• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT34| Stop Hammer Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
What the hell are Clans and why am I only hearing about them now?

Starting a raid up btw only need sisters and Oryx but I'll do the full thing again.

1. CollateralCat-

SkylineRKR

Got Horn in late October or so (and get this, I got 331 Ghorn on the first fucking day of TDB out of raid chest). Got Black Hammer during second week of TDB, ran 2 chars and first week was all shotty for me. I would get BH 3 times in a row no less.

Fatebringer was hardest to get, first thing I got on new years day. But yeah, that was my loadout full stop. FV replaced BH during HoW.

Boring shit. Dismantled them all except for Fatebringer.

IcyB was good but took up your exotic spot and Lord knows all max-OP load outs required the Horn. Then BHammer came along and was way better than IcyB plus a legendary to boot. The only real debate year 1 was FB vs VoC in the primary spot.

Ah ok... never had the pleasure of VoC or FB.. those were the two raid weapons i never had drop. Had all the others. Man, i do miss Ice Breaker sometimes for that unlimited ammo.

Icebreaker became more of an insurance policy for taking care of business slowly and from far away if needed. But if we're strictly talking boss DPS, hammer gave you unlimited ammo w/ no reload and no waiting for ammo to regen. Icebreaker was always a beast though, even though it got overshadowed in the second half of year 1.

Makes sense. I never had the pleasure of Black Hammer. Wish that spindle was fully unlimited ammo.

SkylineRKR

Black Hammer was hilarious.

We would stunlock Sepkis Prime and Archon Priest until they were dead. There was no way to melt them faster back then. Sekrion could also be killed within mere moments, but he would still shoot back. Phogoth was trickier. Good luck on Flayers, Omnibitch, Spongebob and Undying Mind.

I need Y2 FV equivalent.

I think its Invective. Haven't encountered another like it yet.

Bungie is going to full revenge mode on Heroic KF.

Final encounter now consists of:

- 3 Oryxii
- Everyone gets ripped into another dimension constantly
- 130 respawning Taken Captains every 7 seconds
- No health regen
- No revives
- Max party of 3 people (must boot 3 people before Oryx phase will start)
- No res-locks
- Trickle, Epic, Exposure, Oryx Burn and Nightfall modifiers on (1 wipe = booted, lose CP)
- 4 Wraiths and Jackal Snipers from Halo 2 because fuck you
- 1 minute time limit
- Ogres respawn and have overshields
- Map is completely dark the entire fight
- Ant-grav 4000% so if you jump even once you'll rocket off into space
- Vessel immortality bubble now filled with poison while standing inside of it
- Must sacrifice touch of malice to begin encounter in addition to booting 3 friends
- Teleport phase sends you to Crota HM fight on launch week as a level 30
- Only 1 server used for HM KF shared between everyone in the world and it's located in the middle of the Pacific Ocean

Incredible list. You're on a roll with large list posts. My favorites are "Oryxii" and Crota HM launch week :p

DO IT DRIZZ, IT'S TIME TO REACH YOUR FINAL FORM

yeah..I've also been meaning to change my handle to my PSN..

wonder if people will still recognize me through my Luffy Avatar..

I did the same thing about a year ago, PM one of the mods and in about a week you'll have a new name ;)

*noomi formally known as tw1st

Lol how could I refuse the advice of 3 consecutive posts like this. I'll do it tonight if I get a chance.

Also, I remember the tw1st days. Good times.

phen0m24

Clearly Phenom would be a better community manager!
ColonelOCorn using many different impersonations to talk about the game in a meaningful way.
Talking in Variks' voice when he wants to be cryptic.
Using Hank Hills voice for talking about banning people.

The list goes on.

Awshucks.gif it's an honor being nominated.

If I could pay my bills and stuff and somehow work for them I would do it. I love interacting with addic- I mean fans on a few outlets already. People say I should do voice acting but here I am sitting at work
posting on a gaming forum lol

LTWood12

I need Y2 FV equivalent.

I think its Invective. Haven't encountered another like it yet.

Y2 FV isnt even in the game and its already OP.
Please nerf bungle.

Sadly 2.0 almost completely destroyed the glorious 100% PvE shotgun buff we got in the spring. Pre-buff shotguns in PvE were garbage, and as of 2.01 they're only about 10% more powerful than vanilla.

Pre-2.0 I thought they were a perfect risk/reward option. Now I'm almost never using anything besides a sniper.

SkylineRKR

Old White Nail would absolutely destroy the content in this game. The nerf is so, so rightfully done. Old White Nail would be Touch of malice with more stopping power and no penalty.

Shotties are sort of back where they were. Not only because of the nerf hitting way too hard, but also because of Swords being the top melee range weapons. No reason for a shotty if you have a sword.

LTWood12

Old White Nail would absolutely destroy the content in this game. The nerf is so, so rightfully done.

Shotties are sort of back where they were. Not only because of the nerf hitting way too hard, but also because of Swords being the top melee range weapons. No reason for a shotty if you have a sword.

In the damage economy of year 1 Destiny it made a lot more sense. Bosses used to be sooooooo much more spongey. It used to take ages to kill Valus Ta'aurac even WITH white nail and GHorn.

flkraven

People have been glitching into the playstation-exclusive strike area on xbox and getting the ghost. Is this a bannable offense? I know that it's just PvE clipping through the wall, but the grimoire provides very clear, traceable evidence that someone broke/glitched into an unintended area. I know it sounds silly and paranoid, but I just want to make sure it's allowed before I attempt it.

inthrall

Bungie is going to full revenge mode on Heroic KF.

Final encounter now consists of:

- 3 Oryxii
- Everyone gets ripped into another dimension constantly
- 130 respawning Taken Captains every 7 seconds
- No health regen
- No revives
- Max party of 3 people (must boot 3 people before Oryx phase will start)
- No res-locks
- Trickle, Epic, Exposure, Oryx Burn and Nightfall modifiers on (1 wipe = booted, lose CP)
- 4 Wraiths and Jackal Snipers from Halo 2 because fuck you
- 1 minute time limit
- Ogres respawn and have overshields
- Map is completely dark the entire fight
- Ant-grav 4000% so if you jump even once you'll rocket off into space
- Vessel immortality bubble now filled with poison while standing inside of it
- Must sacrifice touch of malice to begin encounter in addition to booting 3 friends
- Teleport phase sends you to Crota HM fight on launch week as a level 30
- Only 1 server used for HM KF shared between everyone in the world and it's located in the middle of the Pacific Ocean

That last point sounds like an improvement to me #justnzthings

]blacky[;182215556 said:
Screenshot

Why is there a purple symbol on a patrol mission? I started it already and the mission never ends.

You have a bounty to complete there, check your quests

SkylineRKR

In the damage economy of year 1 Destiny it made a lot more sense. Bosses used to be sooooooo much more spongey. It used to take ages to kill Valus Ta'aurac even WITH white nail and GHorn.

Its funny how he has the lowest defense of them all right now. I never understood why they didn't nerf the likes of Omnigul with him.

Lmfao :)

So i got 10 year olds... I'm screwed.
Soon it will be over...
DchbcMq.gif

Hold up let me finish the exotic sword quests and I can hel..

Ozone

]blacky[;182215556 said:
Screenshot

Why is there a purple symbol on a patrol mission? I started it already and the mission never ends.
Because you have a quest that requires something in the patrol. I'm assuming yours is for The Taken Wars: Earth.

GutZ31

People have been glitching into the playstation-exclusive strike area on xbox and getting the ghost. Is this a bannable offense? I know that it's just PvE clipping through the wall, but the grimoire provides very clear, traceable evidence that someone broke/glitched into an unintended area. I know it sounds silly and paranoid, but I just want to make sure it's allowed before I attempt it.

It gets you nothing that will get you ahead in PvP or PvE except that you have the grimoire to read, and a bit tagged onto your number score.
I have heard of no one being banned for this, and would find it stupid if you could be banned for it.

Needless to say, bungie will not comment on this directly as far as I know, so it may still be a thing.
Now saying that, I have glitched into everything I can in PvE, and no ban or warnings have come my way(yet).

Owensboro

Anyone want to help me kill Mini Crota in the Court of Oryx? I've got this purple summon coin and almost every random has had absolutely no idea what to do on him.

Rubenov

GAF, apologies if this has been asked before, but will hard mode raid be double loot? In other words, should we not do the raid tomorrow in order to get more loot during hard mode on Friday?

inthrall

GAF, apologies if this has been asked before, but will hard mode raid be double loot? In other words, should we not do the raid tomorrow in order to get more loot during hard mode on Friday?

Most likely will be double ups, so that you don't need to run both, however all we have to base this on is the previous raids, which only makes this likely instead of guaranteed

sephi22

What the hell are Clans and why am I only hearing about them now?

Starting a raid up btw only need sisters and Oryx but I'll do the full thing again.

1. CollateralCat-
Assuming PSN. Like you, I need to do Sisters and Oryx on my Titan, but I'll join on Hunter since I need to do the whole thing on him. PSN: sephi22
Can join after the daily crucible match I'm in

hyp

I really enjoy Leon's videos! Anyone who is thinking about grinding the Omnigul strike should watch his stuff. This guy is straight up LETHAL with the Hawksaw. It's all about what works for you in 2.0

i could watch destiny weapon review rap videos all day. :)

GutZ31

Rubenov, you have just thrown me into disarray!

Now I think about hard mode double loot rewards of yesteryears!

I don't know if it will be, but it is a raid, and all raids so far have been double loot.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Anyone want to help me kill Mini Crota in the Court of Oryx? I've got this purple summon coin and almost every random has had absolutely no idea what to do on him.
I'd like to do this

I need about 10 mins to walk my dog

and I won't be able to talk because my voice has been Taken
I am such a wimp, I hate to use the crappy raid weapons for infusion fodder for fear that they will be indispensable in the hard mode. So I try to keep at least one of the raid weapons.
I'm much more of a wimp then. I don't care if they are indispensable in HM and won't use them anyway, but I need one of each for collection purposes before I can use any for infusion. I desperately want a Fusion and Rocket Launcher, not because I actually want either one, but because then after that I'll know any weapon drop is something I can use to infuse the many, many weapons I actually want.

deoee

Need 3 more for a fresh KF Raid, startig as soon as we are full.

Gonna go to the Gorgonzola only cause I ain't got more time.
1)friend
2)friend
3)deoee0
4)
5)
6)

FULL D:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom