• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT34| Stop Hammer Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBowen

Sat alone in a boggy marsh
So im a complete newb just got this game ( taken king edition whatever) and. My guys level 3 and im just about to leave the tower on my first mission. Is there no way to search for a party of people my level and join them ? All i see are level 40's :/

LiK

I can't kill shit right now. And Nightstalker glitch is so bad right now. Didn't see it earlier.

Sorry to my IB train for being an anchor.

Is Shores of Time, Memento, Drifter, or Firebase Delphi in the IB rotation or nah, cuz it seems pretty funny to include basura like Vertigo which is probs the worst map in this game outside of the PS leftover maps, but not include those others which can actually be fun.

So im a complete newb just got this game ( taken king edition whatever) and. My guys level 3 and im just about to leave the tower on my first mission. Is there no way to search for a party of people my level and join them ? All i see are level 40's :/

Unfortunately not. However the leveling is a fast and easy process though so it shouldn't take you more than a few hours. If you desperately want people to team up with you can try /r/fireteams on reddit, but many people on gaf are already at the stage of having all three characters at level 40, so you may struggle to find a leveling group here.

TheBowen

Sat alone in a boggy marsh
Unfortunately not. However the leveling is a fast and easy process though so it shouldn't take you more than a few hours. If you desperately want people to team up with you can try /r/fireteams on reddit, but many people on gaf are already at the stage of having all three characters at level 40, so you may struggle to find a leveling group here.

That utterly sucks. Raid game without matchmaking :/ oh well. Played borderlands on my own, this seems fun but man does that suck ass.

Future

yes , hope they nerf Hammerbros soon, it's just ridiculous and not fun

And to think people used to bitch about blade dancers. Bungie made hammer time like a blade dancer on steroids. The one super that no matter the range you feel like a fool if you try to shoot them. And then you try anyway, thinking just maybe...

Nope. Hammer time too op

That Shadowshot glitch is ridiculous. Guess I may just stay out of IB until it is fixed and just ToC grind using the 34 PoE.

Imagine if Graviton Forfeit is one of the items Xur has tomorrow.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Unfortunately not, the best way is to post on here or the thread on gaming to see if anyone else is at the same stage or destinylfg

I can't remember but how did Bungie deal with the ashes to assets bug, didn't they let it be known the ban hammer would fall before they fixed it?

Edit I only managed to kill one sunbreaker during there super last night, and that was Lik :d

Sorry Lik :p

Shito

one well aimed bow shot from a nightstalker cancels out all of their supers

checkmate titans
One blind bow shot can cancel out all of their supers, yes, because if one of those titans see you then you are already dead the moment your hand reaches for that arrow.
Not saying what you are describing can't happen, but the vast majority of the time the sunbreakers will win. ^^

LiK

Unfortunately not, the best way is to post on here or the thread on gaming to see if anyone else is at the same stage or destinylfg

I can't remember but how did Bungie deal with the ashes to assets bug, didn't they let it be known the ban hammer would fall before they fixed it?

Edit I only managed to kill one sunbreaker during there super last night, and that was Lik :d

Sorry Lik :p

That's okay, I forgot to max my armor. Try again in the future :p

And to think people used to bitch about blade dancers. Bungie made hammer time like a blade dancer on steroids. The one super that no matter the range you feel like a fool if you try to shoot them. And then you try anyway, thinking just maybe...

Nope. Hammer time too op

There's your problem, you gotta run unless you out man them 3-1

One blind bow shot can cancel out all of their supers, yes, because if one of those titans see you then you are already dead the moment your hand reaches for that arrow.
Not saying what you are describing can't happen, but the vast majority of the time the sunbreakers will win. ^^

Just have the OP radiance lock run interference and distract them.

deoee

one well aimed bow shot from a nightstalker cancels out all of their supers

checkmate titans

Nope, not for me.

I'm using the bow and they laugh at me. I shot one titan twice with it and he just tanked past it and threw hammers left and right activating his regen instantly and burning everything.

Haven't played a single game of IB yet.

Now only if that hunter cape ends up in my inventory or at the postmaster somehow.

My man, join the club. Not even going to bother. Probably saves me a lot of frustration as well. I can still do well after 2.0, but I don't have fun in PvP anymore.

Impulsor

I can't be bothered to do IB, the items are 280. My hunter raid cloak is 307 and I'm 309. Don't have the patience to start infusing stuff into the IB cloak anyways.

My man, join the club. Not even going to bother. Probably saves me a lot of frustration as well. I can still do well after 2.0, but I don't have fun in PvP anymore.

I might play a bit later in the week when the tempered buff is stronger = less matches for rank 3 and the cape. Don't see a point in getting to rank 5 for the PR since almost everyone will have it and be using it.

For some reason IB isn't pulling me in this time. I don't like the new maps, I can't find the right weapons I would be comfortable with, and I preferred the old bounty system.
But most of all, for me, IB needs a better reason to play. Etheric Light was a great motivator - I grinded my three characters to lvl5 on three different Iron Banners and bought everything.
Now there is no reason to bother. If the gear that IB offered was 310, then at least I would go for it to get infusion fodder. Aesthetics just isn't enough for me, especially if its just some boots that are guaranteed.

the210

Noreen's mercy just dropped for me in iron banner but the stats don't seem any better then villainy. The perks on the drop seem worse than the one that's for sale. My drop has glass half full and partial refund as its main perks. Is there supposed to be something special about this gun?

For some reason IB isn't pulling me in this time. I don't like the new maps, I can't find the right weapons I would be comfortable with, and I preferred the old bounty system.
But most of all, for me, IB needs a better reason to play. Etheric Light was a great motivator - I grinded my three characters to lvl5 on three different Iron Banners and bought everything.
Now there is no reason to bother. If the gear that IB offered was 310, then at least I would go for it to get infusion fodder. Aesthetics just isn't enough for me, especially if its just some boots that are guaranteed.

The new bounty system is terrible and is designed purely to keep us grinding as long as possible. The old system was 800 (iirc) per day, the weekly bounties are good but they need to be put in as late as possible to be effective

Looking at the available gear the pulse is probably the only thing I want so going forward I probably won't touch it much http://planetdestiny.com/trials-iron-banner-gear/

maomaoIYP

Is Shores of Time, Memento, Drifter, or Firebase Delphi in the IB rotation or nah, cuz it seems pretty funny to include basura like Vertigo which is probs the worst map in this game outside of the PS leftover maps, but not include those others which can actually be fun.

Drifter is kind of a terrible map for 6v6 if you ask me, and people bitch a lot about shotguns as it stands.
I played Vertigo 5 times out of 8 games last night, with a few back to back matches. I actually like Vertigo. It is super easy to hold A & C with just a few smart players: for example: https://www.bungie.net/en/Legend/PGCR?instanceId=3936866847&characterId=2305843009313686336
It was a close match and only 2 people on my side went positive, but I had a super easy time holding both A & C.

Raybunny

Ghosts for sell! HEre HEre everyone.

Ghosts for sell!

ghosts.jpg

I have to say I do not need to complain about ghost drops.

Bradach

my strat for dealing with sunbreakers in crucible is to run like hell in the opposite direction.

Usually you hear the hammer / anvil sound from around a corner so you have a second
RRUUUUUNNNNNN

Shito

Yeah, they should offer more paths than just the raid to get +300 gear.
The motivation for doing the raids should be great perks on the gear it gives, not just the only way to go past 300.

my strat for dealing with sunbreakers in crucible is to run like hell in the opposite direction.

Usually you hear the hammer / anvil sound from around a corner so you have a second
RRUUUUUNNNNNN
That's the common sense strategy to deal with this, yeah, but it shows how much broken that super is.
Nobody should argue that running away from a super is a totally fine and a valid counter to it: not only is it boring and dull for the player that has to flee, but it's also super lame for the guy using his super.
I don't wanna play Evolve! ^^

The new bounty system is terrible and is designed purely to keep us grinding as long as possible. The old system was 800 (iirc) per day, the weekly bounties are good but they need to be put in as late as possible to be effective

Looking at the available gear the pulse is probably the only thing I want so going forward I probably won't touch it much http://planetdestiny.com/trials-iron-banner-gear/

Wait, the new trials armor is just a reskin of the old trials armor? Just a different color palette? Wow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom