• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT34| Stop Hammer Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Afrocious

that feel when you beat warpriest in KF HM and you get a 310 fusion rifle

or that feel when you beat oryx in kf hm and you get a 310 auto rifle with crowd control and 2 shards

E92 M3

I wish we had a community manager that was a 1%er in the game - someone that could relate. Deej is very casual and doesn't understand most of our pleas.

Future

My crucible winrate when solo queueing is about 20%.

MM is just way too brutal.

Considering the amount of full premades you get matched with solo its not surprising. I wonder sometimes if the premades even have a good time as they stomp on disorganized randoms

LTWood12

I hope everyone bought the most important thing for Hard mode first runs!!

latest

latest

latest

Never Forget...

Afrocious

Considering the amount of full premades you get matched with solo its not surprising. I wonder sometimes if the premades even have a good time as they stomp on disorganized randoms

it depends. if my train is winning by a landslide, i look at it as an exercise in how many kills i can get before the timer runs out or mercy is called. at that point, i dont even look at the opposing team as other players but as objectives.

EL CUCO

Just in case what? Checked back a couple pages but couldn't find anything. Something to do with the pulse she drops?
Yup. Omnigul farm for the pulse rifle and Warlock bond. It's going to force people to actually run that strike from front to back just for a slim chance at it. She's currently dropping about 1 every hour. It only takes about a minute or less to kill her now, maybe a couple more if you have to farm heavy.

anyone up for champion hunting tonight? gotta complete those petra missions starting with cosmodrone tonight. Send me a PM if interested, I am available at 930PM ET.

Playing on PS4 btw.

Lee

I wish we had a community manager that was a 1%er in the game - someone that could relate. Deej is very casual and doesn't understand most of our pleas.

Got someone in mind? I can't think of anyone known in the community that would be better for the role.

Deku Tree

Sounds like an urban legend for now lol

It's more than an urban legend if you listen to what Bungie people say in all of their interviews... even then hard to say if it will ever become a thing.

They will probably save it for Destiny 2 next Fall and make it a big selling point.

LTWood12

I missed out on the Black Hammer hype, but the Fatebringer/Gjally pics made me sad.

I was more of a Confluence person though.

There's Fatebringer people and there's Confluence people. Both will be in heaven.

Black Hammer was incredible. Hard to believe such a powerful weapon made it into the game, and as a legendary no less. It & Gjallarhorn were our only redemption from the bullet sponges of year one.

Testing! Anyone interested in a Blind, Newbie, "We're all gonna die!" Normal Mode King's Fall raid for either this Friday or Saturday? I've neither read boss strategies or plan on doing it, as It's more fun to explore/figure out these big endgame raids yourself. I'm probably also going to institute a "if people are getting frustrated let's look at a strategy online" policy. Shoot me a PM if you're interested!

People for Friday 8pm EST (and/or some other various time Saturday) King's Fall (Normal) raid:
1. Owensboro (PSN: OwensboroEsq) (Fri&Sat)
2. DarKshodaN (PSN: Darkshodan84) (Fri&Sat)
3. Emouse (PSN: ?)(GMT [+4 hours]) (Sat only due to time difference.)

I can be a spare, if for whatever reason someone can't finish. I will be on at 930.
Pandora012

There's Fatebringer people and there's Confluence people. Both will be in heaven.

Black Hammer was incredible. Hard to believe such a powerful weapon made it into the game, and as a legendary no less. It & Gjallarhorn were our only redemption from the bullet sponges of year one.

Not IceBreaker? I left right after finishing VoG HM. Did they end up nerfing the crap out of it? I remember it being amazing for raids/strikes etc.

Sullichin

Black Hammer revitalized a very stale PVE experience for me. It was incredible.

Not interested at all in the Spindle though. I know it's still good but it's just hard for me to care about it. I was kinda surprised at all the excitement around Black Spindle but I think a lot of it was because it dropped at 310.

GutZ31

This was never my loadout in Year One. I feel special.

Because I never got a Gjallarhorn until Xur sold it and never got a Fatebringer. :(

The days of the holy trinity were amazing.
Fatebringer would make it so your kill count was always 100+ higher than your teammates.
Gjallarhorn was the boss melter.
And Black Hammer was the boss destroyer when heavy ammo was scarce.

phen0m24

Hmm, i wonder if theres a way to power it.

Perhaps with a long USB powercable plugged in.

Or does USBs not work at all when it comes to sound?
Dont really feel like purchasing a new headset to use with X1 tbh.

Not that I could think because the protocol is different. Hence all the PS4/XB1 specific headsets. :(

Is there anyone that likes the raid auto rifle? The game insists on giving it to me w/ every Oryx kill, and I keep infusing it into other stuff. I got a 308 one w/ crowd control, as if Oryx is begging me to like it.

Anyone?

Did you see my edit before? :p

E92 M3

Got someone in mind? I can't think of anyone known in the community that would be better for the role.

Bungie would have to pay me if they want someone recruiting ;)

It's more than an urban legend if you listen to what Bungie people say in all of their interviews... even then hard to say if it will ever become a thing.

They will probably save it for Destiny 2 next Fall and make it a big selling point.

I guess, but I definitely expect anything major until next year.

Not IceBreaker? I left right after finishing VoG HM. Did they end up nerfing the crap out of it? I remember it being amazing for raids/strikes etc.

IcyB was good but took up your exotic spot and Lord knows all max-OP load outs required the Horn. Then BHammer came along and was way better than IcyB plus a legendary to boot. The only real debate year 1 was FB vs VoC in the primary spot.

LTWood12

Icebreaker became more of an insurance policy for taking care of business slowly and from far away if needed. But if we're strictly talking boss DPS, hammer gave you unlimited ammo w/ no reload and no waiting for ammo to regen. Icebreaker was always a beast though, even though it got overshadowed in the second half of year 1.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Not that I could think because the protocol is different. Hence all the PS4/XB1 specific headsets. :(

Sad, i was hyped when it beeped and connected as it does on PS4 but no audio or anything.

Seems like USB headsets directly into the console dont work at all after quick trip to google.
Who knows.

Afrocious

I'd say Zoba should be a community manager over Deej.

He should do something called Bungie Direct, similar to the late and great Nintendo Directs.

That way everyone could experience what can happen to someone's voice when that person chain-smokes every night thinking about The Last Word.

I'm obviously joking

LTWood12

i have now haha.

IcyB was good but took up your exotic spot and Lord knows all max-OP load outs required the Horn. Then BHammer came along and was way better than IcyB plus a legendary to boot. The only real debate year 1 was FB vs VoC in the primary spot.

^this. Once HoW hit in combination w/ the shotgun buff, Found Verdict also achieved PvE elite status. Saved me so many times on Skolas runs.

GutZ31

I'd say Zoba should be a community manager over Deej.

He should do something called Bungie Direct, similar to the late and great Nintendo Directs.

That way everyone could experience what can happen to someone's voice when that person chain-smokes every night thinking about The Last Word.

I'm obviously joking

Clearly Phenom would be a better community manager!
ColonelOCorn using many different impersonations to talk about the game in a meaningful way.
Talking in Variks' voice when he wants to be cryptic.
Using Hank Hills voice for talking about banning people.

The list goes on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom