• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT34| Stop Hammer Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
will be a biggie for me if it wipes my infusion progress from the 3 spec raid drops ive put into it, so I'm curious to see what they do

i dont think they are gonna do anything to it at this point--i expect at some point future drops will be at 280 and blueprints as well

Tovarisc

Telesto is a great gun. It seems that there's not a single gun in the game that someone doesn't think sucks, outside of hung jury (but it IS too big on my screen, dammit).

Hung Jury is boring gun to use with maxed out stability. Maybe I would like it more if I just used extended mag.

Are we expecting anything other than the following with 2.0.1?

• Tess Dances
  • Spindle Nerf
  • Shot Package Disappearing

They just announced shot package nerf, give them month to get it into live.

Shito

I never understood the Telesto hype: from what I've tested, it does just about the same damage as a moderatly good fusion rifle, only delayed.
Outside of void burns, I never use mine: Zhalos is a much better use of my exotic slot!

will be a biggie for me if it wipes my infusion progress from the 3 spec raid drops ive put into it, so I'm curious to see what they do
If what Cozmo said is right, you're gonna be pissed.
I find it stupid that they intend to set *all* Black Spindles to 290, especially after waiting that long. They are going to mess with people who didn't get the memo...

time to infuse

Infuse your Warlock into your Titan.

Space Magic.

Accurate statements. There's no such thing as "my Warlock is 309." There is only "I have 309 gear."

Correct. Technically my titan can also hit 309 if I infuse some 310 exotic armor but i'm holding on to them till I can get armor with the stats/perks I want.

309 Titan
309 Warlock
308 Hunter

can't complain

300 hype?

Raid Helmet was 300 sadly. Got Devouring maw with inverse shadow and better already, so i'll take that to 310 instead.

E92 M3

Hung Jury is boring gun to use with maxed out stability. Maybe I would like it more if I just used extended mag.

They just announced shot package nerf, give them month to get into live.

I think shot package is being changed today. It's mid October and they promised a patch for this month.

How long do we have til the patch? Should I even bother playing right now or should I just wait?

Also - people keep mentioning this Iron Banner lag, but I dont remember it. Seemed as laggy as regular crucible.

purg3

slept with Malkin
I never understood the Telesto hype: from what I've tested, it does just about the same damage as a moderatly good fusion rifle, only delayed.
Outside of void burns, I never use mine: Zhalos is a much better use of my exotic slot!

If what Cozmo said is right, you're gonna be pissed.
I find it stupid that they intend to set *all* Black Spindles to 290, especially after waiting that long. They are going to mess with people who didn't get the memo...

I think it's a bad move to set back the dropped version, makes sense for the blueprint version though.

LiK

Almost forgot to pick up my Chaperone this morning--thanks for the Chaperone talk DGAF! Infused to 300 just in time.

shit, I should've picked it up this morning to infuse it, dammit. hope the Spindle nerf isn't in this update

Shito

I think it's a bad move to set back the dropped version, makes sense for the blueprint version though.
Yeah, totally.
I would have fixed the blueprint version to appear as 280, and only that.
It's not a big deal that they drop at 310, it's a proper reward considering how difficult this mission can be for a majority of the players.

Someone explain to me what's the hype behind the Carlton dance and why everyone wants it so badly?

How long do we have til the patch? Should I even bother playing right now or should I just wait?

Also - people keep mentioning this Iron Banner lag, but I dont remember it. Seemed as laggy as regular crucible.

About 45 minutes to start of 2 hour maintenance.

IB lag is worse. It is known.

SkylineRKR

Telesto is a great gun. It seems that there's not a single gun in the game that someone doesn't think sucks, outside of hung jury (but it IS too big on my screen, dammit).

Top of page, our lord and savior, The Chaperone:
100.gif

My issue with Telesto is that the damage without burn is roughly the same as a normal FR. It just takes longer to deal it. Its great on trash mob to generate orbs. But you're wasting special on those then. The idea and its design is great though.

I love Chaperone, its the best feeling shotgun in the game by far. I don't care if Conspiracy is better (have one with rifled), Chaperone has more swag. And you have to work to get the damn thing.

All Spindles currently in the wild will be set to 290. Doesn't matter if you bought a kiosk one then infused it or got a 310 from the Daily mission. All Spindles will be 290, the kiosk will be 280.

I fully expect the nerf to happen in the maintenance today but we'll know soon enough.

Tovarisc

All Spindles currently in the wild will be set to 290. Doesn't matter if you bought a kiosk one then infused it or got a 310 from the Daily mission. All Spindles will be 290, the kiosk will be 280.

I fully expect the nerf to happen in the maintenance today but we'll know soon enough.

I wonder how people can kill Warpriest and Golgoroth after Spindle nerf.

LTWood12

One of the most mind-boggling things Bungie has done since release.

Don't even bother right now. I was getting nothing but contacting destiny servers while trying to join a weekly.

I bought a few extra 300 spindles and infused them into trash legendaries to get them to 300. After the nerf, I'm infusing those back into my original Spindle so it's going right back to 300. Don't need any higher for War Priest/ Golgi.

If it doesn't happen after this one I don't think it will. Which will thoroughly piss me off as I used mine as infusion fodder.

GRIP

They just announced shot package nerf, give them month to get it into live.

I kinda assumed they wanted shot package out of the game in time for all the PVP events. Doubt that a straight up removal of a perk is as difficult as nerfing it and trying to re-balance.

Shito

My issue with Telesto is that the damage without burn is roughly the same as a normal FR. It just takes longer to deal it. Its great on trash mob to generate orbs. But you're wasting special on those then. The idea and its design is great though.

I love Chaperone, its the best feeling shotgun in the game by far. I don't care if Conspiracy is better (have one with rifled), Chaperone has more swag. And you have to work to get the damn thing.
Haven't followed shotguns much: Conspiracy is better?
Got one to drop for me yesterday, with Soft Ballistics and Reinforced Barrel: looks like I'll be that guy in IB... ^^
Are they only removing Shot Package, or are they also messing with those two other perks?

People will infuse them back up to 310 asap. It was easy to buy a bunch of 300 kiosk versions then infuse them into random legendaries. Plus the raid secondaries aren't anything special so they make great infusion fodder. I've gotten a ton of crappy raid fusion rifles in the 300-305 range, plus a raid shotty I infused to 310 with a Spindle. Should be easy enough.

Homeboyd

People will infuse them back up to 310 asap. It was easy to buy a bunch of 300 kiosk versions then infuse them into random legendaries. Plus the raid secondaries aren't anything special so they make great infusion fodder. I've gotten a ton of crappy raid fusion rifles in the 300-305 range, plus a raid shotty I infused to 310 with a Spindle. Should be easy enough.
Plus... you don't even need a 310 (or even 300) spindle at Golgo.

LTWood12

Does anyone know what the difference is between the perks 'Inverse Shadow' and 'Shine On?' They have the exact same description. Shine On is on both the raid helmets I've gotten. Maybe it's just a bigger buff?

SkylineRKR

Haven't followed shotguns much: Conspiracy is better?
Got one to drop for me yesterday, with Soft Ballistics and Reinforced Barrel: looks like I'll be that guy in IB... ^^
Are they only removing Shot Package, or are they also messing with those two other perks?

Conspiracy seems to be better out of the gate. Chaperone is mostly about headshots and The Roadborn buff.

They're going to nerf the range on shotguns, so I guess its for Chaperone too.

MrDaravon

Fantastic Raid runs guys, we did 3 Raids in just over 3 hours. Total haul (excluding shards):

290 Monte Carlo (3oC drop)
304 Hand Cannon
300 Shotgun
303 Shotgun
304 Shotgun
306 Auto Rifle
306 Heavy Machine Gun
307 Fusion Rifle

300 Warlock Boots (already had 308 boots)
304 Titan Chest
309 Bond (already had 308 bond)
309 Bond (lol what)
310 Hunter chest (already had a 305)

A bit bummed because all I was really hoping for was a ghost and some Titan gear, my Titan came into this with only 300 Raid boots and nothing else. Still can't complain about some of the drops though, and I can use 2 of the Warlock Bonds for infusing on my Titan etc.

The only use I have found for Telesto is when weaker mobs are in groups or mobs are in a choke point. You get solid orb generation when you get multi kills with it and it can be a really good choke point control. I had fun using it during Temlar in the right cave. I could shoot two quick rounds into a crowd of vex coming out of the tunnel and then quickly focus primary fire else where. More than a buff, Telesto would benefit from built in quick draw and a cocoon perk. It is a great utility weapon, more than an outright damage dealer.

In PVP it is really fun (when not in 1v1 matchs ups. You will die every time with that slow charge rate. You will get lots of postmortems though). Once you get the timing down you can use it as a booby-trap gun. Anticipating someone rounding a corner or coming out of a doorway, lace that shit with some telesto bombs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom