• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT34| Stop Hammer Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The best way to maximize your loot chances from oryx is to always have minimum 5 moldering shards in your inventory when starting a fresh raid. This way you will always end up with 20 shards at oryx for the extra loot chance, because 15 shards is guaranteed drop if you hit all the chests and bosses on the way to oryx.

Tovarisc

I got 2 shards from Oryx on my Titan once and she didn't have 20 on her. Can't actually remember if I got an item or not. It went to the postmaster if I did.

No, primary weapon is only guaranteed on your very first oryx kill. Any kill after that can drop primary, helmet or 2 shards.

20 shards can pull from anything in the loot table, and that includes 2 shards.

That is just extra level of fuckery then. "Good job on clearing PvE end game content, you have killed the King! Here, take these 2 shards to aid in your travels!"

Number45

The Taikonaut dropped for me - first thing I've actually wanted that has dropped for me since I've been playing. Now to find a good rocket launcher without tracker so that I can get some use from it!

I'm a bit confused by the exotic armour kiosk. There are exotic items that I've discovered (they're in my vault in fact) that don't appear in there for me. The Stag for example, no sign of it in that kiosk. :s

The best way to maximize your loot chances from oryx is to always have minimum 5 moldering shards in your inventory when starting a fresh raid. This way you will always end up with 20 shards at oryx for the extra loot chance, because 15 shards is guaranteed drop if you hit all the chests and bosses on the way to oryx.

All my shards just get passed around my characters when they do a raid. Does mean eventually someone is getting the shaft though. Like my Titan that one time.

The Taikonaut dropped for me - first thing I've actually wanted that has dropped for me since I've been playing. Now to find a good rocket launcher without tracker so that I can get some use from it!

I'm a bit confused by the exotic armour kiosk. There are exotic items that I've discovered (they're in my vault in fact) that don't appear in there for me. The Stag for example, no sign of it in that kiosk. :s

Each class has their separate armor kiosks. You can't view or purchase warlock exotic armor from a titan.

Weapon kiosk is account wide though.

neoism

JzmVAvC.jpg

how old is ol lukems isnt he like 50 now?

That is just extra level of fuckery then. "Good job on clearing PvE end game content, you have killed the King! Here, take these 2 shards to aid in your travels!"

The loop is a bit wonky right now. I really hope they addresses it going forward. Use an antiquated ruin, beat the boss, and he drops an antiquated ruin. At least let me dismantle the ruin for marks or something.

Kyoufu

For the first time I did not bother doing Nightfall since I reached endgame in Destiny.

Maybe I'll do one next reset.

...maybe....

All my shards just get passed around my characters when they do a raid. Does mean eventually someone is getting the shaft though. Like my Titan that one time.

Yup I do the same. I have however not seen or heard anyone get 4 shards from oryx when they have 20+ shards in the inventory, so I will assume that:

If oryx gives you 2 shards, the 20 shards can not pull 2 shards. You will get an item.

Or vice-versa, depending on which one drops loot first.

I think you are guaranteed to get item and then if you have 20 shards you can get extra item or 2 shards. I usually get 2 shards for my 20, it's such bullshit design.

Definitely not guaranteed an item btw except for the first kill. I've gotten 2 shards only before but it didn't use 20 either. Two shards guaranteed at all 5 drops.

I'm thinking telesto is going to wreck faces.

I got a 290 Telesto and leveled it up but haven't taken it for a spin yet. Seems like a lot of fun and I miss using FRs in Crucible since they nerfed them.

I should mention that I'm really only thinking of Trials when I talk about competitive PvP. Personally I have fun with other modes but don't take them seriously.

LiK

i think Trials is gonna be raining Red Death. seen it way too often in PVP lately. hopefully not many people have a 310 one heh

So do we know what light the IB and ToO gear will be dropping at tomorrow?

I imagine IB will be at 300 at least while Trials will be 305 and above.

This post had some pretty good details about pulse rifles in Crucible. I don't agree w everything but it gives a good overview. Gotta embrace the age of PRs, I doubt anything else will be super competitive.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CruciblePlaybook/comments/3oibkk/pulse_rifle_101/

Thanks for that, I've tried something from every damage type outside of the lowest and highest one(well, I still have an OG Messenger that I do decent with but that's useless in Trials) and nothing seems to click for me. I'm going to stick with a hand cannon until I get a messenger 2.0 or just quit PvP altogether.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
so the next step in the chaperone quest has bungie encouraging you to use shotguns in the crucible. So as a farewell of sorts I dusted off my barely-ever-used felwinter's lie with shot package and smallbore from the vault, switched to bladedancer, and went about all the blinky slidy bullshit I could withstand. Got the step done in a game and a quarter. The only thing in either match that could threaten me was... wait for it... hammer of sol!

can't believe these weapons were ever a part of this game. begone with ye

LiK

so the next step in the chaperone quest has bungie encouraging you to use shotguns in the crucible. So as a farewell of sorts I dusted off my barely-ever-used felwinter's lie with shot package and smallbore from the vault, switched to bladedancer, and went about all the blinky slidy bullshit I could withstand. Got the step done in a game and a quarter. The only thing in either match that could threaten me was... wait for it... hammer of sol!

that shotgun quest wasn't as fun with nerfed shotties and new maps. i actively dislike using shotties in PVP now. sniper is the way to go.

i think Trials is gonna be raining Red Death. seen it way too often in PVP lately. hopefully not many people have a 310 one heh

It will be interesting to see how the damage stuff works. I think anything over 300 will be fine. I do not look forward to going up against Red Death at any level though, I can't stand that flinch inducing bullshit.

Thanks for that, I've tried something from every damage type outside of the lowest and highest one(well, I still have an OG Messenger that I do decent with but that's useless in Trials) and nothing seems to click for me. I'm going to stick with a hand cannon until I get a messenger 2.0 or just quit PvP altogether.

Haha yeah I can relate. I'm a hand cannon man at heart, I miss using them. The range and accuracy nerfs are just too inconsistent. I'll never love how the pulse rifle weapon archetype feels.

One point from that post I strongly agreed with is the importance of Counterbalance. I'm sure some PRs have reasonable recoil patterns by default but most I've used have a ton of horizontal movement without CB.

Don't worry, even after shot package is removed, the quest reward Conspiracy Theory with rangefinder and the high impact/long range archetype will fill the gap. It's just as bullshit at long range as felwinter's lie is, but will be unaffected by the nerf.

I seriously don't understand how this was overlooked. It's a damn quest reward even. Does the guy balancing guns in crucible ever actually play crucible?

Haha yeah I can relate. I'm a hand cannon man at heart, I miss using them. The range and accuracy nerfs are just too inconsistent. I'll never love how the pulse rifle weapon archetype feels.

One point from that post I strongly agreed with is the importance of Counterbalance. I'm sure some PRs have reasonable recoil patterns by default but most I've used have a ton of horizontal movement without CB.

What do you recommend for a pulse rifle for IB/Trials? I know you got that sweet Lyudmila-D and you'll probably stick to that, but any vendor pulse worth the marks?

I don't like 4 burst PR's, so would prefer a 3 burst one. Else I'm sticking with Smite of Merian and Bad Juju/Red Death.

I meant banner but I haven't tried it at all in pvp

It is fun in PvE but for PvP it's only application is trying to kill super tightly grouped bunches of people, so banner might be a good place for it. It has great stats but the way it blows up after attaching means if you are fighting 1v1 with an opponent they have more time to kill you while you wait for the projectiles to detonate.

shermas

Anyone??

Does IB start at 10 a.m. PST? If I still have a guy at Rank 5 from last time, I sit in orbit with them during the reset, then fly to the tower, he'll still be at 5?

The last IB was the only time I ranked up one of my guys and I just stumbled across this 'glitch' in reading another post.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
that shotgun quest wasn't as fun with nerfed shotties and new maps. i actively dislike using shotties in PVP now. sniper is the way to go.
I never liked using them in PvP, at all. At the same time I did it really difficult to relate to what you're saying here;the god-rolls on the max range shotguns were barely affected by the nerf. The kind I do like from time to give (Invective) seem to all still be viable to me too. *shrug*

I can't snipe. Fusion Rifles all the way!
Don't worry, even after shot package is removed, the quest reward Conspiracy Theory with rangefinder and the high impact/long range archetype will fill the gap. It's just as bullshit at long range as felwinter's lie is, but will be unaffected by the nerf.

I seriously don't understand how this was overlooked. It's a damn quest reward even. Does the guy balancing guns in crucible ever actually play crucible?
I cannot believe rangefinder is left untouched :/

Most of my PRs kick up and to the right, it's annoying. I've even used Red Death/Bad Juju and I just get rekt when using them, yet can use my Vanity or even a scout rifle and do decent.

I hope hand cannons make a comeback, obviously not to the OP levels they were before but to a level where they can be competitive.

LiK

I never liked using them in PvP, at all. At the same time I did it really difficult to relate to what you're saying here;the god-rolls on the max range shotguns were barely affected by the nerf. The kind I do like from time to give (Invective) seem to all still be viable to me too. *shrug*

I can't snipe. Fusion Rifles all the way!

I cannot believe rangefinder is left untouched :/

I couldn't kill some people with shot package in one shot if they were midrange. Only got them to a sliver. Nerf worked. I was trying all the year 1 favorites. Anyone who still dies to shotgun are in closer range from what I've seen.

Anyone??

Does IB start at 10 a.m. PST? If I still have a guy at Rank 5 from last time, I sit in orbit with them during the reset, then fly to the tower, he'll still be at 5?

The last IB was the only time I ranked up one of my guys and I just stumbled across this 'glitch' in reading another post.

Bungie maintenance from 9-11AM, so kiss your glitching goodbye.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom