• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT34| Stop Hammer Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love my collectors edition ghost from year 1.

Please Bungie let me infuse the damn thing, the option is there but it does not work..
Sick of seeing this taken one now, cool at first but it gets a bit shit after 4 weeks.

Raybunny

Ray pls! I have two but at 300 and 304.
Would've traded a 310 4th Horseman for a 310 ghost with you, but since you finally have one...

Got ghosts from 300 to 310. Trading is just but a dream in Destiny and rightfully so.

Regarding the 4th Horseman. Indeed now that I got my first, the others keep popping like mushrooms. They came from a dream to reality and now to infusion material.

I have the same number of ghosts now, lol.

Dismantled one leveled up ghost for 5 marks even.

...but do you have a 310 ghost? :p

One little ghost 302 light
Chases 3 304 in sight
Followed by a 305
306 has nothing in mind
307 doesn't care
For 310 has all the flair!

the210

Anyone got any Armor drop from IB yet?

I got the Wolf cloak but thats about it... Have not seen any armor drop yet for anyone

I got boots, pulse rifle and the warlock bond so far. I've seen others get the boots as well but I haven't seen anything drop he isn't selling

maomaoIYP

The new bounty system is terrible and is designed purely to keep us grinding as long as possible. The old system was 800 (iirc) per day, the weekly bounties are good but they need to be put in as late as possible to be effective

Looking at the available gear the pulse is probably the only thing I want so going forward I probably won't touch it much http://planetdestiny.com/trials-iron-banner-gear/

Yo trout are you doing trials on Friday?

nOoblet16

one well aimed bow shot from a nightstalker cancels out all of their supers

checkmate titans

One blind bow shot can cancel out all of their supers, yes, because if one of those titans see you then you are already dead the moment your hand reaches for that arrow.
Not saying what you are describing can't happen, but the vast majority of the time the sunbreakers will win. ^^

Sunbreakers will win almost every single time, unless they don't see the hunter.
The reason for this being the suppression isn't immediate but rather it starts suppressing after the 1 second delay after the shot lands. The Shadowshot is one of the slowest supers in the game because of the time it takes for the chargeup animation before each shot and the time it takes for the suppression to activate once it hits a target.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Sunbreakers will win almost every single time, unless they don't see the hunter.
The reason for this being the suppression isn't immediate but rather it starts suppressing after the 1 second delay after the shot lands. The Shadowshot is one of the slowest supers in the game because of the time it takes for the chargeup animation before each shot and the time it takes for the suppression to activate once it hits a target.

Yeah...

honestly, if hammers weren't automatic 1hk even on splash - then i'd probably find a way to deal a bit better

but what the fuck

pls

maomaoIYP

Yeah...

honestly, if hammers weren't automatic 1hk even on splash - then i'd probably find a way to deal a bit better

but what the fuck

pls
I'd be ok if it was changed to 2 hammers to kill on splash, 1 on direct hit.
I might be able to live with the ridiculous damage resist in this scenario.

rc213

Can I get the Wolf hat for my hunter to drop while using my Titan?

Also, Final match of the night was crucible at its finest.

6 randoms matched up against a full fireteam. Great...

Rustlands, Take C alone, Everyone takes B they all come to C, We take A. Full fireteam bails. We get the whole map for a whole 2 minutes before people finally start loading up just after Heavy drop.
Poor Souls, No one had mercy.

rc213

That's interesting. All my characters are around 3 now and I've only got the Warlock bond. I'll see what happens for rank 3 and 4

drops are for the class

Blah that stinks, Guess I'll run my Hunter starting on Sunday hopefully my Titan is atlevel 5 for that buff.

my strat for dealing with sunbreakers in crucible is to run like hell in the opposite direction.

Usually you hear the hammer / anvil sound from around a corner so you have a second
RRUUUUUNNNNNN

I have to say my favourite moment in Destiny Crucible is making a Sunbreaker waste his whole super while I kept blinking around a big ass pile of wreckage.

Silly Titan. You can't catch a Hunter if he sees/hears you coming. :p

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
Is shadowshot glitch still I thing? I think I'm just going to skip IB now. I was excited to try out Trials but PvP in general seems a bit pointless right now.

Edit: okay yeah it is. Guess I'll check back another time. Have a great time those who are playing!

sephi22

12094756_10153020117161736_7210315513337106918_o.jpg

Had 2 blue engrams. Rahool turned one into the Hawksaw. With Hammer Forged and Hand-Laid Stock.

I have the god weapon in IB. Was using the pictured Apple of Discord first and while its solid the Hawksaw DESTROYS people. All its missing is Headseeker instead of its current perk but whatever I'm happy with what I got

Bradach

Sounds great man!

edit: Today's daily heroic is Lost to Light. Grab your spindles guardians. Should be easier to do it now that a lot of us have exotic swords, but not sure if it is worth it.

The spindle mission?!

Right, that's what I'm doing tonight. I'm not leaving there without it.

LiK

Sounds great man!

edit: Today's daily heroic is Lost to Light. Grab your spindles guardians. Should be easier to do it now that a lot of us have exotic swords, but not sure if it is worth it.

Isn't just a 290 gun now? Not worth the trouble.

maomaoIYP

Isn't just a 290 gun now? Not worth the trouble.

Yeah it is, but I think there are still lots of guardians who missed it the first 2 times round. I know I won't do it again ever though. Not even the chance of getting a Vienna Singer is worth going through it again.

In another note, I noticed that Mayhem Rumble is still listed on Bungie.net as the weekly crucible playlist with the promise of legendary marks, guardians who need the free extra marks remember to grab those!

Impulsor

The spindle mission?!

Right, that's what I'm doing tonight. I'm not leaving there without it.

Same. As soon as I get home I'll be doing that. I have the dark drinker and the bolt caster. I managed to down the boss by myself with the dark drinker before. Should be easier with the bolt caster though.

I'm doing it till I get the ship.

geordiemp

I'm skipping Trials. I don't wanna deal with Shadowshot glitch. It's so bad in IB already.

I play Gunslinger when i play hunter, so no idea what this is.

How do I recognise is so I can report it ?

Found it at gamestop, damn, just in time for trials.

Bradach

Any pro tips to get the black spindle?

What class would you recommend?

I only have the legendary swords but a couple of the others I usually play with have the exotic ones

Same. As soon as I get home I'll be doing that. I have the dark drinker and the bolt caster. I managed to down the boss by myself with the dark drinker before. Should be easier with the bolt caster though.

I'm doing it till I get the ship.

Cool. They're the exotic swords right? I still have work to do on those quests. Too much to do!!

You'll know

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoxrhSXUras

I only have the legendary swords but a couple of the others I usually play with have the exotic ones

clear adds and blights damage boss, rinse repeat. Just go wild with swords clearing everything asap

Shito

If you see a hunter shooting 1354613216 arrows, you can report him. :)

Speedrun the mission up until the last room, and then deal with the blights first and ASAP!
Then thin out the adds, hurt the boss who will spawn some more blights, and repeat...
[EDIT] Oh, and abuse of the supers. Ideally you should be feeding orbs to each others.

Zoidberg

Get in the room and be very aggressive, never stay in the doorway. Ignore the boss and clear adds and taken bubbles first and focus on boss inbetween gaps in adds.

If you have a titan, melting point the boss and have everyone go to town with swords once you start on him, he doesn't have any sort of stomp/insta-gib ability

JonCha

Appears I am one of many that the latest update is taking an age to download for. Here's
Hoping I don't have to download 18GB like other folks.

1. Reach the room with AT LEAST 6 minutes to spare (7 would be preferable).
2. Defender Titan, Sunbreaker and ArcLock seem to me to be the best team.
3. Our main strat was to get rid of Blights ASAP, then go ham on the Boss. Once the second wave of blights appeared, the ArcLock and Sunbreaker went ham on the adds and Blights with their supers. Then go back to wailing on the boss with swords.
4. Use Defender Bubble as and when required with the Armour of Light.

Our strategy with the boss was the suicidal brute force one, i.e., keep wailing on him till he kills you or you kill him. We were able to save a few revives by running for cover every now and then if we thought we it wouldn't be a waste of time.

Bradach

clear adds and blights damage boss, rinse repeat. Just go wild with swords clearing everything asap

Speedrun the mission up until the last room, and then deal with the blights first and ASAP!
Then thin out the adds, hurt the boss who will spawn some more blights, and repeat...
[EDIT] Oh, and abuse of the supers. Ideally you should be feeding orbs to each others.

Get in the room and be very aggressive, never stay in the doorway. Ignore the boss and clear adds and taken bubbles first and focus on boss inbetween gaps in adds.

If you have a titan, melting point the boss and have everyone go to town with swords once you start on him, he doesn't have any sort of stomp/insta-gib ability

Thanks lads, if I only have the legendary swords should I use that or go with something like truth instead?

1. Reach the room with AT LEAST 6 minutes to spare (7 would be preferable).
2. Defender Titan, Sunbreaker and ArcLock seem to me to be the best team.
3. Our main strat was to get rid of Blights ASAP, then go ham on the Boss. Once the second wave of blights appeared, the ArcLock and Sunbreaker went ham on the adds and Blights with their supers. Then go back to wailing on the boss with swords.
4. Use Defender Bubble as and when required with the Armour of Light.

Our strategy with the boss was the suicidal brute force one, i.e., keep wailing on him till he kills you or you kill him. We were able to save a few revives by running for cover every now and then if we thought we it wouldn't be a waste of time.

Thanks, I was wondering about the sub classes. Good to know what's a good time to be entering the final room. Can the boss be blinded in a bubble by any chance?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom