• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT34| Stop Hammer Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyne

it's sad that Year 2 Destiny seemed to abandon the vehicular warfare. Kinda wished they pulled a Halo and just put some flying machines out there.. at least for the story missions.

Couple of things I'd like to see added to ole Destino to shake things up a bit:

Raid Vendor
The raid vendor will store blueprints of raid weapons and gear earned across your account through all raids in Destiny. You can dismantle any of your favorite raid guns and gear and retrieve them at any time for a cost TBD. The raid vendor will also offer the following buffs that can be purchased at any time, once per week, per account:

- Buff that allows you to replay any raid and earn loot at each boss again for a character that's already completed the raid for that week
- Buff that allows for a double drop from a single boss' loot pool
- Armor buff or Weapon buff; 2 separate buffs that will increase your chances of either an armor piece or a weapon will drop from a boss' loot pool while active

I also personally wouldn't mind if the Raid Vendor also offered 1 armor piece or 1 weapon piece for sale, purchasable only by using a consumable earned in the raid (similar to Variks). Maybe at 305 light vs the cap. Gear would only be offered from the latest raid (no VoG or CE items).

I've thought about "Raid Challenges/Bounties" but this probably wouldn't be a good idea. Similar to how most PvP bounties are a bad idea in general.

Legendary Challenges
Legendary Challenges encourage players to experience the PvE game in ways they're not typically used to in Destiny's activities. Encouraging more difficult playstyles to test a player's ability to overcome scenarios they have grown accustomed to conquering with relative ease in the past.

The Bounty Tracker will offer 3 each week, each of which offers you a selection of rewards upon completion. Finishing all 3 in a given week guarantees a random exotic drop, 290-310 light. Limited to 1 completion per account.

3 of the following selected at random each week:

- Complete a weekly heroic strike without firing a special weapon
- Complete the Nightfall strike in 18 minutes or less
- Finish a daily heroic mission with at least 100 kills, 0 deaths
- Complete a level 40+ strike without using any subclass abilities to damage/kill any enemies (aka no melees while charged, no grenades, no supers)
- Complete any strike from the Director's menu, solo, while being at least 15 light below the recommended level throughout the entire activity
- Finish a level 36+ strike with a fireteam where the only damage dealt to the final boss is dealt by using supers only
- Complete the daily mission, solo, by using only your primary weapon and abilities to damage/kill enemies
- Complete a Nightfall strike with a fireteam consisting only of matching elemental weapons and subclass abilities (all guns and subclasses must be only void, solar or arc) - kinetic excluded

*Rewards: Selection of 3 "quality" drops including one of the following:

- RNG Legendary Weapon or Armor Piece
- 15 Pack of Coins
- Glimmer package worth 10k (like amethyst)
- Legendary Mark Package worth 15 marks
- Materials Package (150 weapon parts, 150 relic iron, 150 armor parts, etc)

Would use the same reward screen as this, but include the options above, selected at random:

All these ideas are pretty good. Those bounties seem kind of tough but I guess that's the point. As long as you couldn't fuck it up on accident. (Ex: hitting the boss with the wrong damage)

I've heard nothing but bad things. I'm on the Arkham Knight step or whatever that's called. The regular Sol Edge has been doing me wonders so I haven't really tried to go any further yet :X
I am a quest/step ahead of you. According to Reddit, the next part is either 500 pve kills or 100 pvp with a solar subclass and find 10 special helium drops which is a very rare drop that are only obtainable from farming old school. 30 mins and I only got 1 of it.

The Crucible quest line is quite ridiculous as well. Getting sick of this shit lol
edit: misread but yes it's annoying as well. I hate doing that.

tariniel

At some point over the weekend I got lucky and got a Zhalo Supercell from an exotic engram, it came out at 290. The problem is I don't have very many weapons available to infuse (I have a 294 HC and a 298 auto rifle, both blue, which according to some calculator will put the Supercell at 297), but if I do this, then I'm pretty much forced to use the Supercell always because I won't have a comparable level weapon for whenever I want to use my 310 Dark Drinker.

What would you do in this case? Should I do it anyways? Wait to find another primary that I can use as a backup in case I need to use the sword? My next-highest heavy is a 295 rocket launcher. A friend of mine suggested since I'm a warlock I might want to save my infuses for when I finish the Tlaloc quest, but I'm not sure.

I'm also interested in finding a King's Fall learning group, but I don't really want to get carried through it either. I'd prefer for the group to have multiple learners and really learn the fights, rather than have me stumble along on an experienced groups heels. I'd also like to break it up over multiple nights because I only have 2-3 hours a night to play. If you have a group like that on PS4, please let me know.

it's sad that Year 2 Destiny seemed to abandon the vehicular warfare. Kinda wished they pulled a Halo and just put some flying machines out there.. at least for the story missions.

Destiny in general is just lacking in the vehicle department. Maybe Destiny 2...

SpecX

I just saw on planet destiny the titan IB helmet. Has this dropped for anyone? I would love to add that to my collection, but only IB items I've seen drop or have dropped for me have been the Pulse Rifle and Leg armor.

I just saw on planet destiny the titan IB helmet. Has this dropped for anyone? I would love to add that to my collection, but only IB items I've seen drop or have dropped for me have been the Pulse Rifle and Leg armor.
Aside from the sidearm as well that is all that drops... :(

purg3

slept with Malkin
Remember when Nightfalls first came out? That was HARD!

Also, are you starting from Halo 1?

I think it was week one or two when it was Summoning Pits, and it literally took us about 1h 45min to beat lol. Was one of the best feelings in a game when we finished it.

Kyne

Destiny in general is just lacking in the vehicle department. Maybe Destiny 2...

in my wildest dreams we're going to actually have customizable ships that we FLY in while we go planet to planet.

joining someone's fireteam is actually anchoring your ship to the party lead's ship. Then they have the option to man the guns on the side of your ship for the inevitable space fights.

bungie pls.

CREMSteve

At some point over the weekend I got lucky and got a Zhalo Supercell from an exotic engram, it came out at 290. The problem is I don't have very many weapons available to infuse (I have a 294 HC and a 298 auto rifle, both blue, which according to some calculator will put the Supercell at 297), but if I do this, then I'm pretty much forced to use the Supercell always because I won't have a comparable level weapon for whenever I want to use my 310 Dark Drinker.

What would you do in this case? Should I do it anyways? Wait to find another primary that I can use as a backup in case I need to use the sword? My next-highest heavy is a 295 rocket launcher. A friend of mine suggested since I'm a warlock I might want to save my infuses for when I finish the Tlaloc quest, but I'm not sure.

I'm also interested in finding a King's Fall learning group, but I don't really want to get carried through it either. I'd prefer for the group to have multiple learners and really learn the fights, rather than have me stumble along on an experienced groups heels. I'd also like to break it up over multiple nights because I only have 2-3 hours a night to play. If you have a group like that on PS4, please let me know.
Run strikes playlist, it rains blue engrams. You'll have plenty of infuse material by the end of your three hours.

Oh geez. Lol, it looks like almost everyone is disagreeing at least.

dRsv3UDF4KZ6E.gif

Haha. He does have some good points.

The drop rate on the strike specific loot is a problem. When you have big streamers dedicating hours of grinding Omnigul for a weapon...yeah that's an issue.

I think it was week one or two when it was Summoning Pits, and it literally took us about 1h 45min to beat lol. Was one of the best feelings in a game when we finished it.

Exactly! It was awesome haha. The first 3 waves of Sepkis, beating that felt great too

Mupod

So last night I couldn't sleep at all for reasons I am unsure about. In retrospect I think they cranked the heat in our building, or maybe I'm getting sick. But basically it was a night of fitful tossing and turning interspersed with weird-ass fever dreams. And they were all about this fucking game.

Like most of them were me trying to snipe people with Defiance of Yasmin on weird maps that weren't in the actual game. They looked like TF2 and Halo 3 maps. Also, the players all had yellow health bars and overshields. I kept joining matches when the enemy team had all 3 capture points and had us pinned down at our spawn location, which is pretty much how all my solo IB experiences were so I at least get that part.

It was just strange because I would wake up constantly, check the time, then try to go back to sleep. I wasn't coherent enough to fully wake up and get out of the cycle so it was just a crappy night all around. And now I have a real bad headache. I don't know if I want to play any Destiny pvp tonight...

The nightfall this week is an absolute clusterfuck given the rewards. Worse than arc burn Omnigul.

as annoying as it was (fuck those captains) I enjoyed having to actually strategize to beat the first encounter. It took a few wipes but we even beat it with 3 hunters. The rest of the strike isn't hard.

Also it's funny, I was that guy who hardly ever got anything from nightfalls before TTK. If not for gaf discussion I would not have known they could drop exotics. But now I have had decent luck. At least one 310 exotic a week between 3 clears, and they are always 310. So I make sure to do them.

So last night after beating some guys we got into shit talking via PSN messages.

I guess he ended up posting my gamertag on destinyLFG.net .

It stated I had an Oryx checkpoint and I was willing to sherpa anyone to a win.

Needless to say my PSN messages blew up. I was getting tons every second.

I had to turn off messages and visit LFG to verify my gamertag so that something like that never happens again.

Wow.

That as an impressively effective method of trolling someone.

Strider

Yea first Sepik's NF was week one. Phogoth was week 2.

Did that first NF with a whole fire team of level 25s. Took like 2 hours. The whole thing was fun as hell tho.

Then all the randoms in the tower asked me about my flames...

I miss Y1 Nightfall :(

Tecnniqe

Banned
Remember when Nightfalls first came out? That was HARD!

Also, are you starting from Halo 1?

That was the plan yes, so far ive done Mission 1 but i missed PAR time but got PAR score so i need to do it again sometime. Coop probably speed things up a bit.

These elites take serious firepower to down.

1>2>ODST>3>4 and 5 was the plan.

Kyne

Yup.. gotta milk that shit.

hoping that they follow their old method of selling one of the things they last sold + a new item.

so next time it would be like arms + boots.

but yeah, the class item being one of the items makes me skeptical. They might actually use all 4 months to get the entire set out.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
The oddest thing about TTK end-game is how none of the raid weapons are that great. Mostly infusion fodder.

I guess they didn't want a repeat of people never getting that sweet raid weapon drop after clearing the raid a 1000 times? But that's addressing the symptom and not the root of the problem.

So last night after beating some guys we got into shit talking via PSN messages.

I had to turn off messages and visit LFG to verify my gamertag so that something like that never happens again.

Jesus man, what the hell did you do/say?! Someone was really pissed haha

You make it sound so easy :p
Oh it's hard I'm not disputing that :)
Just i found that the fastest and easiest way.
Same as pistol for hunters.

Also if you find a gun you love, just quick juggle it to keep 3 guns with you (needed to do this for the nightime level with the sniper...

Also a great trick is too put exploding grunts on, pop one and they take out their team mates half the time.
But be carful as this can chain..

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
The oddest thing about TTK end-game is how none of the raid weapons are that great. Mostly infusion fodder.

I guess they didn't want a repeat of people never getting that sweet raid weapon drop after clearing the raid a 1000 times? But that's addressing the symptom and not the root of the problem.

I use the raid scout, pulse, sniper and HMG quite a bit. The pulse is my most used gun atm.

Not going to lie, we do this too friends lol.

I dream of a Cabal raid on Mars that has a Sparrow riding section where your fireteam is escaping from an exploding building or Cabal marauders.

PuMa

Haha. He does have some good points.

The drop rate on the strike specific loot is a problem. When you have big streamers dedicating hours of grinding Omnigul for a weapon...yeah that's an issue.

Minor gripe at best. Rare things should be rare. Overall end game is still much better, imo.

Langy

Looking for 3 more for a fresh kings fall starting any min now. Ideally people who know it as i kinda need to run through it quickish. psn is Langoit add/msg me asap....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom