• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT34| Stop Hammer Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I really like the weekly bounty idea. Means I don't have to play as much to reach rank 5. This IB I just played a few matches to get my dailies done, meanwhile I had the weeklies pretty much done at Day 2. Sat on those until Sunday, turned them in and then hit Rank 5.

And the legendary marks made a good incentive to keep playing as well. And if you're rank 5 on 1 character, you can get drops on other characters from rank 0 on so that's also a nice bonus.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Taken King vs Taken King Collector's Edition, what's the difference?

LTWood12

Considering the mechanics of KF, I think HM KF will be really unfriendly to relatively inexperienced raiders/not so good players. There won't be a lot of room for error, and your team can't really make up for someone dying as easily as they could in Crota or VoG. In Crota or VoG, if someone died, everything was still doable easily. Won't really be the case in HM KF, so I expect the "experienced players only!!!" thing to get more pronounced.

Yeeeeep. I suspect HM Oryx is going to implement the 'random runner' as well just like the current sisters encounter. If that's the case it's going to be incredibly punitive in combination w/ the DPS check in the first 2/3 weeks.

Yeeeeep. I suspect HM Oryx is going to implement the 'random runner' as well just like the current sisters encounter. If that's the case it's going to be incredibly punitive in combination w/ the DPS check in the first 2/3 weeks.

I was thinking this as well. Plus some quicker timers to stages etc. as well.

Lothars

What the heck do you miss elemental primaries for? There are so few shielded enemies in the game, and those that are there are almost always better handled by a special/heavy weapon.
They were the weapons I really enjoyed using even things like word of crota. I just like having the option of an elemental primary if I can. I think it's mistake on bungies part not to have them in the game or even like someone else suggested an item that could make any primary an elemental.

Elemental weapons give you options. If you choose to use kinect weapons and infuse to 320 (or 330), that option is still available to you.

If you guys don't think elemental weapons are a necessity, you don't have to use them.
Agreed that's why I don't get the people that are against the elemental primaries. also the reason I don't see any reason to run hardmode other than the first time is because you don't need to be anything over 300 for other than hard mode.

Afrocious

Trials reward weapons have no reason to have elements on them. Don't need elemental damage to kill other players.

Raid weapons, including primaries, do. It allows players to optimize their loadouts for missions and nightfalls.

BraXzy

Which strike is the nightfall this week? I haven't even been bothered to do it but I suppose I might as well on at least one character for the chance at the Zhalo (lol RNGesus pls)

Trakan

Trials reward weapons have no reason to have elements on them. Don't need elemental damage to kill other players.

Raid weapons, including primaries, do. It allows players to optimize their loadouts for missions and nightfalls.

The reason is they're the hardest weapons in the game to obtain for 95% of the playerbase.

purg3

slept with Malkin
I was thinking this as well. Plus some quicker timers to stages etc. as well.

And Taken Captains on floating platforms all over the map spamming those darkness orbs during any of the jumping stages

In all seriousness, I've been thinking about how to make the encounters more difficult without artificially increasing it by means of just adding higher level adds. I can see some opportunities for Golgoroth, and maybe Warpriest, but the others not so much. Will be really interesting to see the changes.

zewone

A Trials player also plays PVE. He didn't get to 300+ strictly playing PVP.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

Some people just can't jump, no matter what. As in, if it's the sisters, and they are picked, it's an auto-wipe. I hope they don't add random runner to Oryx :\ I personally think jumping is easier fooling around with those angry ogres :)

Afrocious

The reason is they're the hardest weapons in the game to obtain for 95% of the playerbase.

Going by your other post, I'm guessing you're talking about ToO's reward weapons.

To your point: so what? Just give reward weapons with godly rolls and stats like Nirwen's Mercy.

Shito

Which strike is the nightfall this week? I haven't even been bothered to do it but I suppose I might as well on at least one character for the chance at the Zhalo (lol RNGesus pls)
Ironically, this week's NF is the one where the Zhalo shines the most. ^^

LTWood12

Some people just can't jump, no matter what. As in, if it's the sisters, and they are picked, it's an auto-wipe. I hope they don't add random runner to Oryx :\ I personally think jumping is easier fooling around with those angry ogres :)

By some people, you mean me :) Actually my biggest problem isn't the platforming. It's once I've got the brand I'm so disoriented as to which way is which I end up running in the wrong direction. by the time I get where I'm supposed to go eveyone is dead from waiting for me.

And Taken Captains on floating platforms all over the map spamming those darkness orbs during any of the jumping stages

In all seriousness, I've been thinking about how to make the encounters more difficult without artificially increasing it by means of just adding higher level adds. I can see some opportunities for Golgoroth, and maybe Warpriest, but the others not so much. Will be really interesting to see the changes.

Holy fuck that would be the worst thing ever! lol The blind bubbles are seriously my least favorite thing in the entire damn game... wouldnt be so bad if they couldnt just spam those fuckers at you with no delay!

maomaoIYP

Thanks to Ruthless, Drizz, Bombastico, Akai and Gongmaster for the IB train.
I laughed myself silly with this kill. Gif is kind of crappy, video is here!
yNX8EZ.gif

stb

So if you use Taikonaut with a RL with built-in tracking, it actually removes tracking?

lol Bungle pls.

I don't know how they even make some of these bugs.

If Taikonaut {rocketlauncher.tracking * -1}

How can you look at something like that and NOT see a problem with it immediately?

Edit: same thing with the losing heavy ammo bug. They were pretty obviously calculating ammo based on your previous ammo count and fucking up order of operations. Programming 101 stuff.

Edit 2: and QA? How can you NOT test the *2* possible conditions the Taikonaut's signature perk relates to? 2!

Shito

Arrrammis

Every match of IB now:

You were killed by: "Nirwin's Mercy"

Always either that, nightstalker bow, Sun breaker hammer, or Conspiracy Theory D. Everyone's kind of forgotten about that after the hunter and titan supers being out of whack, but seriously, why nerf a shotgun range perk then give everyone a shotgun with the remaining two absurd range perks for free?

93% of my losses when playing with randoms is because of heavy ammo. When it drops, people go batshit crazy over it and then everything falls apart.

1) Thy heavy daily and weekly bounty
2) Many randoms don't look at their radar / surrounding to see if anyone is close and just pull it, so it makes people more inclined to gun towards it
3) When 1 team has both heavies, a mix of RL & MG usually, you just spawn and die instantly like 5 times in a row, while they own 2/3 points at least and the game just runs away from you at that point. Not to mention super chain that usually follows.

Heavy is almost like a Sunbreaking Titan. It can be a game changer

Thanks to Ruthless, Drizz, Bombastico, Akai and Gongmaster for the IB train.
I laughed myself silly with this kill.]

Nice, new Ahamkaras are amazing, I'm forever getting double kills or kills when I've forgotten about tripmines I've placed.

Edit I've got max discipline so it's a grenade in 25 secs from empty then half that for the second

Afrocious

A lingering issue with Destiny I've had is with how PvE and PvP are too tied together in terms of progression. A way to address this would've been to allow people to get 300+ light gear via PvP, probably on a weekly basis similar to how frequent people get raid gear. From my impression, it's silly to have to wait until Bungie allows events like Trials to happen so people can get higher light PvP focused gear when the raid can be done any time of the week up to three times.

I personally think Destiny, as a first-person shooter, should allow people to treat it as an outright competitive shooter (I'm looking at this from a vacuum though because there's way too many issues and too few features to fully allow this), and at the same time allow people to ignore the PvP aspect to focus solely on PvE. I've always found it strange that there's weapons and armor obviously geared toward PvE with perks where you get more orbs from non-Guardian kills, yet there's so few perks specifically for PvP.

I liked how SWTOR did it. People could hit max level in the game by doing PvP and never raid or do dungeons at all. You were given a PvP currency that you could use to buy PvP oriented gear. In SWTOR, all PvP gear had a specific stat that was used to calculate how much damage you did to other players or how much damage you received from them. Going into PvP with PvE gear would get people not being carried murdered since PvE gear didn't have this stat. Vice versa, PvP gear in PvE would suffice for the easier content, but PvP gear had lower base stats than the PvE gear, so you wouldn't go into the hard mode raids with PvP gear or else you'd get wrecked since that PvP stat isn't calculated at all against PvE mobs.

Of course, the stats in SWTOR had actual numbers to look at instead of bars so...

phen0m24

Bungie hire Homey. :) Like it. I'm not doing anything 15 light lower but would be fun if rewards matched the challenge.
The raid vendor should just be Praedyth's pile of bones.

Did anyone else notice this? Nice GB hehe "Visit Praedyth's crypt for all your raid needs" do we need runes to buy them or do we do something out of
bloodborne? OH crap don't give them ideas

Weekly bounties make it levelling up quite nice on the last day.

On Xbox I was barely Rank 3. Played 1 game and turned in all 3 weeklies and rank 5 achieved. Now I have a legitimate Primary (Nirwin's Mercy) for Trials.

Grabs X and Grim for Trials again...

Some people just can't jump, no matter what. As in, if it's the sisters, and they are picked, it's an auto-wipe. I hope they don't add random runner to Oryx : I personally think jumping is easier fooling around with those angry ogres :)

I'm learning to jump. I forced myself with the warlock, which with the floaty jump seems easier. Here's what I do with the ogres. Following Twilight's lead, if i'm floating I stay on the top platforms and put three sniper rounds into each one's face. Those three plus whatever each platform guy does = dishes are done.

And the brand/runner guy should definitely have Touch of Malice and NOT SHOOT ORYX. Just use that unlimited ammo/double damage bullets to kill all the adds that are trying to kill all the bomb detonaters!!

ToM is so awesome in the bubble

Did anyone else notice this? Nice GB hehe "Visit Praedyth's crypt for all your raid needs" do we need runes to buy them or do we do something out of

Grabs X and Grim for Trials again...

I'm learning to jump. I forced myself with the warlock, which with the floaty jump seems easier. Here's what I do with the ogres. Following Twilight's lead, if i'm floating I stay on the top platforms and put three sniper rounds into each one's face. Those three plus whatever each platform guy does = dishes are done.

And the brand/runner guy should definitely have Touch of Malice and NOT SHOOT ORYX. Just use that unlimited ammo/double damage bullets to kill all the adds that are trying to kill all the bomb detonaters!!

ToM is so awesome in the bubble

I'll definitely be down to play Trials again. Whenever that ends up going live.

Strider

Hit rank 5 so bought the IB Pulse. 3 marks away from having enough marks to buy the sidearm too. So might as well buy it I guess... Seems cool.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled

It's just his skeleton rigged as a puppet with Ikora behind a curtain.

HELLO GUARDIAN IM PRAEDYTH IGNORE THAT I SOUND LIKE A WOMAN

I wouldn't mind a pvp mode with no heavy ammo. I always save my super to go over to the enemy's heavy spawn and fuck their shit right after they grab it. That way I get kills and eliminate heavy entirely. Too many people try to kill everyone before they grab it so they can grab it for themselves, but I've seen that backfire too many times and the enemy killing you and still grabbing it. It's not worth it.
The thirst for that ammo fucks with people's judgment.
Not to mention all the people who will grab it immediately even if they see other teammates running to grab it.
I avoid the entire ordeal.

RedFury

So...anyone want to try for Grasp of Malok? [strike exclusive legendary pulse rifle]
I'm a good luck charm and your 99.9% guaranteed to get one, also 100% guaranteed to watch me get nothing. Psn:Redfury03

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom