• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT34| Stop Hammer Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

R0ckman

Dat t-shirt

s0ovn3c.jpg

Is this possible? It should be a garunteed equipment piece! How can some of the devs be proud of this ****!?

Never expect anything from blueberries. The occasional pleasant surprise of playing with rando's that actually know what they're doing is outweighed by the ineptitude of the rest.

I just had this surprise in my last skirmish match. The guy actually stuck close to me and we worked together in harmony lol. He even fled from a sunbreaker super!!

Tovarisc

Is this possible? It should be a garunteed equipment piece! How can some of the devs be proud of this ****!?

Didn't Luke say in some interview that it's by design that 20 shards can give you 2 shards? Talk about doing some weird design decisions that most of people won't find logical nor fun.

I just can't find anything worth using in crucible. I've tried many pulse rifles but still do better with my Vanity hand cannon. Old habits never die.

Sunbreaker super is fucking obnoxious, may as well sit down and let them kill me.

This post had some pretty good details about pulse rifles in Crucible. I don't agree w everything but it gives a good overview. Gotta embrace the age of PRs, I doubt anything else will be super competitive.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CruciblePlaybook/comments/3oibkk/pulse_rifle_101/

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
woohoo!
that was stressful. way moreso than the thorn quest O_O

Got much easier when I stopped trying to do shenanigans like switching to the gun when I got heavy or anything and just committed to learning to do decently with TLW. I have to admit... as much as I felt the nerf at first I came out of this enjoying the gun much more than I expected. I even got the quest done just a couple minutes into that last match and still kept it equipped to finish (and win :D) it just for fun.

Are you not guaranteed 2 shards from Oryx? Shouldn't the 20 give you an extra 2? Makes no sense.

I just had this surprise in my last skirmish match. The guy actually stuck close to me and we worked together in harmony lol. He even fled from a sunbreaker super!!

What a guy.
0ALOY0a.png

Looking for more for a late night US (or early EU), 11pm PST / 6am GMT last minute before reset Oryx kill. That's about five and a half hours from now. Have Oryx checkpoint, (rather, Taistelumurmeli does) will travel.

1. Teasing_Pink (psn same as gaf)
2. Taistelumurmeli

Tentative: Mindlog

Mindlog

Looking for more for a late night US (or early EU), 11pm PST / 6am GMT last minute before reset Oryx kill. That's about five and a half hours from now. Have Oryx checkpoint, (rather, Taistelumurmeli does) will travel.

1. Teasing_Pink (psn same as gaf)
2. Taistelumurmeli
I'm in!
Wait, 11 PST.
I'm out!
Probably.

PSN Mindlog

Fun game :]

Dalek

Is there anyone here that has done Prison of Elders since Taken King launched and you got an Exotic drop? I know they said Exotic would still drop-but I've yet to see one and I'm suspicious.

SheHateMe

Yeah both of those sound fishy to me too. Never seen a Ghost at Warpriest or a weapon at Golgi after 30+ raids. Must be a crazy low drop rate if true.

Fwiw it took me 7 full raids to get a Ghost. I've done 11 full clears for loot (out of 12 chances) and gotten 0 items at 310 Light. Hooray.

I THINK(?) I got the Ghost at Warpriest? Maybe? I remember getting the Ghost early in my Raid run, because I equipped it immediately.

Are you not guaranteed 2 shards from Oryx? Shouldn't the 20 give you an extra 2? Makes no sense.]

Yes, this is my question as well. Has anyone actually gotten 4 shards from Oryx? I haven't heard of that yet. The two are guaranteed for all encounters, they don't consume mouldering.

I thought it happened to me this week but realized later there was a crappy 300 Light shotgun in the postmaster. Still basically useless but at least it was something.

Mindlog

Is there anyone here that has done Prison of Elders since Taken King launched and you got an Exotic drop? I know they said Exotic would still drop-but I've yet to see one and I'm suspicious.
Funny enough I did get an exotic from the ONE time I played level 28.
It was a second Nothing Manacles. No year 2 version of that so 170 Light.
So I learned the hard way that there's a glimmer/vanguard marks cap. Best use of both?
Marks I upgrade constantly and occasionally grab an updated exotic.
Glimmer I always burn on Heavy Ammo Synthesis. Heavy Ammo is useful and when I have too much I can just burn some for faction rank. My Titan started this DLC just shy of level 4 with FWC and is already at level 13.

I got the Rocket Launcher "Truth" to drop from it, only just got the game when TTK dropped.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I think you are guaranteed to get item and then if you have 20 shards you can get extra item or 2 shards. I usually get 2 shards for my 20, it's such bullshit design.

Well.. that's the only thing wrong with it IMO. They should just remove 2 shards from whatever table that 20 shard check rolls against. I like the extra drop from anywhere in the raid plus the ability to move them around between characters to make sure whichever one you're on has 20`

I think you are guaranteed to get item and then if you have 20 shards you can get extra item or 2 shards. I usually get 2 shards for my 20, it's such bullshit design.
I got 2 shards from Oryx on my Titan once and she didn't have 20 on her. Can't actually remember if I got an item or not. It went to the postmaster if I did.

Raid or banner tonight raid or banner tonight.

Trying to work and that's all that is going through my head.

I'd like to trials this weekend but I'm average at pvp so probably pointless.

I'll join.
Psn stantron

I'm up for it, PSN Tumudorr , will be on in 2 mins

Sounds good. I'll send invites now.

If that's five and it's on PSN I'm in :]
Nope, looks like 6 already. I'm out!

Any more? -edit - doesn't look like it

Sorry yall, it filled up unless silver is just helping and doesn't need it?..

I think you're 6th, Mindlog.

No, primary weapon is only guaranteed on your very first oryx kill. Any kill after that can drop primary, helmet or 2 shards.

20 shards can pull from anything in the loot table, and that includes 2 shards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom