• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT34| Stop Hammer Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daemul

f92080aa.gif

YES!!!!!!!! The Speaker is selling Strength of the Pack!!!

Muh main Cloak is back and with the perfect stat rolls to boot!!!

Where is that Carlton emote when I need it.

EDIT:

Tovarisc

I probably won't raid with people who haven't taken their new Spindles to 305+ yet.

I bought a few extra 300 spindles and infused them into trash legendaries to get them to 300. After the nerf, I'm infusing those back into my original Spindle so it's going right back to 300. Don't need any higher for War Priest/ Golgi.

don't really need it with the groups I've been playing with

Sarcasm? Those guys are easy.

The Spindle is not really getting nerfed, they're just reducing its attack value. You can infuse it right back up.

People will infuse them back up to 310 asap. It was easy to buy a bunch of 300 kiosk versions then infuse them into random legendaries. Plus the raid secondaries aren't anything special so they make great infusion fodder. I've gotten a ton of crappy raid fusion rifles in the 300-305 range, plus a raid shotty I infused to 310 with a Spindle. Should be easy enough.

It was sarcastic joke because of "Everyone has Spindle for Warpriest and Golgoroth, right?" mentality that I have encountered. I run with several different groups.

E92 M3

She stopped drinking Diet Coke
She on that coke diet
She bat, she bat her eyelids
That girl is so wired
I know she so tired, but ooh, she on fire
Hundred dollar bill, look at you, look at you

X-Frame

oh, they are nerfing the range on shotguns globally or just one paritcular range perk? anyone know?

Just the Shot Package perk is being remove IIRC, they're not touching overall shotgun range. They already nerfed range and damage drop-off a ton since Day 1 over a few updates.

flkraven

f92080aa.gif

YES!!!!!!!! The Speaker is selling Strength of the Pack!!!

Muh main Cloak is back and with the perfect stat rolls to boot!!!

Where is that Carlton emote when I need it.

EDIT:

Awesome. I'll need to buy it after I buy what I want from Iron Banner. Our clan is Strength of the Pack so everyone try to have this cloak for their hunters :)

WipedOut

Hung Jury is boring gun to use with maxed out stability. Maybe I would like it more if I just used extended mag.

They just announced shot package nerf, give them month to get it into live.

With the deployment of Update 2.0.1, we will wholesale remove the Shot Package perk from all Shotguns. Any shotgun with Shot Package (depending on the exact weapon) will now have Close and/or Personal, Crowd Control, or Knee Pads. This change has not negatively impacted our PVE playtests.

Month is up pal.

Telesto is a great PVP weapon. Its a hit and run weapon. Probably the best "peak" weapon in the game aside from drift sniping. With its quick charge rate, you can pop around a corner, let fly, and get back around a corner and have a kill or get them to low health.

One of the most mind-boggling things Bungie has done since release.

It makes no sense. Of all the things to worry about in this game, it's so silly.

I want to make a list "Top 10 Destiny Head Scratchers" since release. Stuff like:

-vanilla planetary material farming
-probably a million other vanilla design decisions I've repressed by now
-Buff Thorn way too much then ignore it for 6 months
-resetting exotics in TDB then adding RNG for when Xur would sell your exotic back to you except it was a random version so you lost your armor stat rolls
-Crota's End exotic chest in the Abyss where anyone can solo it, yet Deathsinger phase gives no loot whatsoever
-HM Scrota... LAN cable patch that glitched out an already glitchy fight, Lv33 enemies, Majors everywhere, Xur mysteriously stops selling heavy synth
-Release Skolas with Solar Burn, ruining one of the game's best encounters. Nerf GHorn because too many LFG posts demand GHorn to kill Solar Burn Skolas.
-Prison of Elders in general and elemental primary drops in particular
-Make amazing secret Spindle mission that everyone loves with incredible loot to match the challenge. Immediately announce you'll nerf Spindle's Light despite nobody wanting that. Release two patches without actually nerfing it. Eventually nerf it anyway (presumably).

I'm sure there are a thousand other ones but that's off the top of my head.

void666

Banned
I think they should nerf the Black spindle in the kiosk only.
I deserve my 310 BS. That mission isn't exactly easy. We didn't glitch it. It's not like knocking atheon off the platform and being rewarded with an OP mythoclast.

But whatever. Bring on the nerf. I have two 310 hereafters waiting. Gonna bring BS back to 310 in no time.

Kyne

those wishing for specific Iron Banner gear here's a little PSA;

the only thing that will be dropping from the IB loot table during IB are the items that Lord Saladin is selling.

that is all.

flkraven

It makes no sense. Of all the things to worry about in this game, it's so silly.

I want to make a list "Top 10 Destiny Head Scratchers" since release. Stuff like:

-resetting exotics in TDB then adding RNG for when Xur would sell your exotic back to you except it was a random version so you lost your armor stat rolls
-Crota's End exotic chest in the Abyss where anyone can solo it, yet Deathsinger phase gives no loot whatsoever
-HM Scrota... LAN cable patch that glitched out an already glitchy fight, Lv33 enemies, Majors everywhere, Xur mysteriously stops selling heavy synth
-Release Skolas with Solar Burn, ruining one of the game's best encounters. Nerf GHorn because too many LFG posts demand GHorn to kill Solar Burn Skolas.
-Make amazing secret Spindle mission that everyone loves with incredible loot to match the challenge. Immediately announce you'll nerf Spindle's Light despite nobody wanting that. Release two patches without actually nerfing it. Eventually nerf it anyway (presumably).

Specifically, nerf Gally and Icebreaker, and then a week later make them obsolete by leaving them in year 1. Why nerf in the first place??

flkraven

the only thing that will be dropping from the IB loot table during IB are the items that Lord Saladin is selling.

that is all.

What? Really? Where did this info come from? So, if he is selling helmet and boots, only helmet and boots will drop?

that is all.

Well...I'm ok with this. No need to grind it out once you get the drops unless you're looking for specific rolls.

One of my favorites is 6 months later...Bungie "BTW we finally fix the bug preventing Dailies from awarding XP to weapons." and "We notice a trend in increase Auto rifle users during Iron Banner when there was a Iron Banner Auto rifle headshot bounty, so we will nerf auto rifles"

Deku Tree

Having a 300 spindle in the kiosk means that you can infuse all your specials up to 300 without doing anything. That was un-intended and should be fixed, and it's an easy fix.

If they want the spindle to drop at 290 in the mission, then it's unfair to let people who got it the first two times have a 310 for free. If it was up to me, I would let it drop at 310 since the challenge is much harder than say the SS quest.

I can't comment on why fix this versus other stuff, but I understand why they want to fix this... even if I don't like it.

LTWood12

Part of me still thinks we're going to get this one:

-Insist that you're going to nerf all Spindles to 290; ensuring players active in the community will infuse them into other weapons. A month and 3 patches later announce that you've decided only to patch the kiosk and not Spindles already in inventory. People that don't keep up w/ patch notes etc get to keep their 310 Spindles.

and how about the Hard Light and Necrochasm buff and leave behind in year one exotics?

RIP Peter Dinklage voice cuz money, yet redone all Ghost dialogue except Cayde,Ikora and Zavala vanilla dialogue

It was sarcastic joke because of "Everyone has Spindle for Warpriest and Golgoroth, right?" mentality that I have encountered. I run with several different groups.

I mean I assumed this one below was sarcastic (hopefully, lol) but yours was a little too dry for me to catch :) I haven't raided with anyone that made a big deal about Spindle so I didn't know that was a thing.

I probably won't raid with people who haven't taken their new Spindles to 305+ yet.

Must have Year 2 GHorn or gtfo.

Who needs a Spindle when you have a Sleeper Simulant? Amirite guys?...guys??
me...dont have the patience to wait for WARSAT and everytime I get on..I always end up doing the raid :p
Wait, this was a thing that happened? wtf
Yep back in February or March IIRC, Bungie logic amirite?

edit: welp I tech dont even use the spindle. Been using my get 309 100 yard stare sniper rifle :p I make do with that I have.

Sullichin

Man remember how shitty the first Iron Banners were. No points on a loss, no medallions. Just you and five idle teammates vs a premade fireteam on Bastion.

honestly

compared to ToM--Raid weapons, exotic sword, farming gunsmith rep to get SS--the black spindle really was too easy of a get in comparison

Lee

i think the "Dead Orbit" cloak is a much like Stark's cloak them any of the available at time, with that fur around the neck

I meant there is a much more applicable ASOIAF reference if we're talking about wearing wolves on heads...

Agreed re: the dead orbit cloak, but none of the cloaks save for maybe Tanik's have the weight of the Starks' cloaks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom