• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT34| Stop Hammer Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sephi22

Read someone say this on Reddit:

Is this dude just being a paranoid, or is there evidence this might happen?

He's wrong. They should decrypt to 330 not 320.
Basically the thinking right now is - If you're above 300 LL, engrams have a % chance to become 310s upon decryption. Once you do HM KF and get some 310-320 LL gear, you'd be above LL 310. The idea is that all your saved engrams might have a % chance to become 310, and a smaller % chance of becoming 330, since Bungie said exotics may go up to 330 (this is hearsay for me. I don't know for sure If Bungie's said this).

Inigo from streamerhouse is saving all his exotics for the same reason and is encouraging viewers to do the same

"Improvements to Nightfall rewards are coming tomorrow morning. To benefit this week, don't play it until the patch deploys at around 10AM."

https://twitter.com/bungie/status/656215952690810880

Post patch rewards: two antiquated runes instead of one
Kappa.png

So will the kings fall hard mode work the same as the Crota raid in the sense that if we start with hard mode we'll get double the rewards then if we do both normal and hard? Because if so I might opt out for a reset party.

EL CUCO

What up bitmap?, haven't seen you since warframe! If anyone is down with running omnigul trains let me know. I want that Pulse Rifle so bad, I'd take a bad roll at this point.
Edit: for those not aware you don't have to keep doing the mission. You simply kill her in the first room you meet her, wipe, and repeat. You can get the bond and oversoul edict reskin pulse rifle[that acts more like the time piece]. If I'm not mistaken it's time to kill [TTK] is .83s
I'll be home in about an hour and a half. Got a buddy that wants to run it too. If you're still on by then, we'll link up.

What's the best place to use up these Three of Coins? Is there a specific strike or mission?

I have 10 more. Out of the 20+ that I had, I've gotten about 2 exotic drops, both of which were gauntlets.

So last day of Iron Banner year 2, and it's been the worst IB experience since the first IB . First few days were awesome, then the lag started to hit. Expected it really, but the real killer are the new maps, and the goddamn spawns. Like wtf is with these tiny ass maps being in a control rotation? Get killed so often on respawn, and it seems like the entire enemy always has you surrounded. Don't remember spawning being this bad before TTK patches rolled out. Sunbros and glitching hunters can be annoying, but it's to be expected with anything new in crucible.

Also, trying to get top overall score on my Hunter is super frustrating.

sephi22

hahaha well I do. they haven't.

we don't know anything.

We know that the armory's been updated and most of the exotics there have 330 number on them now.
Whether these 330 exotics are obtained through decryption or some other means is what's up in the air right now

rje

So after playing for a couple of weeks I just got my first character to 40! The downside - my gear is abysmal (light level 215 or so). Where should I start for trying to improve it? Strikes? Finishing out the Taken King quest line? Setting up a shrine to the engram guy in the tower?

Also - is there any upside to still doing bounties/patrols now that I'm at the level cap? Is it still the best way to get vanguard/faction rep?

Silvard

What's the shader that best matches the new IB colors, specifically the weapons? Thunderdevil? This year's IB has a olive green motif as opposed to the one that Million Million and Goldspiral use.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
So after playing for a couple of weeks I just got my first character to 40! The downside - my gear is abysmal (light level 215 or so). Where should I start for trying to improve it? Strikes? Finishing out the Taken King quest line? Setting up a shrine to the engram guy in the tower?

Also - is there any upside to still doing bounties/patrols now that I'm at the level cap? Is it still the best way to get vanguard/faction rep?

Finish the story for TTK then move onto quests where you can get some guaranteed legendaries. It will show in the quest menu which ones offer legendary rewards. Not all are great but some are.

Strikes are handy for blues I've got alot of them which have been 280-300 light and any you dont need you can infuse with the legendaries. Also some strikes can drop specific legendary gear or weapons. I managed to bag a 299 legendary early on in the Sunless Cell strike.

hyp

run 36 vanguard strike playlist. it's a good place to start getting better gear, especially with the TTK drops. and don't forget to equip the highest light level gear prior to decryption.

Number45

Managed to get the Sleeper Simulant this evening just by matchmaking... I assume the same isn't recommended for my exotic? Might see if I can arrange something here for tomorrow night.

sephi22

Keep working on your quests you get from the vanguard. Those reward legendaries that go up in number smoothly. I believe you can even get a choice between two 300 attack guns at one point.

The Taken war quests like Blighted Coven, etc. are pretty good as they reward 20 legendary marks each. Any quest that you see that awards legendary marks you should be looking to do (Neverending battle, the target bounties on all planets, etc.). By doing all these and doing the daily crucible should give you enough marks to buy a ghost from the speaker. ( Early on Ghosts increase LL by a lot)

Make sure you switch gear each time you get an item that raises your light level. The higher your current light - the better chance of getting higher numbered blues.

Once you get past 270, start grinding strikes for engrams. With enough blue engrams, you should be able to reach 290, after which you should do the normal mode raid ASAP and get raid gear to get past 300

FStop7

Banned
It would be really cool if he talked during the raid and didn't sound like he was gargling balls when he did. I mean, damn, we have killed all his kids now and he has nothing to say?

You smash your way into his house
You shoot his buddy
You shoot his dog
You shoot his kids
Then you shoot him when he gets upset

The Guardians really are space cops.

Ocelott

This might be the dumbest request ever but Can anyone assist me in getting the Scent is the Key Chest? I just need someone to stand on the platform so it appears. I am failing so hard :(

So uh how do I increase my Queen's Wrath reputation besides story mode or the quest? Dont think the quest is worth 3000 which I need to bump me from rank 2 to rank 3...

KanameYuuki

So uh how do I increase my Queen's Wrath reputation besides story mode or the quest? Dont think the quest is worth 3000 which I need to bump me from rank 2 to rank 3...

I'm stuck like you, so right now our only way is to do 3 weekly bounties from Petra, and that's only 1000 rep per week, you have to complete her taken war and then you will unlock them, complete nonsense that time wall.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
Has anyone had experience infusing a 310 Legendary into a 306 Legendary?

All the infusion calculators say the result is 310 but I don't trust them! LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom