• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT34| Stop Hammer Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hyp

But El Cuco told me it's a bad shotgun!

i was using a full agility nightstalker build which may have helped. but i can see it being less effective with a high armor/recovery build. this thing feels like it was built for quick/snappy firefights.

Namikaze1

Alright so I did some math to figure out how many hours I spent idling in the game using Destinytracker and the wastedondestiny site.

From Destinytracker, I got 1871 hours.

I added 90 hours to that time to get 1961. The 90 is the amount of total hours spent actually playing on my deleted characters. Got this from the wastedondestiny site.

From wastedondestiny site, I got 1216 hours.

1961 - 1216 = 745

But you got to remember that I had deleted some characters so I didn't exactly spent 745 hours idling. It's more than that.

I would say I spent around 850-900 hours idling. Holy shit.

Ozone

Touch of Malice is fantastic for the last two boss encounters of the raid. But comparing it to Gjallarhorn in year one? Come on.
I did say "for KF HM". People in LFG will be making it a requirement to join.

Nothing will touch the general power of the G-horn.

Alright so I did some math to figure out how many hours I spent idling in the game using Destinytracker and the wastedondestiny site.

I added 90 hours to that time to get 1961. The 90 is the amount of total hours spent actually playing on my deleted characters. Got this from the wastedondestiny site.

1961 - 1216 = 745

But you got to remember that I had deleted some characters so I didn't exactly spent 745 hours idling. It's more than that.

All that content

1961 - 1216 = 745

You're an inspiration for us all.

I've only spent 457 on Destiny. Idling....about 5-10 hours? Maybe?

SkylineRKR

Sleeper Simulant isn't that much different to Horn on single targets. About the same damage. A full fireteam with SS can melt anything I think. It just takes more skill as you have to hit criticals with it. I like it more.

PuMa

Touch of Malice might not be such a great asset for the last two bosses of KF once they get rid of that immunity aura on the two encoutners in HM. ;-p

SkylineRKR

I could see them removing the invincibility, in fact I count on it. But perhaps changed for a chalice or something so that someone can shoot ToM and you need to pass it around.

Owensboro

I'd like to do this

I need about 10 mins to walk my dog

and I won't be able to talk because my voice has been Taken

Doesnt' matter. Shoot me a PSN message or join up when you want.

PSN: OwensboroEsq

Hilariously enough, I just helped some other guy beat Crota Jr. by carrying the sword, and the jerk didn't stick around to help me back!

Deku Tree

Touch of Malice might not be such a great asset for the last two bosses of KF once they get rid of that immunity aura on the two encoutners in HM. ;-p

I could see them removing the invincibility, in fact I count on it. But perhaps changed for a chalice or something so that someone can shoot ToM and you need to pass it around.

Then what would be the point of running the spark or jumping on the platforms?

zewone

I guess I'm the only one who thinks Stormcallers are a super boring class.

I don't feel powerful with the super activated, the animation (or lack of) just makes me feel dumb.

Their normal non-super perks are pretty ho-hum; I'd rather use any other roaming super.

Or surviving the AoE blasts of the sisters and Oryx would be pretty impossible.

I think people are getting ahead of themselves.

I guess I'm the only one who thinks Stormcallers are a super boring class.

I don't feel powerful with the super activated, the animation (or lack of) just makes feel dumb.

Their normal non-super perks are pretty ho-hum; I'd rather use any other roaming super.
Definitely the most underwhelming of the 3 new subclasses. I say this as a Warlock main. It's good in pve, but we got shafted in pvp.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Doesnt' matter. Shoot me a PSN message or join up when you want.

PSN: OwensboroEsq

Hilariously enough, I just helped some other guy beat Crota Jr. by carrying the sword, and the jerk didn't stick around to help me back!
lol jerk!

You can use your rune first to get the fragment, then I can use mine?

SkylineRKR

I dunno but it could go either way.

ToM might be put in for HM, as you'll get it after clearing NM. So NM can be beaten without it. Maybe ToM is required for HM, though Bungie didn't want a required LFG weapon again. ToM isn't RNG though, so really everyone can get it when they want.

But Bungie might also notice how useful it is against the bosses, and decides to dick us.

Maybe HM is just more cycles, more detonations. With no revives. That would be lame though. But invis for one dude, I could see that happening. I actually don't know, lol.

PuMa

Well for daughters, the spark is needed mainly to break the shield bubble. No need for invincibility after that is done if they remove the wipe explosion. During Oryx, you need the spark to break the Vessel knight.

Or surviving the AoE blasts of the sisters and Oryx would be pretty impossible.

I think people are getting ahead of themselves.

Just a guess...hopefully they don't do that of course!

LOL. All week, fuck all from IB on my main who I got to Rank 5. Now running it on my alt at rank 1, I got the new IB ship and Nerwin's Mercy as back top back drops.

zewone

Since Bungie designed hard mode first this time, I don't think they're going to change any mechanics to force us to change our strategies now.

That's not to say that we won't have to change strategies, I just mean it's not going to be like Crota HM where they put an invincible Gatekeeper in the bottom room so people couldn't use the old strategy before.

PuMa

Since Bungie designed hard mode first this time, I don't think they're going to change any mechanics to force us to change our strategies now.

That's not to say that we won't have to change strategies, I just mean it's not going to be like Crota HM where they put an invincible Gatekeeper in the bottom room so people couldn't use the old strategy before.

I dunno. I disagree. I think we are definitely going to need to employ different strategies.

Lothars

Definitely the most underwhelming of the 3 new subclasses. I say this as a Warlock main. It's good in pve, but we got shafted in pvp.
I don't see that at all, It's not overpowered but it is definitely powerful and you can wipe teams with little to no issue with it and it kills pretty fast.

It's definitely a good subclass for the warlock. I would definitely put it up there with the nightstalker and once they change the armor for sunbreaker than all three will be fairly evenly balanced.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I dunno. I disagree. I think we are definitely going to need to employ different strategies.

Since normal and hard mode Crota and VoG were so similar in the strategies used, I'd be surprised if HM KF was much different. I hope I am wrong.

So Paradox hasn't been the daily story mission since October 6? That's almost two weeks. I'm guessing it'll be the mission tomorrow for the reset. Maybe we get No Time to Explain this week? I really need to grab the ghost shell and whatever other "secrets" I'm missing, which I think it mainly grimoire stuff?

darknil

So yesterday I was explaining KF to some friends and kept dying at Oryx. Is there any trick at the staggering part? It felt that we had so little time to hit him. What is the trigger for the stomach to open?

Shiv47

I assume it doesn't matter if I decide to get as many calcified fragments as possible before doing the remainder of the ToM quests? I figure I'll want to just sit down and power through as many as possible when I do it, rather than doing them as needed.

sajj316

So yesterday I was explaining KF to some friends and kept dying at Oryx. Is there any trick at the staggering part? It felt that we had so little time to hit him. What is the trigger for the stomach to open?

Kill the Vessel Knight quickly (prefer swords). Once the knight is down .. stack in the middle facing toward Oryx. I don't think there is a trigger for his chest to open. It just does. You have to DPS him enough for him to stagger.

Arrrammis

Sooooo now that IB is almost over.

Is PvP dead again? :(
Pretty much. Personally its just everyone using the same weapon and the glitches (looking at you, hunter bow). It's fun with a Gaf group, but there's no real rewards outside of IB and ToO. Half the time you get absolutely nothing from a match. If they add rewards equivalent to vanguard strike bosses(2-4 engrams) then I think more people would do PvP.

Kyne

I assume it doesn't matter if I decide to get as many calcified fragments as possible before doing the remainder of the ToM quests? I figure I'll want to just sit down and power through as many as possible when I do it, rather than doing them as needed.

it's fine, just don't go picking them up on multiple characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom