• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT34| Stop Hammer Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The game would be better and more interesting if we had elemental primaries as long as those primaries weren't best in slot on top of the elemental effect, which the KF weapons aren't.

I haven't played Destiny since last Thursday because of RL stuff including moving into a new apartment (having your own living rooms is underrated). Hopefully I can get to rank 5 IB tonight but I think its going to be a stretch. I think when I stopped playing I was half way to rank 3.

One thing I wanted to ask you guys, did I miss Paradox as the daily mission over the weekend? I never got the grimoire and the ghost last time and kept forgetting to see what the daily during my "break".

By the way I do have to say, taking a 3-4 day break from the game was awesome.

Thanks to Ruthless, Drizz, Bombastico, Akai and Gongmaster for the IB train.
I laughed myself silly with this kill. Gif is kind of crappy, video is here!
yNX8EZ.gif

Yeah that was an epic trip mine.

zewone

So last night after beating some guys we got into shit talking via PSN messages.

I guess he ended up posting my gamertag on destinyLFG.net .

It stated I had an Oryx checkpoint and I was willing to sherpa anyone to a win.

Needless to say my PSN messages blew up. I was getting tons every second.

I had to turn off messages and visit LFG to verify my gamertag so that something like that never happens again.

Lnkn52

Do you need me to stick around? Because I could quickly remote from work and get you in there.

ID: Ozone31

Nope, just loading it up for me would do just fine. TY in advance.

So last night after beating some guys we got into via PSN messages.

I guess he ended up posting my gamertag on destinyLFG.net .

It stated I had an Oryx checkpoint and I was willing to sherpa anyone to a win.

Needless to say my PSN messages blew up. I was getting tons every second.

I had to turn off messages and visit LFG to verify my gamertag so that something like that never happens again.

Well that's pretty dirty. There should be some sort of verification for putting PSN/GT.

Glad they postponed ToO too many hunters glitching in Iron Banana as it is, don't need that worry on something that is loss sensitive.

When will Bungie make a bug free game?

Future

IB pulse is god tier. I can't see myself using much else. Especially in pvp. Hand cannons were like this in year one. So good in long and short range there was no reason not to use them

Similar to how bungie made a strong effort to nerf long hand cannon range, I feel like they need to nerf pulse / scout short range. There is no place for hand cannons since the pulses are superior far, and just as good near. Hand cannons and autos should be beasts in their smaller ranges.

Only way they could do this I think would be to extend the pulse scopes a bit. Make it a little less manageable going into ads when the enemy is really close. That way a hand cannon user can know when they are in their optimal range, that they Have an advantage over long range guns

daedalius

I wouldn't mind a pvp mode with no heavy ammo. I always save my super to go over to the enemy's heavy spawn and fuck their shit right after they grab it. That way I get kills and eliminate heavy entirely. Too many people try to kill everyone before they grab it so they can grab it for themselves, but I've seen that backfire too many times and the enemy killing you and still grabbing it. It's not worth it.
The thirst for that ammo fucks with people's judgment.
Not to mention all the people who will grab it immediately even if they see other teammates running to grab it.
I avoid the entire ordeal.

Inferno doesn't have heavy

Glad they postponed ToO too many hunters glitching in Iron Banana as it is, don't need that worry on something that is loss sensitive.

When will Bungie make a bug free game?

Ive seen it happen once, if you've got someone running around firing off infinite arrows theres a bigger problem than the glitch going on

I wonder if it will be patched before HM releases, if it all gets too much i'll have no shame abusing it to get that done

Ive seen it happen once, if you've got someone running around firing off infinite arrows theres a bigger problem than the glitch going on

I wonder if it will be patched before HM releases, if it all gets too much i'll have no shame abusing it to get that done
Happened twice yesterday and without the people doing it it would have been an easy win, as it was the games were close losses.

They'll have to patch the game to put HM in so hopefully a fix will come then.

Lnkn52

TY Ozone 31 for the CP.

May anyone load the following for me...

Entropy's Pinnacle" on Venus which is the last mission on Taken War: Venus.

PSN Lnkn52

Shito

Don't think Luke gave a timeframe. One would think that this is something that doesn't require a client side patch.
From last Thursday's BWU:

“How about those Nightfall rewards?”

There is another update inbound as soon as next week that will deliver more frequent and more powerful Legendary rewards to the Nightfall loot tables. We’ll save the specific numbers for the Patch Notes. And, of course, the best reality about the nature of those rewards will be found in your feedback.

Oh, I just noticed Zoba's thread on the gaming side. I shall read this over lunch.

popcorn.gif

OT - Why can't Faction vendor's sell Int/Dis and Int/Str armor but the Vanguard and Crucible quartermaster's can? It's annoying. The NM stuff is hella dope for the Titan. End minor dumb gripe :)

Kyne

I like the idea of a Nightfall rewarding you a random 300-310 legendary. I guess those aren't really a thing without infusing tho..

Guaranteed exotic engram then!

Or 50 marks!

PuMa

Oh, I just noticed Zoba's thread on the gaming side. I shall read this over lunch.

popcorn.gif

OT - Why can't Faction vendor's sell Int/Dis and Int/Str armor but the Vanguard and Crucible quartermaster's can? It's annoying. The NM stuff is hella dope for the Titan. End minor dumb gripe :)

Oh geez. Lol, it looks like almost everyone is disagreeing at least.

dRsv3UDF4KZ6E.gif

Last rant, really whomever design the exotic sword quests...fuck you why did you think this was acceptable. I can tolerate a decent amount but its literally find X, grind Y and Z, find A with a extremely low drop rate aka 1 in 30 mins from my experiences so far, grind B, wait a week.

Seriously very irritating...

Bogeypop

Thinking of having PvP 1KYS and a PvE 1KYS. Current roll is more PvE:

- ShortGaze
- Last Resort
- Rifled Barrel
- Firefly

Good, no?

I always thought GAF was overhyping Shortgaze until I tried it, but man now I can't imagine a PvP Sniper without it. I guess I could see how Firefly would be useful if you snipe a guy standing next to someone, but as for Rifled Barrel I just think Snapshot is so crucial in those clutch moments rather than having extra range.

Last rant, really whomever design the exotic sword quests...fuck you why did you think this was acceptable. I can tolerate a decent amount but its literally find X, grind Y and Z, find A with a extremely low drop rate aka 1 in 30 mins from my experiences so far, grind B, wait a week.

I've heard nothing but bad things. I'm on the Arkham Knight step or whatever that's called. The regular Sol Edge has been doing me wonders so I haven't really tried to go any further yet :X

The Crucible quest line is quite ridiculous as well. Getting sick of this shit lol

sajj316

Um, Firefly is awesome on a Sniper (PVE). I don't care what anyone says.

Works well in Control .. put "some" damage on neighbors. I don't disagree

I always thought GAF was overhyping Shortgaze until I tried it, but man now I can't imagine a PvP Sniper without it. I guess I could see how Firefly would be useful if you snipe a guy standing next to someone, but as for Rifled Barrel I just think Snapshot is so crucial in those clutch moments rather than having extra range.

Would rather have snapshot. My options are Skip Rounds Rifled Barrel, and Mutiny :( Snapshot would have been gravy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom