• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT34| Stop Hammer Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

micah

Looking for a raid run on Oryx at reset. Done it several times already; will bring my 308 warlock with the Malice. Would like to get a team who has done it previously.

PSN - m1cah

Tecnniqe

Banned
That ones probably $20 usd lol.

shut_up_and_take_my_money_by_linkinspirit-d5fg2fp.jpg

LiK

What will be nice is the free content we'll get from them selling emotes.

not the point of my comment but with your logic, let's also sell shaders and emblems. cuz why not.

anyway, exotic emotes where you can only obtain through skill is better than just buying them when you use them. you can still buy your normal emotes if you want.

For the new page: need 4 more for KF at the sisters I'm about 30-45 minutes.

Am I the only one that feels like no meaningful content will come of the micro transactions, and that if they are a big hit it will only encourage non cosmetic ones?

SkylineRKR

Oh man...I don't blame anyone considering how the Sleeper Simulant was handled. I sincerely hope the "No Time to Explain" has a much better quest. If I have to wait another three hours on any planet for a public event...well...I'll be a grumpy monkey.

Speaking of...does anyone actually use their Simulant? I have it on me, but rarely break it out.

I do, and after being disappointed at first I realize I simply had been spoilt by my Bolt Caster too much. But Sleeper Simulant is an excellent heavy weapon by all other means. I mean, the fuzz was about Gjallarhorn in 1.0, and later Celestial Nighthawk. Sleeper Simulant does damage the size of these 2 things, and can shoot 7 or more times.

I played Shadow Thief for example, and I tethered Taniks, I shot about 3 Sleepers in his face, and I saw another guy shoot him with it too. Taniks fell within 10 seconds. Literally during the time he warped to the back he was dead. Thats the fastest kill I've done on him with randoms.

I believe Fireteams also bodied Atheon within this amount of time with it.

I'm hoping to squeeze in a fresh raid tonight if anyone else is interested.

What will be nice is the free content we'll get from them selling emotes.
I hope. Part of this feels a bit like...I don't know what the word is. "We won't make you give us money for new content....as long as you give us money for some new content."

Tovarisc

not the point of my comment but with your logic, let's also sell shaders and emblems. cuz why not.

Emotes, shaders, emblems, sparrows and ships.

I'm very surprised if all of these items don't land in microtransaction store sooner than later. They allow personalisation of your Guardian without selling power and/or advantages for real money. In future they also could try something like selling extra vault space for real money, no real advantage yet some extra convenience for collectors.

spyder_ur

For anyone who might be curious about timing on popping the exotic sword quests on your main from one of your alts in order to skip PvP part:

My situation was that I have the first exotic sword quest up to the "waiting for armsday stage". Today I retrieved both of the other swords on my alts. I mistakenly even infused one of them to 280+ while on my alt. I just now switched them over, leveled them up, filled in the bubbles, and Shaxx popped both quests in the "Essential Elements stage" (materials/ability kills). I did have to go to him, no marker. So it worked fine.

Now just to figure out how get void kills on my Titan.

Tecnniqe

Banned

I'm very surprised if all of these items don't land in microtransaction store sooner than later. They allow personalisation of your Guardian without selling power and/or advantages for real money. In future they also could try something like selling extra vault space for real money, no real advantage yet some extra convenience for collectors.

As long as they keep it optional and not optimal...
Vault space is heading in the direction towards optimal.

LiK

they're probably gonna do it step by step. first emotes, then the other cosmetic stuff if it's successful.

personally, i will not buy that stuff cuz i'm more impressed with shaders and emblems and ships you get from a tough quest.

they should also make people pay $20 to change the look of their Guardians. Kotick is happy.

border

What if the emotes are priced according to how popular they are meant to be?

$2 - Come at me bro
$5 - Slow clap
$10 - Carlton Dance

hydruxo

Cosmetic items in microtransactions are fine but I think any future vault space should remain a free quality of life update for all players.

todd360

Apparently not. Streamers have previews, won't go live for us Norms until rollover I'd say.

Nope, once new patch hits they will be

Its starting to feel like we are second class citizens. Popular streamers get so many perks in this game.

they're probably gonna do it step by step. first emotes, then the other cosmetic stuff if it's successful.

personally, i will not buy that stuff cuz i'm more impressed with shaders and emblems and ships you get from a tough quest.

they should also make people pay $20 to change the look of their Guardians. Kotick is happy.

I don't think money makes kotick happy anymore. I think it's more of a hunger. Like he probably will die if he doesn't stop milking us. He can't quit cold turkey.

Tovarisc

What if the emotes are priced according to how popular they are meant to be?

$2 - Come at me bro
$5 - Slow clap
$10 - Carlton Dance

I'm surprised if they don't do just this. More desired and/or complex stuff costing more than more simple stuff etc.

Its starting to feel like we are second class citizens. Popular streamers get so many perks in this game.

Afaik they just got some .avi's in mail that show off those emotes.

Tecnniqe

Banned

It's one thing that bugs me with Bungie. No matter how big or small streamers and youtubers get everything before the "players".

Gotta make that cash somehow i guess.

Jblanks

Is there a full list of what emotes are coming tomorrow ?

Also got a 3rd Zhalo yesterday, this time it was 310. Thought you guys would like to know.

I don't think money makes kotick happy anymore. I think it's more of a hunger. Like he probably will die if he doesn't stop milking us. He can't quit cold turkey.

It's one thing that bugs me with Bungie. No matter how big or small streamers and youtubers get everything before the "players".

At this point, why not complain about the press getting to preview new iPhones before everyone else? Bungie is essentially making the streamers their "press", and raising hype through them.

I would totally watch you stream Todd.

todd360

I'm surprised if they don't do just this. More desired and/or complex stuff costing more than more simple stuff etc.

Afaik they just got some .avi's in mail that show off those emotes.

Oh ok. Still though. Why give that to them instead of just posting it themselves for everyone?

border

It's a pretty smart way to get news and information out to every nook and cranny in the community. And it's not like they're being handed exotic weapons or anything.

Tecnniqe

Banned
At this point, why not complain about the press getting to preview new iPhones before everyone else? Bungie is essentially making the streamers their "press", and raising hype through them.

But but, they get all the new cool stuff!!! FREE!!
:( I want a new iPawn
And emotes, loooots of free emote.

All them emotes really, free!

Or better yet, PAY ME TO SHOW THEM!
It's a pretty smart way to get news and information out to every nook and cranny in the community. And it's not like they're being handed exotic weapons or anything.
It probably came across worse than i meant for it to be :p
I get why they do it, but they do it too much was what i was trying to get at.

They could just post it themselves and they would still get videos made, and it would be a lot cleaner for us to see everything without having to watch a bazillion videos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom