• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT34| Stop Hammer Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know how useful is Hereafter's blinding effect?

Anyway I started and completed my FWC quest in the space of a few hours. Super happy with my new beach towel cloak.

Don't know about the blinding effect but it's actually quite good in PvP due to the crazy aim assist, not too sure if it can revive snipe though, time to find out.

maomaoIYP

I haven't found a use for it yet. In the raid hereafter is a detriment because its dps is not great but I could see it being nice in hard mode or something for managing warpriest adds.

Don't know about the blinding effect but it's actually quite good in PvP due to the crazy aim assist, not too sure if it can revive snipe though, time to find out.

Actually I was thinking of Trials but yeah as Inapplicable reminded me, not sure if it can revive snipe. Oh well, back to the drawing board. Still thinking of ways to kill sunbreakers. Need to learn to git gud with golden gun headshots.

Alright I feel stupid... how the hell do I get to the top of this structure in this Taken King mission for Skimish Scouted? I am a Hunter class and for the life of me I can not find a way to get up. Any video online shows jet packs getting up there but my double jump just will not cut it.

Any help would be appreciated..

Triple jump, use sword for third person, it will help.

glad i did my a week ago for the fragment anyone know why?

It seems to be because people found and exploit where you could open the reward chest over and over again with the same rune by quickly moving it to your vault or something to that extent. Was an infinite chest farm. So they disabled it until they can fix it...which will hopefully be tomorrow.

Does anyone have any expirience with Comcast? I just moved from Verizon in California, to Comcast in Colorado and it's been ass. Xbox One says my DL speed is ~10mbs, PS4 says ~6mbs. But playing Destiny on both consoles I'm constant Red Bar, PS4 has constant party chat issues despite being NAT type 2, and with Iron Banana coming this can't be happening.

Ive tried: setting my Router to channel 11, putting my xbone in a DMZ, resetting the router, hard resetting the xbone, I haven't tried an Ethernet cable because I can't run one from the router to my room conveniently. None of it is working. Phone and computers run fine, consoles have been SOL. The very first day everything ran ace, ever since its been lag city.

And yes, i have my own router and my own modem rather than the pack in one Comcast provides.

Mupod

I don't notice any difference whatsoever with 'aim assist' on snipers. I still have to line up the shot perfectly. I've watched streams where other people can apparently fire at the space 3 feet from someone's head and get a headshot but that doesn't work for me.

What I really don't understand is how everyone else can apparently aim just fine when being hit with bullets whereas my reticle jumps all over the screen and the bullets don't even go where it's pointing.

border

Which quest?

The Gunsmith quest chain for Hunters.

The main perks on it are Perfectionist (not useful in PVP) and Enhanced Radar (moderately useful in PVP, but Nightstalkers get that as a class perk anyway)......so that's why I'm unsure if it's really being used because of its quality or because that was just the highest level sniper a lot of people happen to have.

Actually I was thinking of Trials but yeah as Inapplicable reminded me, not sure if it can revive snipe. Oh well, back to the drawing board. Still thinking of ways to kill sunbreakers. Need to learn to git gud with golden gun headshots.

Can't revive snipe with it, therefore worthless :(

MechDX

This last storyline quest mission against the echo of Oryx is kicking my ass. About to break my controller. Why does radiance on sunsinger not work here???

Pursue the Echo is the mission.

LiK

The Gunsmith quest chain for Hunters.

The main perks on it are Perfectionist (not useful in PVP) and Enhanced Radar (moderately useful in PVP, but Nightstalkers get that as a class perk anyway)......so that's why I'm unsure if it's really being used because of its quality or because that was just the highest level sniper a lot of people happen to have.

Getting your hunter to rank 2 at the gunsmith I believe.

Oh

neoism

;_;

2015-10-12_13_39_12.0.gif

Not like this

aint gonna lie thats some weak ass hip use right there...

also thanks for the oryx kill guys this fucking game and its trolling ways... 2 shards and 2 wurmsperm

-___-

Mindlog

Thank you to everybody for the Oryx kill.

Got the auto rifle. 306 so I was all ready to infuse it into something, but then I fired it. I like the way it sounds :\ Will probably use it.

Also got a 308 chest piece, but DIS/STR. Not sure if I am going to infuse something else with it or not.

Shade dropped an exotic engram, but I forgot to check what it was.

neoism

Thank you to everybody for the Oryx kill.

Got the auto rifle. 306 so I was all ready to infuse it into something, but then I fired it. I like the way it sounds :\ Will probably use it.

Also got a 308 chest piece, but DIS/STR. Not sure if I am going to infuse something else with it or not.

Shade dropped an exotic engram, but I forgot to check what it was.

yeah i want the AR the most.. seem cool..

Silvard

Hey, I'm about to start a a fresh raid with a couple of friends (who are skilled but haven't done it yet) and I need 3 more people for it. I am very experienced and have good weapons and can explain everything in the raid so if you're new you're also welcome.

PSN: SilvardCT

1. SilvardCT
2. elfokel
3. rdepena

vid

Hey DGAF! I'm taking two of my friends through VoG for the first time, and we could use two more players. It's just Normal, but could use a couple of patient players to fill in the gaps. Any takers?

EDIT: Full! Thanks, guys! <3

border

Hey, I'm about to start a a fresh raid with a couple of friends (who are skilled but haven't done it yet) and I need 3 more people for it. I am very experienced and have good weapons and can explain everything in the raid so if you're new you're also welcome.

1. SilvardCT
2. elfokel
3. rdepena

I can come, but you would be taking another newbie just to warn you :) I'm competent though, I have a mic, and can follow directions. When are you looking to get started? What class would you like me to bring? I am at 295 with all three classes.

PSN border199x

Silvard

I can come, but you would be taking another newbie just to warn you :) I'm competent though, I have a mic, and can follow directions. When are you looking to get started? What class would you like me to bring? I am at 295 with all three classes.

PSN border199x

Right now. If you're competent and willing to follow instructions then you're more than welcome!

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Any news on Black Spindle?
I have the weapon parts now to take an Omolon Eirene up to 308 for storage for the post patch Spindle.
Wondering if I do it now or wait so I can use it raiding tomorrow.

oxbear

Neo Member

1. SilvardCT
2. elfokel
3. rdepena

I've done most of the raid before. I haven't beaten golgoroth though. My PSN is AWSQ

timnich

1. SilvardCT
2. elfokel
3. rdepena
I'm down! PSN ptr19

MechDX

THe mission is fears embrace. This is insane

No mission up to this point has been that hard but this is dumb. Why does it jump so high in difficulty suddenly?

border

Pursue the Echo? The last one you for zavala. In a big circular room where there is Shit constantly coming at you

I think that's Fear's Embrace? It is notoriously hard and most people need at least a partner to help.

Somebody posted a strategy for this entitled "Don't Move" that I thought was a complete joke. I tried it last night with my warlock and it actually worked quite well. Just activate the event and stay in that little alcove where you spawned. Don't run around.....just snipe Oryx from that spot and clear out adds as they show up (using a sword or a primary). Step outside when "The air around you crackles and burns" happens, then come back. Try to kill any blights that spawn close to you but don't leave your alcove otherwise.

The alcove actually provides great cover, and I am of the opinion that while it won't make the mission easy it will make it a lot less hard. It probably only takes 10-15 headshots with a good sniper to kill Oryx.

Just had 2 golden guns and what was probably a blind hammer bro rush me with their supers in skirmish, killed them all with my machine gun.

The hammer bro rage quit.

Yeah, I'd be salty too.

MechDX

I think that's Fear's Embrace? It is notoriously hard and most people need at least a partner to help.

Somebody posted a strategy for this entitled "Don't Move" that I thought was a complete joke. I tried it last night with my warlock and it actually worked quite well. Just activate the event and stay in that little alcove where you began. Don't run around.....just snipe Oryx from that spot and clear out adds as they show up (using a sword or a primary). Step outside when "The air around you crackles and burns" happens, then come back.

The alcove actually provides great cover, and I am of the opinion that while it won't make the mission easy it will make it a lot less hard.

Tried that. Got him to half health then EVERYTHING came into the alcove with me and just violated me.

Seriously to have this sudden spike in difficulty is just dumb. Killing Oryx in the single player mission wasn't this hard

Yes, tough one. You should have a fireteam and there is supposedly a safe spot for it. I never figured out where it was.
The safe spot is the tunnel entrance to the room. No need to leave aside from a quick ammo run, or to shoot the black orb immediately to the left. There is enough room in there to dodge the echo's aoe attacks too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom