• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT34| Stop Hammer Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GlamFM

Banned
If it´s bad news it will be bad news on an entirely different scale.

Jason is not teasing a weapon parts nerf...

I stick to my f2p bet.

:(

Lnkn52

Lenny using that clap emote in the Guitar Hero commercial

aYBiP1.gif

It's best to always expect a piece of bad news with every patch.

Weapon parts capped at 25

Every damn time I found a new piece of gear that makes me giggle killing stuff I do wonder "how much time until they nerf this?"

Now It's spreading to economy as well.

"Oh, I have 678 Motes of Light. Better not to use any of them, because sooner or later, they'll get impossible to find"

"Oh, I have 458 ass shards left. Hum. Better not converting them, because sooner or later, Bungie will make them relevant again".

They should stop this trend. Not everything needs to be overly balanced and the game's economy should be reliable and stable, to the very least.

E92 M3

Every damn time I found a new piece of gear that makes me giggle killing stuff I do wonder "how much time until they nerf this?"

Now It's spreading to economy as well.

"Oh, I have 678 Motes of Light. Better not to use any of them, because sooner or later, they'll get impossible to find"

"Oh, I have 458 ass shards left. Hum. Better not converting them, because sooner or later, Bungie will make them relevant again".

They should stop this trend. Not everything needs to be overly balanced and the game's economy should be reliable and stable, to the very least.

Unfortunately, hoarding has been the best way to play Destiny since launch. It has never failed me. Never once.

Also, if Destiny goes F2P, I will quit playing.

Hey there, haven't posted in a while, mostly been lurking. But last night I finally got my Platinum and Flawless Raider going Solo on Crota!

I've been dying to try this and just didn't have time before... But now with the swords and such I figured it was a good time! My first attempt at soloing Crota went pretty well, so i thought i would try for Flawless... and i got it fir try :) It was easier than i was expecting! And i am well aware i'm by no means special for doing this, I just made a video for my friends and they said i should post it here, so here it goes:
https://youtu.be/SJ0Gre5qBgM

I'm far from pro, i almost die a few times (mostly being an idiot), but I added commentary so I think it is at least entertaining!

The video starts at the second wizard before the Deathsinger (i forgot to record the first part since it only does 15 minutes...) but i used invisibility to do the lamps and Bones of Eao to cross the bridge with the sword. Total run was 27 minutes, much quicker than i expected.

Although it doesn't show in the video, Flawless Raider was the last trophy I needed so i also got my Platinum :D

spyder_ur

It really sucks that you can't put in the orders all the way up until the delivery. Weird decision.

Yeah, it is a bit strange. I usually do the bounties quickly on Wednesday, but I remember saying to myself that I wanted to keep slots clear for IB/Trials drops so I would pick them up later.

The rocker launcher last week was pretty good, but otherwise, there's never anything I would use over my current weapons.

Yeah, probably not. At least I'll probably get some rolls for leveling up the Gunsmith this week.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Unfortunately, hoarding has been the best way to play Destiny since launch. It has never failed me. Never once.

Also, if Destiny goes F2P, I will quit playing.

This hatred of F2P is overbroad. Have you played Planetside 2? Amazing game. Totally F2P.

PuMa

Yeah, it is a bit strange. I usually do the bounties quickly on Wednesday, but I remember saying to myself that I wanted to keep slots clear for IB/Trials drops so I would pick them up later.

I do the same thing. It would be different if we could just put the orders in the vault or something. I don't want them taking up so many slots!

E92 M3

This hatred of F2P is overbroad. Have you played Planetside 2? Amazing game. Totally F2P.

I have not played that, but played other F2P games in the past (Gunbound which eventually turned to shit). Just don't like the concept of F2P. We will end up spending more money to get the same value we would have gotten from a 40-60 dollar expansion.

F2P best guess. Super long shot.. PC release.

Edit: Heroes of the Storm was the only F2P game I played a bunch and I loved it. I didn't spend a dime for months and was able to enjoy the content without any detriment. Only after I had already banked 80+ hours did I spend a few on silly costumes for my favorite heroes. In the end, still came in around $20 spent on a game I sunk 100+ hours in to.

Shito

Hey there, haven't posted in a while, mostly been lurking. But last night I finally got my Platinum and Flawless Raider going Solo on Crota!

I've been dying to try this and just didn't have time before... But now with the swords and such I figured it was a good time! My first attempt at soloing Crota went pretty well, so i thought i would try for Flawless... and i got it fir try :) It was easier than i was expecting! And i am well aware i'm by no means special for doing this, I just made a video for my friends and they said i should post it here, so here it goes:

I'm far from pro, i almost die a few times (mostly being an idiot), but I added commentary so I think it is at least entertaining!

The video starts at the second wizard before the Deathsinger (i forgot to record the first part since it only does 15 minutes...) but i used invisibility to do the lamps and Bones of Eao to cross the bridge with the sword. Total run was 27 minutes, much quicker than i expected.

Although it doesn't show in the video, Flawless Raider was the last trophy I needed so i also got my Platinum :D
Well done man!
I'll have to do this as well one day, I'm probably in the minority there but I loved the fact that you could solo CE... ^^

Well done man!
I'll have to do this as well one day, I'm probably in the minority there but I loved the fact that you could solo CE... ^^
Thanks man :) And i agree! People always say soloing makes a mockery of the raid but i think it is awesome that it is possible, really satisfying challenge

Number45

It really sucks that you can't put in the orders all the way up until the delivery. Weird decision.
Hey, you've gotta give those guys the time to fill the orders.

The rocker launcher last week was pretty good, but otherwise, there's never anything I would use over my current weapons.
If nothing else I'll be able to finish my gunsmith quest by sharding the AR. Fucking sharded Monte Carlo last night and promptly found out exotics don't count.

Deku Tree

I collected paradox ghosts on three toons. I am ready to collect three 330 Time to Explains...
I'll use two of them for infusion.

Definity

So how many exotics are still behind a time gate? Fully expecting Bungie to release a few of them as soon as halo 5 launches.

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member

Congratulations! I've been thinking of doing this myself sometime.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I have not played that, but played other F2P games in the past (Gunbound which eventually turned to shit). Just don't like the concept of F2P. We will end up spending more money to get the same value we would have gotten from a 40-60 dollar expansion.

It really doesn't have to be that way. I spent $0 in PS2 and worshipped that game (still do, if my PC would cooperate :) ). It was never pay to win and I never felt outgunned. I've spent hundred of bucks (really) in other F2P games and it sucked - those are the games where it turns into P2W and it's impossible to catch up. I can't imagine Destiny turning into the latter, and it's very likely going to be like the former.

E92 M3

I made my second ever montage. My first was for Titanfall but for my second, I chose Destiny. Contains clips from 1.0 up to 2.01. Here's the link for anyone on DestinyGAF interested or bored. The very first clip is my favorite.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tOORcAcQKI

Entertaining - first clip was funny.

If the game gets F2P, I'm out.

After 1083 hours #wastedondestiny

Yeah, just doesn't feel right to invest thousands of hours in an FTP game. Will honestly be shocked if Destiny does that.

It really doesn't have to be that way. I spent $0 in PS2 and worshipped that game (still do, if my PC would cooperate :) ). It was never pay to win and I never felt outgunned. I've spent hundred of bucks (really) in other F2P games and it sucked - those are the games where it turns into P2W and it's impossible to catch up. I can't imagine Destiny turning into the latter, and it's very likely going to be like the former.

We can just never trust Activision too much and most importantly, I think having F2P attached to most franchises devalues it. Obviously, we have games like LoL and Dota that are huge.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Good morning! My story has nothing to do with the patch. I'm also not under any NDAs -- I wouldn't tease something that I had gotten from a publisher under embargo, because that'd make me a PR man, not a journalist. This is a real story. And anyone who follows my work knows that I don't tease things unless they're worth teasing. Should be within the next few hours. Stay tuned. (Also it'll be on my Twitter as soon as it's live so that's the best place to keep track: https://twitter.com/jasonschreier)

Top 10 reasons why the Traveler is actually a cube.

X-Frame

What's a better heavy to buy with marks this week: Thunderlord or Truth?

Speaking primarily for PvP.

I'll likely wait until Friday first just to make sure Xur isn't selling one of those though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom