installing digital download version.

Shit raid loot, again

Shards, no ghost
Sublime engram. shards
Boots shit stats/perks and lower than mine, shards
Shards
300 bond, AR for infusing, shards

After all this time (strikes, raids etc) I've only had 1 helmet drop above 293 light across all 3 characters, how the fuck does that work

shermas

Is there a fucking shortage on Warsats? C'mon Mars

That was grindy shit earlier today. I think I had 15 straight Kill the Targets when I got to Mars.

I ended up switching my controller back to vibrate and leaving the room so I could get some work done... I'd hear the vibration, come back in the room, help kill the VIP, then sparrow off to the next event. Repeat, repeat, repeat, repeat. Brutal.

Top Bottom