• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT34| Stop Hammer Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm that's stupid. Old raids would be pretty funny. We could do like one of each. Or just strikes and dailies. Honestly not much else to do until Friday.

I didn't do any heroic strikes this week so I'd be up for some of those before reset.

I need to start packing :p

My flight is in 12 hours...

Will probably do few strikes after reset and if I have time, couple of nightfalls right after the patch..

Raybunny

Bought that Merwen's Wet Nursery for my Warlock and quickly earned the marks to grab the Ironwreath for my Titan as well. All in all... *shrug* I agree it had lots of problems and needs a rework for next time (no drops for me), but I enjoyed this IB week anyway. Had a bunch of fun GAF groups and good matches, was able to put together some good performances, bought a couple guns that are right up my alley. I personally noticed tangibly less lag than last time, but I'm sure that was luck of the draw.

Also got my Chaperone Shotgun-Bros quest done for tomorrow's reset, finished up my dailies and Nightfalls, helped rasengan score his ToM and got halfway to rank 5 with the gunsmith. Pretty good day of Destiny despite feeling like Darkness-battered crap. Sorry to those of you who were briefly subjected to my voice and coughing.

Good "morning!"

Definitely gonna knock out all 3 Nightfalls as well as get my Exotic sword grinding down for the Void and Arc swords. Probably silent raid with my crew assuming my throat hasn't healed up, if my group is around anyway.

Hello! I would wait for the patch. Might fix the NF rewards.

I need to start packing :p

My flight is in 12 hours...

Will probably do few strikes after reset and if I have time, couple of nightfalls right after the patch..

Mine is in 19h. xD See you in a few week buddy.

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
Did Iron Banner just end two hours before the reset? The mode is gone and the door is closer in the tower for me.

GhaleonEB

Frustrating evening. Trying to get one last champion down on Mars for Petra, but I'm fighting them alone, watching people fly by because the rewards suck for killing them, failing to find the lieutenants (invisible Vex in the open desert), or failing to complete them in time when I do find someone willing to help (they're kept invincible half the time due to the goblins). Earlier tonight I was with three other players participating, but none of us could find the champion when he arrived. It took all four of us nearly five minutes to find him in this weird corner at which point he despawned.

After an hour and change of failing, I decide to go grab some easy loot and use my Skyburner's beacon. Champion down, do the first step of the next quest, then the timed part. I'm inside the ship, and the beacon is to scan part of the ship. The radar icon has me loop all the way through the ship, through the Mausoleum, back around to the Hull Breach to the entrance to the ship...at which point I run out of time and fail the sequence, and lose the loot. I was <20 seconds away from that spot and the game had me take a route that took over a minute and a half to get there. Ug. :\

Cade

Did Iron Banner just end two hours before the reset? The mode is gone and the door is closer in the tower for me.

Yeah they gave a heads-up tweet. I got to play a game that lasted post-ending, but got nothing. Phooey.

Guys did you hear there's an exploit with a class super?

Apparently with just a few button presses you can be an invincible fire god throwing a million explosive golden gun shots that heal you like hungering blade.

Kinda weird.

Should be post master, that's how I got my CE stuff. Maybe try restoring your licenses?

After restoring my licenses, it still didn't work.

I decided to check the kiosks, if I could purchase them. They are there! I can get my emote and shader now, but coming by 2500 glimmer and an exotic shard for a new player is not an easy task.

Why did the postmaster not give me these items? Why does the game think it did? I'm not a noob and forgot and dismantled them. I've got hundreds of hours on Xbox One.

So what gives? I'm thinking about emailing bungie, though I doubt that will fix anything.

maomaoIYP

True or False, IB just rolled over and Mayhem Rumble is already in its place as the weekly playlist
Not entirely correct. Mayhem rumble is the weekly crucible activity this week, complete with marks up for grabs. Unfortunately everyone just played IB and never went into the crucible menu to launch it, so most of the community missed out on it.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Not entirely correct. Mayhem rumble is the weekly crucible activity this week, complete with marks up for grabs. Unfortunately everyone just played IB and never went into the crucible menu to launch it, so most of the community missed out on it.
I don't know what you mean exactly but I was sort of being silly. Mayhem Rumble has replaced IB as the weekly playlist and will award 10 marks for the first 3 wins (per account, regardless of character) per week.

damn it's late goooodnight gaf

Frustrating evening. Trying to get one last champion down on Mars for Petra, but I'm fighting them alone, watching people fly by because the rewards suck for killing them, failing to find the lieutenants (invisible Vex in the open desert), or failing to complete them in time when I do find someone willing to help (they're kept invincible half the time due to the goblins). Earlier tonight I was with three other players participating, but none of us could find the champion when he arrived. It took all four of us nearly five minutes to find him in this weird corner at which point he despawned.

After an hour and change of failing, I decide to go grab some easy loot and use my Skyburner's beacon. Champion down, do the first step of the next quest, then the timed part. I'm inside the ship, and the beacon is to scan part of the ship. The radar icon has me loop all the way through the ship, through the Mausoleum, back around to the Hull Breach to the entrance to the ship...at which point I run out of time and fail the sequence, and lose the loot. I was <20 seconds away from that spot and the game had me take a route that took over a minute and a half to get there. First time I've ended a Destiny session by chucking my controller across the room in a long while. :

Pro tip: when fighting the champions use Gjallahorn. The damage scaling in patrol works in a way that still makes Gjallahorn the strongest heavy in the game, maybe except for swords. It's what allowed me to solo the champions.

Did you see my Tripmine effort Feetie, personally I think its got much more style than yours

vbOG8W.gif

maomaoIYP

I don't know what you mean exactly but I was sort of being silly. Mayhem Rumble has replaced IB as the weekly playlist and will award 10 marks for the first 3 wins (per account, regardless of character) per week.

damn it's late goooodnight gaf
What I mean is that mayhem rumble has been here for an entire whole week since last Tuesday, including the marks. No one noticed because players just launched IB from the director main page instead of the crucible page where mayhem rumble was sitting.

Did you see my Tripmine effort Feetie, personally I think its got much more style than yours

https://j.gifs.com/vbOG8W.gif[/MG][/QUOTE]
Nice! I missed your post first time round. I got four dudes though. :p
Tripmine multi kills never get old for me....

AngerdX

Looking to get NF done after reset, also would love to get a spot with a raid group who wouldn´t mind bringing a firsttimer, also if any are up for any pve just message me bored of running most things solo.

Psn: AengerdX

Looking to get NF done after reset, also would love to get a spot with a raid group who wouldn´t mind bringing a firsttimer, also if any are up for any pve just message me bored of running most things solo.

Psn: AengerdX

'Improvements to Nightfall rewards are coming tomorrow morning. To benefit this week, don't play it until the patch deploys at around 10AM.' Don't do it on reset.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom