• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT34| Stop Hammer Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't worry, even after shot package is removed, the quest reward Conspiracy Theory with rangefinder and the high impact/long range archetype will fill the gap. It's just as bullshit at long range as felwinter's lie is, but will be unaffected by the nerf.

I seriously don't understand how this was overlooked. It's a damn quest reward even. Does the guy balancing guns in crucible ever actually play crucible?

The answer is no. He said in a game informer interview that the crucible shouldn't be taken too seriously. The fact that they haven't mentioned a Sunbreaker nerf and made the crucible questline they way they did is further evidence. I really wish bungie would do a better job of recognizing that many players actually want the crucible to be a major part of Destiny.

Haha yeah I can relate. I'm a hand cannon man at heart, I miss using them. The range and accuracy nerfs are just too inconsistent. I'll never love how the pulse rifle weapon archetype feels.

One point from that post I strongly agreed with is the importance of Counterbalance. I'm sure some PRs have reasonable recoil patterns by default but most I've used have a ton of horizontal movement without CB.

I am using TLW+sniper in crucible and i am surprisingly doing as well as i did before the nerf. 20+ kills and 2-3+ kd. I am sure its just randoms sucking though lol. Will probably have to use pulse riles for trials and like yourself i also dont like them.

LiK

I am using TLW+sniper in crucible and i am surprisingly doing as well as i did before the nerf. 20+ kills and 2-3+ kd. I am sure its just randoms sucking though lol. Will probably have to use pulse riles for trials and like yourself i also dont like them.

Do you use ADS with TLW? I gave up on that.

todd360

I think TLW will still be competitive if you are a sniper in trials. Snipe to your hearts content and pull out your trusty last word if anyone rushes you. It still seems to have the best time to kill once someone is in its short range.

You almost never aim down the sights now lik. Its almost as if the gun is programmed to turn into a water gun if you look down the sights. I only look down sights if someone is out of range and they are to busy shooting at someone else to notice you popping a few shots in their direction.

Ocho

It appears I dismantled my sleeper simulant some while ago. The weapon doesn't show as discovered in my exotics? Known issue?

What do you recommend for a pulse rifle for IB/Trials? I know you got that sweet Lyudmila-D and you'll probably stick to that, but any vendor pulse worth the marks?

I don't like 4 burst PR's, so would prefer a 3 burst one. Else I'm sticking with Smite of Merian and Bad Juju/Red Death.

Honestly I don't like any of the vendor PRs. Very average perk rolls, no Counterbalance. Hacksaw or Suros PDX-41 with CB and some stability upgrades would be legit, also Headseeker or full auto. Bottom line is you need to get lucky with a drop. I'd rather take my chances with a legendary primary engram than waste marks on a vendor PR. Obviously avoid all Hakke PRs since they fire 4-round busts by default.

Bad juju and RDeath will both be very strong. BJ for Banner and RD for Trials imo but a Titan that gets some Juju kills early could wreck faces in Trials.

You almost never aim down the sights now lik. Its almost as if the gun is programmed to turn into a water gun if you look down the sights. I only look down sights if someone is out of range and they are to busy shooting at someone else to notice you popping a few shots in their direction.

This. Also ADS when someone is in short to mid range and i already lost my chance to snipe them. You gotta pace your shots though otherwise you will hit the wall 7 times lol.

Is 288 too low to raid? If not, I'd love to join a raid group for newbie friendly folks.

Also, going to try to do rocket yard part of the taken war:earth, if anyone cares to join me. Psn me_antimatter

Magik

Don't worry, even after shot package is removed, the quest reward Conspiracy Theory with rangefinder and the high impact/long range archetype will fill the gap. It's just as bullshit at long range as felwinter's lie is, but will be unaffected by the nerf.

I seriously don't understand how this was overlooked. It's a damn quest reward even. Does the guy balancing guns in crucible ever actually play crucible?

I doubt most of them take the crucible seriously at all. Its the only explanation as to why they continue to make such bizarre decisions such as the quest reward Conspiracy Theory and including LiTC for snipers after the Final Round problems.

I'm almost convinced that there are two teams working on Destiny development as there are design decisions that make no sense with the new direction Destiny has been moving towards the last few months. Nonsense like the Exotic Sword Quest material gathering is something you would have expected in the Vanilla game yet its in TTK where a lot of the content decisions moved away from what was in the Vanilla game.

Thanks, Ruthless and Afro!

No worries :0

That 294 helmet though...ouch.

Honestly I don't like any of the vendor PRs. Very average perk rolls, no Counterbalance. Hacksaw or Suros PDX-41 with CB and some stability upgrades would be legit, also Headseeker or full auto. Bottom line is you need to get lucky with a drop. I'd rather take my chances with a legendary primary engram than waste marks on a vendor PR. Obviously avoid all Hakke PRs since they fire 4-round busts by default.

Bad juju and RDeath will both be very strong. BJ for Banner and RD for Trials imo but a Titan that gets some Juju kills early could wreck faces in Trials.

Yeah I tried using the pdx and apple of dischord, didn't like them one bit.

Will stick to SoM or the exotic PR's.

Mupod

i don't get why other people seem invincible when casting their super but I get killed out of mine all the time. Happened 3 times in one match even, during the animation. I don't think I've ever managed to kill a titan casting fist of havoc but here we are.

I should really just abandon this bounty and never touch this subclass again to be honest.

todd360

New trials titan killing strat. Blind them with my helmet. Step 2 ? Step 3 profit

Step 3 brought to you by lord shaxx's competitive ghost shell. Buy yours today!

*insert catchy jingle here*

*every days great at your junes!*

steph-curry-carlton-dance.gif

I'm getting mad just thinking about a full fireteam doing the Carlton after a dominant round of Trials

;_;

2015-10-12_13_39_12.0.gif

Not like this

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
LT, I'm gonna head out to Target for a minute, if you wanna get started before I get back feel free to grab somebody else, otherwise I'll keep my eyes peeled when I do

Mupod

do we know for sure IB is going to be Control again? Would not mind terribly if it was Rift instead, or a mixed playlist.

maomaoIYP

Does anyone know how useful is Hereafter's blinding effect?

Anyway I started and completed my FWC quest in the space of a few hours. Super happy with my new beach towel cloak.

U2NUMB

Alright I feel stupid... how the hell do I get to the top of this structure in this Taken King mission for Skimish Scouted? I am a Hunter class and for the life of me I can not find a way to get up. Any video online shows jet packs getting up there but my double jump just will not cut it.

Any help would be appreciated..

Mupod

Does anyone know how useful is Hereafter's blinding effect?

Anyway I started and completed my FWC quest in the space of a few hours. Super happy with my new beach towel cloak.

I haven't found a use for it yet. In the raid hereafter is a detriment because its dps is not great but I could see it being nice in hard mode or something for managing warpriest adds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom