• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT34| Stop Hammer Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

border

Hey all, was wondering if anyone had the patience and time to run the Kings fall raid on normal with four fresh peeps. We've been trying to do it for the past couple of weeks but we couldn't find anyone to run it with us.

I'd be interested. It would be good practice for me as I'm just about ready to start including KF in the rotation for Weekly Newbie Raids. When were you thinking of doing this?

I would be happy to go if Hawkian is serving as guide. I would be a first timer as well, though I'd probably watch a few video guides before hand. I can bring any class, all of them are at 295 with decent Scouts and Snipers.

I am free for the remainder of today, but beyond that my schedule for the rest of the week is all over the place.

Yeah but the sparrow was the reason for it.

What im saying is even if you character roll around on the floor i assume the hitbox and the geometry model of the character is still in the same position as when you used the mote. Which wont allow you to enter the geometry using an emote, as character will resume from the position it started.

If you get what i mean.

Get Uni stuff done, then hammer it up.

Yeah, again you keep mentioning how they work and I am saying, "if someone finds a way to make them not behave that way", Shit goes wrong when things stop working as intended. I know you can't dance through bullets or reduced your hitbox with a bow. But as they start flooding the market with emotes, who knows what will slip through the cracks and have...unintended consequences as in not how they were meant to behave. Who knows what B team is going to be relegated to pumping these out each month. The Carlton dance already looks wonky as fuck.

Kyne

When we did King's Fall you had 3 PS4s on the same network didn't you? I didn't notice any network issues.

didn't even think about this (though, that was at my GF's place).

yeah, we had x2 directly wired and one on the router. Seems like Time Warner configures that shit pretty well I guess. I have TW back at our place as well, so I don't see it being an issue.

border

My weekly procrastination has gotten the better of me. I want to do 1 or more of the following things.

1. Nightfall -- can do it 1x, 2x, 3x
2. Exotic Sword Alak'Hul run -- can do it for any sword element type

Quote me with a response if you'd be interested in any of the above. All my characters are at 295.

didn't even think about this (though, that was at my GF's place).

yeah, we had x2 directly wired and one on the router. Seems like Time Warner configures that shit pretty well I guess. I have TW back at our place as well, so I don't see it being an issue.

That's good news then! I really enjoyed playing with everyone Friday night & would be happy to party up again.

KanameYuuki

My weekly procrastination has gotten the better of me. I want to do 1 or more of the following things.

Quote me with a response if you'd be interested in any of the above. All my characters are at 295.

I would like to join you for the exotic sword, I have to do Arc/Void with my 300+ Warlock and Solar with my 29X Titan, The only problem is that I have to wait until armsday since I just completed the materials and ability kills.

Really hoping there's a hidden dance emote or three out of the three emotes they've yet to reveal. I'm not really feeling most of the gestures they've shown off.

Frostburn

Where is the So Good emote!?

2372923-1299378965-iBEwT.gif

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

Quick NF? I invited you
Hey heard ya'll #team1sttry'd oryx last night. So bummed I had to bail. You around tonight at all?
Yep, I'm yours. have ToM now so I can solo it obviously.

border

I would like to join you for the exotic sword, I have to do Arc/Void with my 300+ Warlock and Solar with my 29X Titan, The only problem is that I have to wait until armsday since I just completed the materials and ability kills.

Let's plan on doing Arc then. My PSN is border199x.....I'm going to try and run this Nightfall quick with Hawkian.

Can we find a third person for an Arc Exotic Sword run?

Deku Tree

Did Luke ever chime into the last OT to answer Drizzay's thread title question?

1) This forum has username post searching.
2) No he didn't
3) He did say this today which essentially puts the topic to rest:

Real talk: information like that isn't ever going to be something I post and additionally, I'm almost never going to respond to open Q&A either here on GAF (or on Twitter for the same reasons I described on a podcast I did recently).

I do appreciate people asking questions and caring, but I'm going to be straight up about expectation management surrounding me answering questions.

rje

I don't play too many multiplayer games but after a friend convinced me to get destiny last week, I'm totally hooked.

I also picked up a sony wireless gold headset so I could use voice chat, but for some reason it's not working when I party with my friend. We've tried both party chat and in-game chat and nothing seems to be working. I can hear him fine, but he can't hear me.

Other things I've tried:
  • Sending him a voice message works fine
  • When I go into party settings to adjust the volume mix, I can hear my voice being echoed back
  • Destiny can clearly 'hear' me, I see the chat icon pop up when I talk.

Any ideas what could be causing this? At this point I'm thinking it might be my friend's setup that has an issue, not mine.

Dreez

Is anyone else out there as addicted as me? I've been logging in before work and as soon as I get home... Thinking about leveling a 3rd character so I can raid 3x... 😯😯😯😯😯

I keep seeing that Iron Banner lag fest shit but it honestly was as bad as any P2P based multiplayer.

Pretty much. P2P + Playerbase from all over the globe = Lag.

I know that I've actually gone up against a GAF Crucible Train a couple of times over the past year and the players on the Train from the EU were harder to get hit detection on (from my PoV). Which isn't at all their fault. It's just how it goes sometimes. I'm positive it's happened in the other direction as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom