• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT34| Stop Hammer Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MildSoss

Who needs a Spindle when you have a Sleeper Simulant? Amirite guys?...guys??

1375771017715.png

Kyne

What? Really? Where did this info come from? So, if he is selling helmet and boots, only helmet and boots will drop?

Well...I'm ok with this. No need to grind it out once you get the drops unless you're looking for specific rolls.

Via the Bungie update on 2015-10-01:
Potential match completion rewards now include both weapons and armor, matching the same items available from Lord Saladin during each event.

void666

Banned
I like the SS quite a lot. used it in Strikes and it destroyed so many bosses.

Bond brothers. Melting point+SS. Charizard shat his pants. "Immune!! Immune!!!!"

SS also destroyed the harpy boss in echo chamber.
Sleeper simulant is a great weapon. But not in every situation. Which is fine.

Afrocious

Man remember how shitty the first Iron Banners were. No points on a loss, no medallions. Just you and five idle teammates vs a premade fireteam on Bastion.

You're describing the only interaction I've had with Iron Banner before I quit Destiny lol. How is it better now, if it is?

honestly

compared to ToM--Raid weapons, exotic sword, farming gunsmith rep to get SS--the black spindle really was too easy of a get in comparison

Agreed.

I'd understand it if there was a series of time attack challenges to complete to get the gun, but doing only one to get the spindle? It was way easier. Also, I felt Fear's Embrace (both versions) were harder than the spindle trial.

They need to roll everything form year one back in

The new stuff is not as large and diverse as they made it out to be

completely agree, from exception of the year 1 updates, Touch of Malice and Sleeper Simulant, there is no exotic truly inventive this year right now. All of them are "rifles" and "Shotguns", not a single and unique design

One of my favorites is 6 months later...Bungie "BTW we finally fix the bug preventing Dailies from awarding XP to weapons." and "We notice a trend in increase Auto rifle users during Iron Banner when there was a Iron Banner Auto rifle headshot bounty, so we will nerf auto rifles"

Lol.

Having a 300 spindle in the kiosk means that you can infuse all your specials up to 300 without doing anything. That was un-intended and should be fixed, and it's an easy fix.

If they want the spindle to drop at 290 in the mission, then it's unfair to let people who got it the first two times have a 310 for free. If it was up to me, I would let it drop at 310 since the challenge is much harder than say the SS quest.

I can't comment on why fix this versus other stuff, but I understand why they want to fix this... even if I don't like it.

It is VERY apparent that Bungie didn't mean for BS to be 300 in the BP. Since both ToM and the swords BP is 280. Black Spindles BP should most definitely be 280.

But the 310 thing is very silly. You get a primary at 310 (ToM) and a heavy at 310 (Swords). Getting a special at 310 should be par for the course. Also, since exotic engrams can decrypt to 310 anyway, it makes VERY little sense.

Either way I infused my 310 Spindle with a 305 raid weapon so I'll be back up to 310 in no time at all. 300+ is good enough anyway.

EL CUCO

I like the SS quite a lot. used it in Strikes and it destroyed so many bosses.
I've been using it on Strikes and dailies with bosses. It works pretty good, but I wish it held more ammo. 7 shots isn't enough for a weapon that needs criticals to be effective.

I meant there is a much more applicable ASOIAF reference if we're talking about wearing wolves on heads...

Agreed re: the dead orbit cloak, but none of the cloaks save for maybe Tanik's have the weight of the Starks' cloaks.

For some strange reason that upset me the most out of that whole "event" in GoT. I hated it. It still upsets me thinking about it now.

LiK

Bond brothers. Melting point+SS. Charizard shat his pants. "Immune!! Immune!!!!"

SS also destroyed the harpy boss in echo chamber.
Sleeper simulant is a great weapon. But not in every situation. Which is fine.

I only got it to 294 and it's already great. can't wait to infuse it some more. wish some 300+ heavies dropped for me.

I've been using it on my dailies with bosses. It works pretty good, but I wish it held more ammo. 7 shots isn't enough for a weapon that needs criticals to be effective.

yea, I did play with Ruin Wings and that actually helped. altho I do find myself sucking up Heavy synth at times.

completely agree, from exception of the year 1 updates, Touch of Malice and Sleeper Simulant, there is no exotic truly inventive this year right now. All of them are "rifles" and "Shotguns", not a single and unique design

The Zhalo's not bad with the chain lightning and return to mag perk, you can unload on trash mobs for days without reloading

spyder_ur

People will infuse them back up to 310 asap. It was easy to buy a bunch of 300 kiosk versions then infuse them into random legendaries. Plus the raid secondaries aren't anything special so they make great infusion fodder. I've gotten a ton of crappy raid fusion rifles in the 300-305 range, plus a raid shotty I infused to 310 with a Spindle. Should be easy enough.

That's why it was so silly that they're going through with it. Fix it moving forward on new spindle drops and in the kiosk, but the damage is already done and it's not that bad anyways.

Shito

I've been using it on my dailies with bosses. It works pretty good, but I wish it held more ammo. 7 shots isn't enough for a weapon that needs criticals to be effective.
It shines coupled with a nightstalker's tether: crits every shot! <3

darthbob

Lol.

It is VERY apparent that Bungie didn't mean for BS to be 300 in the BP. Since both ToM and the swords BP is 280. Black Spindles BP should most definitely be 280.

But the 310 thing is very silly. You get a primary at 310 (ToM) and a heavy at 310 (Swords). Getting a special at 310 should be par for the course. Also, since exotic engrams can decrypt to 310 anyway, it makes VERY little sense.

Either way I infused my 310 Spindle with a 305 raid weapon so I'll be back up to 310 in no time at all. 300+ is good enough anyway.

Firstly, what is BP? Secondly, ToM dropped at 310 for me.

Acidote

I just left a raid group at Oryx because I was fucking it up at Oryx every single time. So confused. Killing him every week with two characters and now I screw up so bad. Fuck the flu, I can't play like this.

Afrocious

Black Pindle, duh.

And he's talking about the blueprints in the kiosk. Everything is 280 no matter what level you initially got the item at except for the BS. That's an error.

I wish Bungie would just make the reprint 280 or 290 or whatever and left our 310 versions alone.

But it is what it is.

LTWood12

I just left a raid group at Oryx because I was fucking it up at Oryx every single time. Killing him every week with two characters and now I screw up so bad. Fuck the flu, I can't play like this.

You have the Flu?! Get the fuck to bed dude!

I wish Bungie would just make the reprint 280 or 290 or whatever and left our 310 versions alone.

But it is what it is.

I have a suspicion that's exactly what they're going to do, after all of us have no doubt given our 310 Spindles to Stares.

LiK

the Spindles that actually drop from the mission should stay 310. just let people who got it keep it. that mission was no joke.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
On top of those glitches, Heavy ammo bug lasted for nearly a fucking year.

The heavy ammo bug + Xur not selling heavy ammo synths was the biggest "srsly bungie" moment for me last year. It was such an easy bone to throw players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom