• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT34| Stop Hammer Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volcynika

So yesterday I was explaining KF to some friends and kept dying at Oryx. Is there any trick at the staggering part? It felt that we had so little time to hit him. What is the trigger for the stomach to open?

He will do another fist pound on the pillar he's by beforehand at least.

zewone

I dunno. I disagree. I think we are definitely going to need to employ different strategies.

I 100% think we will too, but I don't think they watched the user base and made specific changes to counter our current strategies like they had done previously.

Since normal and hard mode Crota and VoG were so similar in the strategies used, I'd be surprised if HM KF was much different. I hope I am wrong.

I think Bungie came out and said that HM KF wasn't suposed to just be higher level enemies like the last 2 have been. I don't really believe them, but saying that...if you shoot Oryx in the head during the fight he will turn his head and look at you. I bet they toss in the gaze getting feature from Golgoroth into the fight.

zewone

I don't see that at all, It's not overpowered but it is definitely powerful and you can wipe teams with little to no issue with it and it kills pretty fast.

It's definitely a good subclass for the warlock. I would definitely put it up there with the nightstalker and once they change the armor for sunbreaker than all three will be fairly evenly balanced.

I think it's an effective class, I just don't have fun playing as one. It's underwhelming, but it's erratic and hard to kill and has a lot of range. Definitely deadly.

Owensboro

lol jerk!

You can use your rune first to get the fragment, then I can use mine?

Thanks for the help Hawkian. I don't think that other guy understood you could let the sword bearer live, clear all the adds, and then have the entire duration of the sword to get Crota. He was just burning the sword guy ASAP.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Thanks for the help Hawkian. I don't think that other guy understood you could let the sword bearer live, clear all the adds, and then have the entire duration of the sword to get Crota. He was just burning the sword guy ASAP.
You can even kill the sword bearer ASAP and leave the sword on the ground while you kill the adds and still have more than enough time to damage Crotababy XD

darknil

Kill the Vessel Knight quickly (prefer swords). Once the knight is down .. stack in the middle facing toward Oryx. I don't think there is a trigger for his chest to open. It just does. You have to DPS him enough for him to stagger.

He will do another fist pound on the pillar he's by beforehand at least.

Thanks, thankfully one of the group got the ToM so we should be able to be successful today.

I tried with a 310 zhalo, 308 1000 yard and a sword. Guess I'll switch to 300 Hung Jury and maybe 290 SS / 295 JLB-47?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
GAF plz to halp,

I'm looking for assistance with the Two for the Road (shotgun the Shield Brothers) quest step. Anyone up for it?

Also I'm not totally sure what the quest is asking of me first off, I have to get the deathblow on each brother with a shotgun?

Since Bungie designed hard mode first this time, I don't think they're going to change any mechanics to force us to change our strategies now.

That's not to say that we won't have to change strategies, I just mean it's not going to be like Crota HM where they put an invincible Gatekeeper in the bottom room so people couldn't use the old strategy before.

They absolutely are going to force us to do the 6 orb/ball/fruit strategy for Golgi. At the very least, they'll stop us from single orbing it. Luke said it was his favorite encounter in the game and he was talking the two gazer strategy.

But there's so much weird/lazy/tacked on stuff on Normal mode. Like the Tablet of Ruin. They couldn't balance it any other way than to set a 6 death limit? That's so generic. No other raid boss requires something so bland. And while the Shade fight is great, the meteor part of Oryx feels so tacked on to me. It's not interesting, and it feels like filler. It catches you off guard once, then after that, it's easy mode. It doesn't show up anywhere else in the raid/game except the Shield Bros. And because you're constantly running out of them, you don't even know what they do visually, which would be somewhat redeeming.

These are the kinds of things I'd expect to see if they were making it harder for Hard Mode, but they're present on normal mode. It's strange to me.

Also, not sure if they'll keep the "no revives" thing because Normal mode is already a mode where one person down is a wipe for many sections. Every boss is a DPS check & that check is going to be even higher on hard mode. Besides that, mechanically, you need 4 people minimum for Sisters/Oryx, but good luck doing that with someone down during any phase other than in between runs. "No revives" won't change Hard mode at all since we already wipe for most things other than a flawless run.

Finally, how weird is that they made exotics that essentially trivialize the bosses in King's Fall? Spindle for War Priest & Golgi, Touch of Malice for Sisters & Oryx. Those bosses were much more a challenge before we had Spindles & Malices. Sisters in particular with 5+ Malices is a laugh riot.

To sum up: I have no idea what to expect from Hard Mode. It's either going to redeem the raid for me or turn me into a Trials nerd.

LiK

GAF plz to halp,

I'm looking for assistance with the Two for the Road (shotgun the Shield Brothers) quest step. Anyone up for it?

Also I'm not totally sure what the quest is asking of me first off, I have to get the deathblow on each brother with a shotgun?

anyone in fireteam can get deathblow, just needs to be shotgun. basically when they're low health just go shotgun crazy.

flkraven

GAF plz to halp,

Both brothers need to have the deathblow be from a shotty. If you are in a fireteam, you still get credit as long as your teammate lays them out with a shotty.

sajj316

Thanks, thankfully one of the group got the ToM so we should be able to be successful today.

I tried with a 310 zhalo, 308 1000 yard and a sword. Guess I'll switch to 300 Hung Jury and maybe 290 SS / 295 JLB-47?

ToM is perfect. 300 Hung Jury is great as well. Snipers are preferred (Defiance of Yasmin, 1K Yard Stare, Eirene RR4, Black Spindle). Look for high impact, high DPS. No point in Rockets .. too long between rounds. You can't tether Oryx either.

FStop7

Banned
I think Bungie came out and said that HM KF wasn't suposed to just be higher level enemies like the last 2 have been. I don't really believe them, but saying that...if you shoot Oryx in the head during the fight he will turn his head and look at you. I bet they toss in the gaze getting feature from Golgoroth into the fight.

This is just speculation, but I think the daughters are going to be the nightmare section of the hard raid. When you kill the first daughter and everything goes bright white, followed by a rush of adds while you're still blinded... I think that part's going to be horrible on heroic.

Kyne

So it's actually reasonable to conclude I could get this done with matchmaking?

you should not do that. The other two players might shoot at it with something other than a shotgun, ruining the entire quest.

If you can't find anyone and would be willing to wait a couple of hours I can help out, prob with a friend.

Why are people farming Omnigul? And why is it something they'd patch?

#OutOfTheLoop

she drops a pulse rifle that is supposedly good for pvp.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor

Dang! That could be cool.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Message just went out on Facebook:

"Attention all Guardians!
Improvements to Nightfall rewards are coming tomorrow morning. To benefit this week, don't play it until the patch deploys at around 10AM."

purg3

slept with Malkin
Why are people farming Omnigul? And why is it something they'd patch?

#OutOfTheLoop

Farming for the strike exclusive pulse, you can grind it without actually completing the strike by killing Omnigul before the final boss room.

This is just speculation, but I think the daughters are going to be the nightmare section of the hard raid. When you kill the first daughter and everything goes bright white, followed by a rush of adds while you're still blinded... I think that part's going to be horrible on heroic.

It will be interesting to see what they do for daughters. The daughters fight has more of the same boss types that I loathe in this game. A big mute boss who does nothing but stand in place and fire infinite splash damage cannons at you. It's super lazy boss design in my opinion, and it is all bungie seems to know how to do.

Dang! That could be cool.

It would be really cool if he talked during the raid and didn't sound like he was gargling balls when he did. I mean, damn, we have killed all his kids now and he has nothing to say?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Kadey, sent you an invite

Frogs I am really sick and have no voice at all, sorry I can't speak :(

--

Fascinated by how they're going to handle NF rewards. Prediction: both obvious improvement across the board and widespread disappointment

Owensboro

Anyone want to give the Exotic Void And/Or Arc sword quests a shot? I got both these quests in my inventory just waiting to be finished.

Looking for a couple more extra people to do a raid. We're all very experienced.

PSN: Wretched_Walrus

How many do you need?

Kadey, sent you an invite

Frogs I am really sick and have no voice at all, sorry I can't speak :(

--

Fascinated by how they're going to handle NF rewards. Prediction: both obvious improvement across the board and widespread

So you're Kadey or Drassil now? :p

Get well soon hawk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom