• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT34| Stop Hammer Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiK

see? 200 limit for marks was lame. i said that right from the first announcement. people will need to farm quite a bit during IB week to get everything.

spyder_ur

1.) yes, get your first quest to the farming part then transfer the other two legendary swords to that same character. Infuse them above 280 and max out their XP and you will get the other two exotic sword quests on that same character. Skips the steps for 25 PvP kills, 50 major kills and go kill the sword guy on Dreadnaught patrol.

2.) Go to orbit. Change your PSN date back one day in your settings. Load into patrol, it will now be your own instance so nobody else can join. Use the zone in/out exploit to continuously farm the same material nodes. I found two nodes near the Rocketyard entrance, grabbed them both then sparrow back to Divide then back to Rocketyard. Repeat as needed. Took 40 minutes to get all ten fancy spin metals.

You can find the same types of nodes between Archer's Line, Anchor of Light and/or Hellmouth zone edges. Same thing for places like Buried City or Scablands on Mars.

Sorry for pulling up an old post, but does anyone know more about this farming technique? I feel like it glitched the nodes and I wasn't seeing any at all.

Arrrammis

I'm starting to think I shouldn't have done the solar sword on my Warlock. Titan and hunter void sucks ass.

Should've went:

Warlock - Void
Hunter - Arc
Titan - Solar
You don't have to do them all on different characters. You can get the legendary sword and then transfer to one character, then upgrade it. You'll get the quest for the exotic sword, and once you get one of them, starting a second exotic sword quest on that same character will let you skip the whole 25 crucible kills and 50 major kills. Pretty useful.

Tovarisc

see? 200 limit for marks was lame. i said that right from the first announcement. people will need to farm quite a bit during IB week to get everything.

Also it doesn't help matters that sources for marks are very limited, people are forced to do PvP and PvE daily even if they don't like e.g. PvP.

neoism

man ive been soooo fucking unlucky with primary drops..:( my highest is my 292 supercell...:( i wonder if a 290 hawksaw will be high enough...for ib

Afrocious

I used my Warlock to get my Solar and Void exotic swords. I've saved the best for last. Killing all those thrall in the first mission was annoying with the Sunsinger super. It got better with the Voidwalker super. Might actually have fun using the Stormcaller super in the mission.

lol I'm running strikes with randoms and I get the void flayer cloak to drop with my Titan. Then one of the hunters in the group gets close to me then jumps off the side of the platform to his death. lol

Feels bad cause I don't even need this thing. My only character is a Titan.

Me, Lt, Hawkian, and T44 in about 6-7 hours depending on when LT is free!

With WheelHoss I count 5.

latest

SnakeEyes

Banned
man ive been soooo fucking unlucky with primary drops..:( my highest is my 292 supercell...:( i wonder if a 290 hawksaw will be high enough...for ib
Hasn't there been mention of Iron Banner being 280 Light and Trials being 290, or was that just all speculation?

border

The 200 mark limit keeps Bungie honest. It means that they can never charge more than 200 marks for anything.

If they ever bump up the cap, I would expect to see stuff that costs 250+ marks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom