• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT34| Stop Hammer Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now with hard mode coming... will we have a chance of decrypting 330 level weapons and armor from exotic engrams when we hit 310? Should i be saving my exotic engrams as i'm only a 303?

rainy_day

So i have been playing IB exclusively on my warlock. Then i saw that hunter wolf cloak! I was bummed it was rank 3 at the vendor so i decided to start the grind with my hunter.

Praise the RNG gods! Got it postgame drop at 290 game 1! Super stoked i didnt have to grind to lvl 3 again.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Oh it's hard I'm not disputing that :)
Just i found that the fastest and easiest way.
Same as pistol for hunters.

Also if you find a gun you love, just quick juggle it to keep 3 guns with you (needed to do this for the nightime level with the sniper...

Also a great trick is too put exploding grunts on, pop one and they take out their team mates half the time.
But be carful as this can chain..

Im not sure how to even navigate the menu properly yet to activate skulls.
Not played or used a xbox since... sometime during the 360 lifecycle and before Halo 4 came out.

Covenant is kicking my ass like they did first time i played Halo 1.
Ahh the memories of getting my ass handed to me, its like im reliving the moment right now.

Really fun again, just need to rebuild my Friends List as its more or less deserted and get some good ol' coop doing.

Minor gripe at best. Rare things should be rare. Overall end game is still much better, imo.
Yeahhhh no. It's also doesn't help that the perks on the loot are random. So yeah you may have gotten one, but it becomes useless with crap perks.

And no it's not a minor gripe. It all comes back to how badly this game is with RNG. RNG on RNG on RNG. It's exhausting.

Im not sure how to even navigate the menu properly yet to activate skulls.
Not played or used a xbox since... sometime during the 360 lifecycle and before Halo 4 came out.

Covenant is kicking my ass like they did first time i played Halo 1.
Ahh the memories of getting my ass handed to me, its like im reliving the moment right now.

Really fun again, just need to rebuild my Friends List as its more or less deserted and get some good ol' coop doing.
I'd say add ManThatYouFear but i wont be back till xmas :(

Minor gripe at best. Rare things should be rare. Overall end game is still much better, imo.

You have a good point. The problem becomes what happens when that rare item is "GOD TIER OP OMG MUST HAVE"

I think having super rare stuff forces people to feel the need to grind. What if strike loot had something like 3oC or Shards for them?

noomi

Now with hard mode coming... will we have a chance of decrypting 330 level weapons and armor from exotic engrams when we hit 310? Should i be saving my exotic engrams as i'm only a 303?

Hmmm, that's a good question. I would imagine once level 310, this would unlock the capability to decrypt exotic engrams into 330 gear.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
I use the raid scout, pulse, sniper and HMG quite a bit. The pulse is my most used gun atm.

They're def not bad. I like the Hand Cannon and RL actually. Besides ToM though, none of them iconic as say the VoG drops or Black Hammer/Fang, etc. And the random perks are kinda dissapointing. Cocoon is great sometimes though. Hope the perk will be in guns in the future and not just a one-off for this raid.

KanameYuuki

Can someone help me with Fear's Embrace and the next quest after that one on my 2 of my characters? those bosses kick my ass and I barely did it with my Warlock thanks to coming back to life.

My PSN Is Josh-Shki

So did we not buy enough emotes yet? Does the live team need more money? Please Bungie, tell us how much silver we need to buy so the game doesn't remain broken or unbalanced for weeks.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
They really need to make any emote custom mappable to any direction. They are going to sell so much more that way.

PuMa

You have a good point. The problem becomes what happens when that rare item is "GOD TIER OP OMG MUST HAVE"

I think having super rare stuff forces people to feel the need to grind. What if strike loot had something like 3oC or Shards for them?

There's nothing OP GOD TIER out there right now though, especially not that Omnigul pulse. People are overreacting over Twitch again. I see this sort of thing in Fifa all the time. "Ermagherd, so-and-so twitch user is using player ABC and he is BEAST!" All of a sudden that player's value has jumped 10-fold on the transfer market. And then there's a different flavor-of-the-week beast player the next week.

Even the hopscotch craze was blown out of proportion in my opinion. The messenger was just as good AND sold at vendor with perfect perks.

Yeahhhh no. It's also doesn't help that the perks on the loot are random. So yeah you may have gotten one, but it becomes useless with crap perks.

And no it's not a minor gripe. It all comes back to how badly this game is with RNG. RNG on RNG on RNG. It's exhausting.

There are just going to be two fields of thought here. I am of the group that much prefers RNG, but I'm well used to MMO's and large-scale RPG's, whereas some people only know FPS's. So it's a minor gripe for me in my mind. I'd much rather that there be rare things to acquire so that everyone doesn't just have the same exact gear/loadout.

So did we not buy enough emotes yet? Does the live team need more money? Please Bungie, tell us how much silver we need to buy so the game doesn't remain broken or unbalanced for weeks.

How much silver to get dedicated servers in PvP? I think I reported half of the Destiny community over the weekend for red bars in IB.

KanameYuuki

They really need to make any emote custom mappable to any direction. They are going to sell so much more that way.

It would also be cool not only to have it that way, but also double tapping on the same direction is another emote, that way you could have so many equipped and the would sell a lot more.

E92 M3

100% AGREE. Would have bought them all if that could be done.

--

Also, Halo 5 is going to decimate the Destiny population on Xbox :(

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

I don't think they handled the emotes effectively. They should have allowed us to map 4 emotes on the d-pad. When I can only map 1, I have no incentive to buy more than one emote.

There's nothing OP GOD TIER out there right now though, especially not that Omnigul pulse. People are overreacting over Twitch again. I see this sort of thing in Fifa all the time. "Ermagherd, so-and-so twitch user is using player ABC and he is BEAST!" All of a sudden that player's value has jumped 10-fold on the transfer market.

Even the hopscotch craze was blown out of proportion in my opinion. The messenger was just as good AND sold at vendor with perfect perks.

Yeah, you're right. Thanks for coming in here with your rational discussion and level head. Why do you have to ruin everything?
Love you Puma :)

I would still like some type of system for that strike specific loot. Let me spend glimmer or marks or something at a higher change to get them.

Kyne

I'm curious; if you had all your armor with the stats you wanted, what would you do then?

EL CUCO

Yeah, some good points but Destiny is never going to be perfect. As much as we love it, it's unrealistic to hold it to such standards.

That being said, the end game is still currently better than Y1. The actual game as a whole is just completely better now, with the exception of a few questionable economy nerfs and the usual poop RNG.

That thread just comes off as a bit whiney, imo.

PuMa

Yeah, you're right. Thanks for coming in here with your rational discussion and level head. Why do you have to ruin everything?
Love you Puma :)

I would still like some type of system for that strike specific loot. Let me spend glimmer or marks or something at a higher change to get them.

Lol, that's just MY opinion, of course. Destiny is a very divisive game. There are generally two polar opposite feelings towards the main aspects of the game. The game is just so massive, it's attracted all kinds of gamers.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Damn right it is, I can't wait! Hopefully it actually works unlike MCC for about 4 months *shudders*

To me, Halo IS Xbox. Basically the only reason to prefer an Xbox over PS4. I imagine the Xbox Destiny population to drop to about 9 people.

Mindlog

A lot of the bad perks were coincidentally added when reforging became a thing.
They should revisit some of the ones they added and carefully remove them all.

PuMa

Ironically they make the exotics easier to get then decent legendaries.

That is strange, isn't it? What I also find interesting this time around is that a LOT of the vendor legendaries have near perfect perk rolls right out of the box. Maybe because there is no reforging this time around...?

That is strange, isn't it? What I also find interesting this time around is that a LOT of the vendor legendaries have near perfect perk rolls right out of the box. Maybe because there is no reforging this time around...?
Probably.

The arms day is cool tho for legendaries. Got some decent stuff from that.

Acidote

It's a good thing clans don't mean that much in this game because I just got kicked of my clan because I play too much with you guys instead of them.

Of course I do that, they play in the darkest hours of the night when I'm sleeping are struggle with the easiest of the raid encounters even when I tried to help them when we played together and tell them exactly what to do instead of sending then to youtube to learn the mechanics.

tldr: I'm clanless lol

Langy

Looking for 3 more for a fresh kings fall starting any min now. Ideally people who know it as i kinda need to run through it quickish. psn is Langoit add/msg me asap....

Any takers for this? seems day before reset is not a good day for last minute raiding lol

PuMa

It's a good thing clans don't mean that much in this game because I just got kicked of my clan because I play too much with you guys instead of them.

Of course I do that, they play in the darkest hours of the night when I'm sleeping are struggle with the easiest of the raid encounters even when I tried to help them when we played together and tell them exactly what to do instead of sending then to youtube to learn the mechanics.

tldr: I'm clanless lol

You're never clan-less with DGAF!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom