• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT34| Stop Hammer Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

todd360

At this point, why not complain about the press getting to preview new iPhones before everyone else? Bungie is essentially making the streamers their "press", and raising hype through them.

I'm not trying to complain. I'm just questioning the decision to do what they are doing.

I would totally watch you stream Todd.

I would definitely stream trials if my internet connection was good enough. I'm sure I'll have moved to a place with better internet within 10 years of destiny haha.

border

I am looking to do 1 more Nightfall.

I will also do any of the Exotic Sword Strikes (Void/Arc/Solar), if we can get 3 people.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Oh ok. Still though. Why give that to them instead of just posting it themselves for everyone?

Free advertising not from the source. Meaning if it came directly from bungie it would probably come across as a sales pitch. Where as if it comes from popular community individuals, it looks better and gets people hyped. It's a win win for both parties involved.

LiK

Free advertising not from the source. Meaning if it came directly from bungie it would probably come across as a sales pitch. Where as if it comes from popular community individuals, it looks better and gets people hyped. It's a win win for both parties involved.

exactly.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Got my first FWC ship

it only took 39 levels and more than a year lol

Interesting. Got all emblems, shader and the ship as i hit 25.

FWC do appreciate my full attention.
Until i recently switched to do the other 2 faction.

I feel like ive made a mistake.

Tovarisc

Oh ok. Still though. Why give that to them instead of just posting it themselves for everyone?

Gesture of goodwill towards that part of community that keeps exposing their game to majority of community. For e.g. you could say that Datto getting these small gifts and gestures from Bungie, even invites to Bungie HQ, makes him more likely to be positive about Bungie and Destiny in the future. Same time Datto knows that accepting these special things guarantees him so unique or even exclusive content to release which in return generates him extra money that month.

Relationship like that between developer/publisher and youtubers like Datto can be very unhealthy as it can affect on what kind coverage Datto produces. Better not be too negative or critical so special treatment doesn't stop.

LevelCap got into semi deep shit for relationship like that when it came into light he had been paid by publisher/developer to create content, but LC never said it was paid for by 3rd party.

Interesting. Got all emblems, shader and the ship as i hit 25.

FWC do appreciate my full attention.
Until i recently switched to do the other 2 faction.

I feel like ive made a mistake.

I hate you. I have 100 levels of DO across my 3 characters and still no ship.

todd360

That's a good explanation.

I didn't mean to divert the thread from dance hype to marketing tactics. Sorry everyone. Gonna go eat dinner now.

LiK

That's a good explanation.

I didn't mean to divert the thread from dance hype to marketing tactics. Sorry everyone. Gonna go eat dinner now.

people are talking about the dances because the streamers are previewing them. i don't see anything wrong with asking.

Kyne

thankfully the smartloot (tm) seems to work well with factions.

I now have in my possession every shader and ship (both year 1 and 2) from DO. Time to move on to New Monarchy.

Jblanks

They should've done an intense out call instead of the safe one (baseball).

To use when someone tries sliding shotgunning you, but you melt them.

thankfully the smartloot (tm) seems to work well with factions.

I now have in my possession every shader and ship (both year 1 and 2) from DO. Time to move on to New Monarchy.

;_; I have the DO exotic bond on my warlock and I'm still missing the "Nowhere" and ships

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Those dances better not be restricted to classes or race. I'm gonna use the slow clap on so many people in strikes. Could've used it today on some idiot.

Kyne

;_; I have the DO exotic bond on my warlock and I'm still missing the "Nowhere" and ships

sux mang.

i'm still waiting for Bittersteel to drop.

sux mang x2.

on the note of DO exotic bonds... THEY ARE ALL BROWN.

Seriously. It's a dark brown. It's not even black. How the fuck does Bungie mess stuff like this up. The only shader in the game that works with it is Sulfur Burnish, which I'm pretty sure is a titan exclusive shader.

LiK

Those dances better not be restricted to classes or race. I'm gonna use the slow clap on so many people in strikes. Could've used it today on some idiot.

class exclusive emotes are possible. don't we have class specific waves and dances already?

Tovarisc

Seriously. It's a dark brown. It's not even black. How the fuck does Bungie mess stuff like this up. The only shader in the game that works with it is Sulfur Burnish, which I'm pretty sure is a titan exclusive shader.

Well Revenant, which was considered to be black shader of the game, has more brown camopattern in it than it has black.

Kyne

205 legendary marks for iron banner armor.

can't wait
to be forced
to buy the IB Titan mark even though I already have at least 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom