• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT34| Stop Hammer Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

noomi

I did the Black Spindle Mission 3 times on all my characters before but ever got that awesome looking ship....

Wonder if it can still drop for me if I keep trying, anyone get one recently?

Tovarisc

I can just run away with my hunter, sure if you are right next to him your dead.. but if you hear him and he is around the corner, run. then get some snipes in and run again or just keep running and you will be safe.

Something is fucked up somewhere if best counter to enemy ability in PvP is to run away as fast as you can, and pray he doesn't find you.

Acidote

In an ideal situation sure but the Sunbreaker is blatantly OP.

1) It can survive a golden gun shot if they spec max armor.

2) They can spam upwards of 6 hammers during their super.

3) If one of those flying hammers kills an opponent they get their health back.

4) They can survive a headshot from a sniper.

Gunslingers are now technically limited to 3 GG shots. Sunbreakers get twice as many, get a buff in armor and don't have to aim as precisely as a Gunslinger has to.

Bladedancers take a high risk approach as they can die pretty easily to a shotgun blast and have to get close to opponents to actually kill them.

I'm just failing to see how Sunbreakers in their current state are not considered OP.

I was speaking about this last night. I golden gunned a sunbreaker and he survived, he hammered someone down and survived my second golden gun shot too. The third shot finally did it. I think that's just too much.

I was doing my Daily PvP for Marks, and thought to myself. "I bet today is a Spindle Day considering I took yesterday off and today I planned on hitting IB full force again." And sure enough it is. Guess Iron Banner will have to wait until Saturday. Black Spindle Sherpa is open for business.

Send me a PM if you want to get on the waiting list.

This still going on?

Gunslingers are now technically limited to 3 GG shots. Sunbreakers get twice as many, get a buff in armor and don't have to aim as precisely as a Gunslinger has to.

Bladedancers take a high risk approach as they can die pretty easily to a shotgun blast and have to get close to opponents to actually kill them.

I'm just failing to see how Sunbreakers in their current state are not considered OP.

Totally agreed.

At a minimum they should only be able to get 3 hammers off.

Even still, that would be OP considering if you compare it to say a warlocks Nova Bomb which is a single use and where it's easy to kill them/dodge it before they set it off.

In one, its ridiculous when set against the most comparable super (Golden Gun). People will find out how effective• running away is in Trials

•It won't be

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
This unlimited Voidwalker Shadow Shot glitch that's being abused in IB sure is something.. Didn't think there was anything more annoying than Sunbreakers but here it is.

Bogeypop

This still going on?

It goes all day until reset and Lost to Light is no longer the Daily Story Mission. Send me a PM with your PSN ID to get on the list if you need help.

Spindle Group #2 Complete. Ready for the next pair! Anyone interested in being helped obtain a Black Spindle PM me, and I will get to you shortly. I've got Born2Live ready and waiting, just need a third person.

This unlimited Voidwalker Shadow Shot glitch that's being abused in IB sure is something.. Didn't think there was anything more annoying than Sunbreakers but here it is.

Just think if the nightstalker uses "Predator" modifier on top of using the unlimited Shadow Shot glitch. He could, theoretically, tie up the whole of enemy team all over the map.

*SHUDDERS*

I was speaking about this last night. I golden gunned a sunbreaker and he survived, he hammered someone down and survived my second golden gun shot too. The third shot finally did it. I think that's just too much.

Yeah sure, they have some stuff thats crazy but I guess what I meant is that its easy to get away from them.. I dont feel its breaking the game.

but maybe they could just limit the time they can have the super up..that would be enough I would think.

Leading score by 200 with 10 seconds to go. Warlock pops his super and rides it to victory.

I hate this. I don't even like pvp, I just want to finish this objective.

Dunlop

Finally have a bit of time to play before work and update screen just stays at 0% been over an hour now
Any ideas or do I need to redownload the game? I can't remember if Destiny is where I had to do that before

Namikaze1

So I decided to do some testing on my own. I see people saying Titans should have less hammers to throw. I wanted to see just how many hammers they throw with and without Forgemaster on (you know the perk that gives them more hammers)

Here are my results:

With Forgemaster, I was able to throw 7 (it can be 8 if you time it just right) in PvE. In PvP, 4-6 due to spending having to run around a bit to find folks.

Without Forgemaster, I was able to throw 5. In PvP, it was 3-4 due to the same reason above.

Again, those are my results.

GlamFM

Banned
Finally have a bit of time to play before work and update screen just stays at 0% been over an hour now
Any ideas or do I need to redownload the game? I can't remember if Destiny is where I had to do that before

It´s checking your installed files and patches. That can take a while. Is there possibly another game downloading right now?

There was a big Rocket League update. If so, stop that and restart your machine.

Tovarisc

So I decided to do some testing on my own. I see people saying Titans should have less hammers to throw. I wanted to see just how many hammers they throw with and without Forgemaster on (you know the perk that gives them more hammers)

Here are my results:

With Forgemaster, I was able to throw 7 (it can be 8 if you time it just right) in PvE. In PvP, 4-6 due to spending having to run around a bit to find folks.

Without Forgemaster, I was able to throw 5. In PvP, it was 3-4 due to the same reason above.

Amount of hammers isn't that huge and imo not really the issue with sunbreaker in the end. It's how indestructible they become moment they stack up on armor stat and put on Cauterize perk, amount of firepower needed to take down one sunbreaker at that point is ludicrous. Then they happen to kill someone and get all HP back because fuck you for trying to kill sunbreaker.

OHK hammers by themselves would so much less annoying thing if sunbreaker wasn't able to take insane amounts of damage and have Paladin levels of self healing.

Here are my results:

Cool.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"

It checks the hash of the existing downloaded data, it takes a while to scan 18gb, once it's done it will then download the remaining new patch data ~500mb worth.

Born2Live

It goes all day until reset and Lost to Light is no longer the Daily Story Mission. Send me a PM with your PSN ID to get on the list if you need help.

Spindle Group #2 Complete. Ready for the next pair! Anyone interested in being helped obtain a Black Spindle PM me, and I will get to you shortly. I've got Born2Live ready and waiting, just need a third person.

Anyone for Black Spindle mission?

We're waiting for one more. Send Bogey a PM.

Ty

Does anyone have a link to a picture of every exotic weapon blueprint unlocked on the screen?

I'm curious what ones I'm missing and what the method to the lay out is.

For instance, does each type of exotic sword go up there?

Tecnniqe

Banned
Ill join your trainx
Cool need 3 more if its possible at this time
At work bored seeing people playing destiny.. makes me sad :(

get

For the bounty?

I git beat by 60 points yesterday.

Salty as fuck doe.

The thing is is that I'm not good at the game, so who knows how many chances like that I'll get. I've been playing for nearly 18 hours straight at this point just trying to get that one bounty done and only gotten close twice now.

I can see why Iron Banner is what made me quit the game last time I played.

noomi

Does anyone have a link to a picture of every exotic weapon blueprint unlocked on the screen?

I'm curious what ones I'm missing and what the method to the lay out is.

For instance, does each type of exotic sword go up there?

We are still missing a few weapons, no time to explain and maybe one more?

The exotic swords do show up in the blueprint kiosk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom