• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT34| Stop Hammer Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Falifax

Just realized that Trials of Osiris will be on at almost the same time as the Dark Souls 3 Network Stress Test. Decisions decisions.

Also I totally called those Silver prices.

GRIP

Void kills on my Titan were not as bad as I was expecting. Siege of the Warmind area with acolytes, max discipline, monte carlo with magnetic grenades. Took me a bit over an hour and wasn't as bad as I thought, but maybe I need to reevaluate what 'not bad' is in terms of grinding with this game.

I probably should have spec'd my Titan a little better going into that. I think it took me close to 3 hours, but I did it in multiple sessions.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Perhaps 500 is worth 2 emotes. Or perhaps its 300S for each emote. Just so you have to purchase 2x4.99

500 - $4.99 (2 emotes?)
1000 (+100) - $9.99
2000 (+300) - $19.99

Afrocious

A room full of people trying to one-up each other. "that's nothing! Wait'll you hear what happened to my sister-in-law Regina!" Also probably some blatantly chauvinist and borderline racist statements.

Yeah, as a black dude who's a software dev, i really fucking hate working in big corporations. i lucked out since i'm a contractor with a really cool group inside an international company though.

i wore a hoodie to work one day and some engineer on my floor jumped into a conversation i was having with someone and said "you should watch out with these kids with hoodies. they're starting to have guns on them nowadays."

i'll let you know if I can make it closer to 5PM. need to get ready for a funeral tomorrow.

Damn dude. I'm sorry for your loss. If you don't wanna raid, it's definitely understandable.

FStop7

Banned
Was cleaning up story missions I never played, got an exotic to pop from the "Might of Crota" ogre at the end of the Siege of the Warmind mission.

Crest of Alpha Lupi for Hunter. Seems like everyone gets these. But I'll take it.

At this point I'm more interested in trying to farm legendaries than exotics. I mean I've got a bunch of meh blue stuff and like 4 exotics. I need some purple guns and shit. I think at this point it's best to start banking up marks so I can buy Apple of Discord as the pulse rifle seems to be the gun that suits my play style the best.

Maybe 1 emote will cost 100 silver? Right?

right? ;__;

giphy.gif

Kalamari

Guys, wait till you hear what happened to my second cousin's ex-girlfriend's sister's brother's mom's stepdaughter! You won't believe it!

Tecnniqe

Banned
Its probably somewhere like 2.99 for a emote, so you need to purchase more expensive or 2x first to get it.

Cmon its Activision.

EL CUCO

I tried the raid sniper in pvp. Possibly the only raid weapon I like so far. Has a nice whip crack sound effect too. Too bad it isn't high impact so no one cares about it
I like it alot. Will be using it on my NF this week. Eirene has been my go to PvP sniper but I dont mind using it for 6's.

I know I'm in the minority on this, but with the exception of Fusion Rifle, I think the Raid weapons have been pretty solid overall. I dont care that the primaries aren't elemental. They feel good in PvE and that's all I ask of them.

rNilla

A room full of half being fake as fuck, while the other half just stands around trying not to make eye contact?
Yeah, been there.

A room full of people trying to one-up each other. "that's nothing! Wait'll you hear what happened to my sister-in-law Regina!" Also probably some blatantly chauvinist and borderline racist statements.

Wait are you guys describing this thread or ... ?

:p

Sullichin

You're describing the only interaction I've had with Iron Banner before I quit Destiny lol. How is it better now, if it is?

- You get an "Medallion of Iron" or some shit when you lose a match. You can carry up to 5 of them, and they redeem into more rep when you eventually win your next match. This was the biggest change really and means fewer people quitting
- It took them a while to get the level power balancing right and actually meaningful for IB. It was in a good place before 2.0, but we don't know how it works with the new damage curves yet.
- In this upcoming IB, the weapons/armor/stuff Saladin is selling can drop as end of match rewards
- They are (assumedly) removing the massive glimmer grind of IB equipment and you're going to get most of your stuff from end of match rewards, or buy what you are missing with legendary marks.

I grinded the first iron banner to get the chest and gun and that was a reaaaaaal slog.
Yeah I remember feeling special having a Timur's Lash for a second though.

chur

I think one emote will cost ~300 silver. You'll then have 200 leftover that you can't do anything with which will make you buy more silver.

Shito

I think one emote will cost ~300 silver. You'll then have 200 leftover that you can't do anything with which will make you buy more silver.
You have the right idea, but it will probably be more along the line of ~400 silver for an emote.

GutZ31

Yeah, as a black dude who's a software dev, i really fucking hate working in big corporations. i lucked out since i'm a contractor with a really cool group inside an international company though.

i wore a hoodie to work one day and some engineer on my floor jumped into a conversation i was having with someone and said "you should watch out with these kids with hoodies. they're starting to have guns on them nowadays."

Clearly he knows what he is talking about.
Hoodies are the #1 cause of all fatal death kill dies.

Exact quote was "If you’re still skeptical, you can log in next week and take a look for yourself. We’ll be dropping some free Silver into your account so you can purchase an emote or two and become legend through the power of dance" so the emote pricing must be variable.

Lee

I feel they're in the story for the hell of it, especially in the show.

I disagree. I'm well out of college so I don't feel the need to write an essay on this, but they're important to the story, and to the overall arch. Just the way that the long descriptions of feasts and food are going to contrast sharply with the lack of food come winter, these acutely dehumanizing acts
innkeeper's daughter/tysha/reek/jeyne/ugly girl/i could go on...
serve to highlight what little is truly good in that world. Also, it's a period piece of sorts, and it's not far from the reality it's based on. Reminds me a bit of Ivan's collection of facts and newspaper articles from Brothers Karamazov, maybe even works towards the same end.

The show is a different animal, but if the show included half of what we have in the books in the same level of detail, there would be serious backlash.

PuMa

I like it alot. Will be using it on my NF this week. Eirene has been my go to PvP sniper but I dont mind using it for 6's.

I know I'm in the minority on this, but with the exception of Fusion Rifle, I think the Raid weapons have been pretty solid overall. I dont care that the primaries aren't elemental. They feel good in PvE and that's all I ask of them.

I agree. The fusion rifle is the only one I instantly scrap every time (INfusion rifle amirite?). I haven't tried the hand cannon yet though. The sniper rifle I have dropped with firefly, which is a pretty sweet combo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom