• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT34| Stop Hammer Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skele7on

Banned
Oryx hard mode change.

Instead of bombs Oryx rains butts guardians must equip butt on head to do damage, butt also causes debuff fart of oryx slowly drains guardians life/super.

Tsosie

*replays The Force Awakens trailer for the 58th time*

Thank you, you just reminded me that I need to watch this.

On topic - What does DGAF think the suggested level on HMKF will be? At 303 should I hit up the NM to gear up or wait for chances at HM double loot?

Daemul

Bungie really lost a good opportunity by not making "grieves" a legendary emote. Best one yet.

It's by far the best new emote, it's relevant for nearly every situation in the game. Thank god there was no hype for it like the Carlton or Slow clap otherwise we would have had to pay extra for it lol.

GorillaJu

500 fucking arc kills for this stupid sword. Finally. And I don't even really wanna use it for my exotic weapon. Just wanna get it done.

Namikaze1

Hard Mode: Relic Holder is being chased by an Echo of Oryx while trying to retrieve the relic. Upon getting the relic and the buff from the knight, the echo shows up for everyone. Now you have to fend that off while trying to keep Big Ass Oryx's chest open for the bombs.

LiK

Eh looking at their pricing model im gonna wait for GOTY edition or something.
$150 or whatever for a new game to get all the content is bs.

i'll definitely wait for reviews first. wanna make sure there's enough content on day one to care.

I hope they make Touch of Malice more useful for this hard raid, but I'm sure they'll make it even more pointless than it already is or even completely useless.
The uselessness outside of two raid fights annoys the hell out of me with this thing. It was annoying as fuck to get.
It's like doing the exotic sword quest and getting a No Land Beyond.
Easily the worst exotic.

Tovarisc

Got daily PvP lobby where everyone had PR from IB. This must be what Battlefrong beta felt like, lazors and spawnraping for days.

I hope they make Touch of Malice more useful for this hard raid, but I'm sure they'll make it even more pointless than it already is or even completely useless.
The uselessness outside of two raid fights annoys the hell out of me with this thing. It was annoying as fuck to get.
Easily the worst exotic.

You are confusing shitty item design with intentional design that makes item very situational. Y2 exotic armors are shit design with next to no situational use.

E92 M3

It's by far the best new emote, it's relevant for nearly every situation in the game. Thank god there was no hype for it like the Carlton or Slow clap otherwise we would have had to pay extra for it lol.

Yep, it works perfectly for everything! My second favorite is "Blow a Kiss" for PVP.

phen0m24

Easily the worst exotic.

Homeboyd called it yesterday that you will have to sacrifice a ToM* to start the fight.

lulz

*and three of your fireteam

Kyoufu

Touch of Malice, outside of two encounters in the game is straight up junk. All that effort for barely anything.

Destiny in a nutshell.

Cade

I like your design philosophy. Have you ever considered pursuing a career in game development at Bungie?

Yeah, but I'm workshopping my idea where the relic holder for Oryx and Daughters is permanently blinded and his team has to call out precise jumping directions for him.

Klyka

Banned
Touch of Malice, outside of two encounters in the game is straight up junk. All that effort for barely anything.

Destiny in a nutshell.

I got killed by one in Iron banner last night.

At first I thought a Thorn was shooting at me cause of the green-ish hits but then it said ToM.

Skele7on

Banned
Easily the worst exotic.

excuse me sir, I need a word with you, this calling out of the god gun NLB will not be tolerated, it takes dedication and skill, but once you master the NLB you're a different breed of animal.

Shito

Whatever this Kotaku thing is, a journalist friend working for another website is telling me he has nothing Destiny related in stock.
It doesn't seem too big of a news. ^^

excuse me sir, I need a word with you, this calling out of the god gun NLB will not be tolerated, it takes dedication and skill, but once you master the NLB you're a different breed of animal.
I actually believe you. I'm sure a good player can wreck with it, but it seems to be the exotic weapon everyone immediately makes fun of.

Testing! Anyone interested in a Blind, Newbie, "We're all gonna die!" Normal Mode King's Fall raid for either this Friday or Saturday? I've neither read boss strategies or plan on doing it as It's more fun to explore/figure out these big endgame raids yourself. I'm probably also going to institute a "if people are getting frustrated let's look at a strategy online" policy. Shoot me a PM if you're interested!

People for All-newbie Friday 8pm EST (and/or some other various time Saturday) King's Fall (Normal) raid:
1. Owensboro (PSN: OwensboroEsq)
2. DarKshodaN (PSN: Darkshodan84)
3. Emouse (PSN: ___)(GMT [+4 hours])
-. Z2phon (PSN: ___) (currently Light Level 275. Needs ~290)

Reserve 1: tarzanpuyol (PSN: ___) (Saturday definitely, Friday possible)
Reserve 2: Pandora 012 (PSN: Pandora012)

QUESTION FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO HAVE BEATEN THE RAID: please use non-spoilery answers <3
1. What light level is minimum required? I imagine 290, like it says, but wanted to check the ability for us to bring 285 or even a 280. I imagine they'd be useless in the back half of the thing.
2. What equipment is must have? I've read at least a 280 weapon and a high impact sniper. What Heavy should be used? Machine Gun, Rocket Launcher, Sword, or Sleeper Stimulant?
3. Any other quick prep advice a team would need to complete the place?

Thanks everyone!

psn is picklesandrobots

G_Berry

Banned
Tonights raid run:

+ 2 pairs of raid gloves (both shitter light than my current)

+ 1 raid shotgun (shitter light than my current)

- 20 mouldering shards
+ 2 mouldering shards

This game.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Where's that "It's nothing" gif? I need it just in case.

c2c742d744f7b80bc4005fe2e4fe6ae96ae703621e60eaa27d971e56d32c75eb_1.gif

Klyka

Banned
Whatever this Kotaku thing is, a journalist friend working for another website is telling me he has nothing Destiny related in stock.
It doesn't seem too big of a news. ^^

Schreier said he is big journalist man,so he dug this up himself

KOTAKU EXCLUSIVE: IS ORYX THE TAKEN KING AN OBJECTOPHILIAC??
TEN REASONS SAY YES!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom