• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT34| Stop Hammer Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tovarisc

So which shotgun should I use for IB? Conspiracy Theory-D (the good range one from the quest) or The Chaperone. Both at 300.

Conspiracy if you aren't consistent with landing headshots with Chaperone. If you can score headshots constantly when using Chaperone then it's better most of the time as you can engage from longer range.

Edit: Chaperone is OHK to head, 2 shot kill to body. 4 out of 5 times you will lose bodyshot race against any other shotgun.

WipedOut

Thanks again to Hawkian, Private, Breezy, Schwag, & T for the fun run last night. For the second time in a week Oryx dropped a helmet & boots. 308 helmet and 309 boots on my Titan. Full Raid gear acquired!

Can't wait to infuse the helmet into something that doesn't look ridiculous!

7rQWcy6l.jpg

Congrats. I'm looking forward going 0-3 in the raid this week in regards to the helm. Armor does not want to drop for me.

got my iron banner cheese class ready

Defender Titan - Armor of Light
Helm of Saint 14
Touch of Malice
Immobius (infinite ammo on kill shots in bubble)
Arc Edge

As long as you can't move me, I can't be moved.

Anyone who walks into a bubble when a defender wearing saint 14 is in said bubble, deserves to die a noob death.

flkraven

Nothing tops The Chaperone.

That's what I thought, but I just got it and noticed it's range is slightly worse than CT-D. Here how I look at it:

CT-D -
Pro: Range, impact
Con: Fire Rate, Reload Speed

Chaperone: Pro: Fire Rate, Headshot Range Buff, Cool as fuck
Con: Shorter first-kill range, Lower Impact

Conspiracy if you aren't consistent with landing headshots with Chaperone. If you can score headshots constantly when using Chaperone then it's better most of the time as you can engage from longer range.

Edit: Chaperone is OHK to head, 2 shot kill to body. 4 out of 5 times you will lose bodyshot race against any other shotgun.

Really? Even point blank?!

are you fast? is your gameplay style rushdown? if so, go with the Chaperone.

if not, go with the Conspiracy.

This seems like the best advice. It's based on mood. So I guess I'll play it situational. Conspiracy if playing conservative, Chaperone if saying fuck-it and running in.

Tovarisc

Only time I remember dying to Chaperone in OHK has been times when player has landed headshot. Other times they fire to my chest, I flinch and then take theirs torso off with my Conspiracy.

Chaperone just doesn't have impact to OHK with bodyshot.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
That's what I though, but I just got it and noticed it's range is slightly worse than CT-D. Here how I look at it:

CT-D -
Pro: Range,
Con: Fire Rate, Reload Speed

Chaperone: Pro: Fire Rate, Headshot Range Buff, Cool as fuck
Con: Shorter first-kill range, Lower Impact

This seems like the best advice. It's based on mood. So I guess I'll play it situational. Conspiracy is playing conservative, Chaperone if saying fuck-it and running in.

Going 1 on 1 against another shotty user, I will always prefer my chances with the Chaperone. At that range, headshots are pretty easy and even still, you can get 2 to the body pretty fast with it. I also prefer it when engaging two enemies at once. To me, faster rate of fire is pretty important in a shotgun. Try both!

Only time I remember dying to Chaperone in OHK has been times when player has landed headshot. Other times they fire to my chest, I flinch and then take theirs torso off with my Conspiracy.

I've yet to find anyone definitely stating that the roadborn glitch is a display bug or actually procs?

If you have chaperone equipped, getting a precision kill with your primary causes roadborn to appear to proc.

Does anyone know for sure what the truth is on this? You could argue that having the gun just equipped can be beneficial to you if you're getting a lot of precision kills with your primary - if indeed the glitch is real.

Who knows, this may get patched today too.

yea this has happened to me more than a few times--which has made me iffy on chaperone in general

I don't think Conspiracy Theory will be effected by the nerf--it lacks shot package

Raybunny

Add that to the warlock raid helmet I got earlier :p

300 hype?

I know it's tempting to just wait until the last day or 2 because of the buff, but it really is easier to max out if you do a bit each day. Sometimes PvP in this game can be frustrating to do it for many hours in a row.

Oh yes definitely. Playing a few each day is what most tend to do. Specially GAF trains will be on full throttle all the time.

Tovarisc

yea this has happened to me more than a few times--which has made me iffy on chaperone in general

I don't think Conspiracy Theory will be effected by the nerf--it lacks shot package

Yeah, Conspiracy will stay as long range sniper shotty post-nerf if you have one with rangefinder. I think everyone get Conspiracy from quest with same rolls each time? It's what I use in PvP, it's sniper.

flkraven

I thought they capped the amount of Orbs you can produce at 8? I was regularly producing 9 with my Nightstalker with Lupi + bonus orbs option on tether.

Deku Tree

I thought I would post my strategy for obtaining gear and leveling up gear.

1) always save your highest light gear for the Raid.
2) always save your gear if it has the optimal perks that you want.
3) infuse any other gear you get into your optimal perks gear when you can.

That way I get to keep my highest light gear, and I also get to work towards having top light gear with optimal perks.

LTWood12

Keep 310 Monte Carlo or infuse it into my Tlaloc?

Servers should be going down very soon.

Will infusing the Tlaloc make it 310 or close to it? I'd say go for it. You're likely to have another 310 Monte Carlo drop, but you're only ever going to get one Tlaloc.

Deku Tree

Oh so now I also need to save three chest pieces because I need:

Solar Burn Defense
Arc Burn Defense
Void Burn Defense

For nightfalls...

... Destiny is becoming more complicated...

SkylineRKR

Blueberry cheesed Heroic SABRE. I salute you.

Telesto sucks. Outside of Void Burn it hardly made a dent. Switched to something else.

Tecnniqe

Banned
O i can go pick up my Hori that GAF talked me into buying. I will go get that ready for IB and fuck up massively while using it.

realcZk

i'm curious if Spindle will be nerfed. not a biggie for me. got ToM and 310 1000 Yard Stare already.

will be a biggie for me if it wipes my infusion progress from the 3 spec raid drops ive put into it, so I'm curious to see what they do

Blueberry cheesed Heroic SABRE. I salute you.

Telesto sucks. Outside of Void Burn it hardly made a dent. Switched to something else.

Yeah I'm starting to feel the same way about it. Mines only 297 and fully upgraded; however, it feels like it does shit for damage! Was super excited for it at first but after using it for a while I keep switching back to other specials. Buff it Bungie

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Yeah I'm starting to feel the same way about it. Mines only 297 and fully upgraded; however, it feels like it does shit for damage! Was super excited for it at first but after using it for a while I keep switching back to other specials. Buff it Bungie

Telesto is a great gun. It seems that there's not a single gun in the game that someone doesn't think sucks, outside of hung jury (but it IS too big on my screen, dammit).

Top of page, our lord and savior, The Chaperone:
100.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom