• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT34| Stop Hammer Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sajj316

Gunsmith is my new friend .. so many good weapons I've gotten from him.

Eirene RR4
Thesan FR4
JLB-47 Rocket
Immobius
Ace of Spades
Fabian Strategy
Stillpiercer
Tlaloc

I'm sending him flowers

sephi22

Y'all get that Suros rocket launcher god roll?

Hard Launch
Heavy Payload
Grenades and Horseshoes
Javelin

Since Suros legendaries only get one static perk and the option to use 2 "middle tree" perks, you can use Heavy Payload and Javelin at the same time, when normally you couldn't.

rL45cXz.png

12079099_10153019226606736_7756891772195311467_n.jpg

I've got it. Too bad its wasted on me. I tried it in IB but still don't see why I should use a RL instead of a machine gun. Fairly new to PvP so still learning

At least I finally finished my Gunslinger quest.

You need get
  • 7 kills in rapid succession in PvE, Triple Tap required
  • 7 headshot kills in single PvP match, deaths won't reset progress
Thanks, I got the PvP one. Will wake the Hive.

Neither. You need to get 7 precision kills in one game of crucible. Dying does not reset it.

I was talking about the Seven Kill Sprees part, not the Crucible Precision kills. Did that already. Was wondering why the other one wasn't moving at all.

Klyka

Banned
Looking for 3 more people to raid King's Fall.
Must be 310 Light, must have Touch of Malice, must be experienced, must have Carlton dance emote, must have AT LEAST 15000 silver on them (require screenshot)!
PM xxXDattodoesDestinyDLCXxx

I've got it. Too bad its wasted on me. I tried it in IB but still don't see why I should use a RL instead of a machine gun. Fairly new to PvP so still learning

Rockets are dead. G&H nerfed, blast radius nerfed, tracking nerfed....

I was talking about the Seven Kill Sprees part, not the Crucible Precision kills. Did that already. Was wondering why the other one wasn't moving at all.

Ah okay. Siege of warming is easier.

PuMa

Yeah fast reload and rate of fire are perfect. High impact, but the perk that makes it is Rifled Barrel, the range on it is silly. I have an Arc for PvP with close encounter and army of one and the range tapers off pretty fast.

Awesome. I think I have Rifled Barrel actually.

Afrocious

Bad Juju is very good for IB.

That's what I'm thinking, too. However, I'm torn between spending 150 Marks on Bad Juju Y2 or The Hacksaw. Anyone have any input?

I had the Apple of Discord for a while, but I don't think it was up to snuff. I'm trying to find a good archetype of gun to use in PvP and I haven't been able to find a good pulse rifle to try out.

It's 7 headshot kills with the hand cannon (that's terrible). Not as easy as it seems. Got 6 a few times when the match ended. :/

You'd probably have an easier time bringing a friend into Rumble that'll allow you to kill them. I mean, that's only if you enjoy scrubbing bathtubs.

My bathroom is clean as fuck so you'd know what I'd do.

lt519

Got a couple cool medals I hadn't seen last night, or hadn't noticed popping before:

The Cycle: Kill with Primary, Secondary, Heavy, Melee, Super, and Grenade in a match
Phantom: 7 kills without taking damage

exYle

Gunsmith is my new friend .. so many good weapons I've gotten from him.

Eirene RR4
Thesan FR4
JLB-47 Rocket
Immobius
Ace of Spades
Fabian Strategy
Stillpiercer
Tlaloc

I'm sending him flowers

Where's the Susanoo love?

How did Fabian Strategy make it in before Susanoo?!

PuMa

Quick BASE STAT comparison: Villainy vs. Nirwen's Mercy

igEiFFB.png

Villainy is very solid especially with the FWC vendor stock roll, but it feels just a tad "clunky" to me. Maybe it's just because I've been trying more of these mid-impact tier Pulse Rifles recently (dat PDX41). Either way, that roll on NM just looks too good to pass up. Worth a try at the very least.

zewone

12079099_10153019226606736_7756891772195311467_n.jpg

The reason being that a machine gun has the potential for more kills, you're also much more susceptible to being killed as the time to kill with a HMG is slower than a RL.

A rocket launcher allows you to fire and forget. It's easier to use. Fire once and it's a high chance the guy is going to die.

RL vs. HMG - 9/10 times the RL user is going to kill the HMG guy.

And even if you die while firing your rocket, since you only need to fire once, the other guy is probably dead too.

My sweet sweet Hawksaw and my new found love for Ruin Wake after IB last night. I really need to find a Ruin Wake roll with Rifled Barrel and something better than Grenadier. The low life perk is amazing for crucible, it has saved me multiple times.

I got a Ruin Wake drop two weeks ago, but I've yet to use it. It's nice to hear that it's pretty decent. I think I'll infuse my blue rocket launcher into it.

Klyka

Banned
A friend of mine is having huge problems with the update on his PS4.
It just keeps telling him the "data is corrupt" and stops the download at 99%.

Anyone have an idea what to do?

Anyone looking to get some raids done sometime around the weekend? I need to look for a group as my main group is raiding too early for me due to different schedules. I have 3 characters raid ready and would prefer to play with people from GAF, as I haven't yet, instead of LFG.

I play on PS4 and am in PST.

Got a couple cool medals I hadn't seen last night, or hadn't noticed popping before:

The Cycle: Kill with Primary, Secondary, Heavy, Melee, Super, and Grenade in a match
Phantom: 7 kills without taking damage

Oooh I got The Cycle a few times before and couldn't remember what it was for. Nice.

EL CUCO

I'm skipping on that Suros RL from the Gunsmith. Tripod or bust. Thankfully I got a 310 Truth last week, and TBH that Suros is almost identical to Vertigo.

I think overall I'm going to start transitioning to HMG. More bang for your buck. Trials will still be Truth though.

I had a Data is Corrupt issue with Hulu last week. I had to delete the save file to fix it.

Shito

I had this yesterday, yes.
I deleted the update, and manually restarted it from the Destiny "tile" (press option while on it, there's a "check for updates" line). It only deleted this particular update, not the 17Go one, and everything went fine the second time around.

Might be an issue with the hard drive of his ps4, or he may need to download the whole game/TTK expansion from scratch.

Best case just delete the update, reboot ps4 and try again.

That's the way it worked in the past, if I'm understanding correctly. I guess we'll see on Sunday!

There weren't IB Weeklies before though. So sitting on IB Dailies seems counter-productive when you could just be completing as much as possible every day to earn more overall.

I mean it could work like that, sure. Just seems odd.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
I hate the sights on the vendor Villany. They're so obstructive. Any pulse rifle with those metal blinders on the top are such a problem for me. There's so much crap covering up what I'm trying to shoot at.

chur

There weren't IB Weeklies before though. So sitting on IB Dailies seems counter-productive when you could just be completing as much as possible every day to earn more overall.

I mean it could work like that, sure. Just seems odd.
You turn in the dailies each day but save the weeklies until later.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

Afrocious

I'm weak for picking up that test gun last week that required Fallen Captain kills. I can farm for a few hours to get my exotic swords, and I can mass-murder Taken in under 10 minutes, but telling me to go find and kill Fallen Captains evokes my inner IDGAF sentiment.

Trakan

Weird, looks viable to me. He was using that weapon in an incredibly frustrating way for the observer :p It rewards you for continuing to use up the entire mag after you get a precision kill, he doesn't even come close to taking advantage a single time. And he finished with 20 kills 5 deaths nonetheless.

It's a bad perk IMO, having 3-5 shots left after a kill in an 8 round mag isn't much.

You turn in the dailies each day but save the weeklies until later.

You misunderstood. The post I was replying to said, "That's the way it worked before" referring to people sitting on bounties until later in the week to turn them in for more rep. But before there were only dailies.. so I was saying that if people did that before, it would seem counter-productive.

That's separate from my skepticism that the weeklies will give more rep if turned in later.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
Weird, looks viable to me. He was using that weapon in an incredibly frustrating way for the observer :p It rewards you for continuing to use up the entire mag after you get a precision kill, he doesn't even come close to taking advantage a single time. And he finished with 20 kills 5 deaths nonetheless.

Yeah, that impact plus those perks makes it seem really cool. I'm still excited for it. Screw this debbie downer stuff.

Tovarisc

I'm weak for picking up that test gun last week that required Fallen Captain kills. I can farm for a few hours to get my exotic swords, and I can mass-murder Taken in under 10 minutes, but telling me to go find and kill Fallen Captains evokes my inner IDGAF sentiment.

Mothyards, Cosmodrome. At the door of the building that leads into Skywatch / where we meet Hive first time and in tunnel right below that spot. 1-2 captains with short respawn timer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom